Controversial Why Mihawk < Sword Gorosei.

As far as I can see (could easily be proven wrong, but I checked long enough to satisfy me) no one in One Piece has been called 剣聖 / Kensei / "Sword Saint" yet. Not even Mihawk. He he's 世界最強の剣士 / Sekai Saikyou no Kenshi / World's Strongest Swordsman.

from wiki:
"Thus, the term is considered by some to imply a higher degree of perfection (possibly also encompassing a moral dimension) than the more commonly used kengo (剣豪) or "sword master". This is not to be confused with the word kenshi (剣士), meaning swordsman. "
the "sei" is different in Gorosei and Kensei, but its a pun. 聖 is saint, sage, holy person, and the "sei" in Gorosei is 星 for star, planet, heavenly body.

BUT the "Saint" in the name "Saint Jay Garcia Saturn" is 聖. Extending that to all the gorosei, the sword gorosei is literally a 剣聖/Sword Saint.

Mihawk might be the World's Strongest Swordsman, but there's more than just this world, and there's a level above the peak of a "swordsman".

Don't confuse Titles, World's Greatest Swordsman is an Epithet to Rank Mihawk as No. 1
We still don't know his Sword-Based Epithet

Ryuma was Sword God
Zoro is King of Hell
Ghandi is Sword Saint (Unofficial)
Vista or Hyogoro are Flower Sword
Kin'emon is Fire Sword
Cavendish is Beautiful Sword
Kyros is Destructive/Thunder Sword
Kiku is Snow Sword
Brook is Humming or Soul or Freezing Sword
Shiryu is possibly Death Sword
Shanks is ???
Roger was ???
Xebec was ???
Oden...
Ushimaru...
... etc

They are based on their Epithets or Swords or Positions or Personality or Achievements ... etc
But don't ever use these to claim that anyone is a Superior Swordsman than Mihawk

We still don't know his Sword-Based Epithet or Sword Style or Backstory or his Sword's Special Quality ... etc
What We do know is that He is Greatest Swordsman & Zoro's Test to become Strongest Ever
Mihawk > Ghandi

Trebol was the bodyguard of Sugar. Sword Saint might be the bodyguard of Imu. I think Sword Gorosei will parallel Trebol, in the sense that he will aid Imu in the fight against Luffy and Shanks, just like how Trebol aided Doffy against Luffy and Law. So he will get easily defeated by Redhair.

he does have the supreme-grade Shodai Kitetsu, the most powerful known cursed sword, and he's had it for decades. even if its not black, thats a feat
Its a nice feat but i would expect him to have black blade like Ryuma and Mihawk. Since its a rare feat not many can do. But Oda may retcon that IF Bald Gorosei is stronger than Mihawk or unless he has something else that is beyond pinnacle of swordsmanship. There is a good chance that your theory may be right But i will ride for my boy Mihawk being stronger than Bald Gorosei either way it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If we got a flashback of young Mihawk defeating Roger, Sword Gorosei and Shanks back to back, I wonder what bullshit people would come up with to still deny Mihawk's strongest status then, because I know that would happen.
Lmao Mihawk isn't gonna to be shown defeating any top tiers anytime soon. His best feat will be giving Zoro an extreme diff fight until Zoro unlocks another power up or uses Asura, or both.