Controversial Why Mihawk < Sword Gorosei.

I made a thread about this, but the power progression in One Piece seems to be Man/Woman —> Creature —> God

On average the other races are stronger than Humans and Gods like Nika are stronger than even the strongest of the other races.

The Strongest God is > Strongest Creature > Strongest Man/Woman.

Following this it fits that Sword God > even the Strongest Swordsman.

Now Gorosei may be Gods since Jay Garacia has the title of Saturn. If this is the case, then Ghandi is likely stronger than Mihawk. If not then Oda may have only Ryuuma stronger than Mihawk.

Asian swordsmanship is a meme anyways.

A European sword destroys any katana, and people who wielded them would shit on samurai.

Oda know this very well, that is why he didn't make Mihawk another katana-wielding weeb.
That's besides the point. Musashi is regarded as peak swordsman. The fact that he had to fight with a katana because that was what was on offer to him shouldn't devalue his accomplishments.

And meanwhile, Zoro fights with 3 katana lol. Is he a triple weeb or smt?:myman:

That's besides the point. Musashi is regarded as peak swordsman. The fact that he had to fight with a katana because that was what was on offer to him shouldn't devalue his accomplishments.

And meanwhile, Zoro fights with 3 katana lol. Is he a triple weeb or smt?:myman:
Of course, Zoro is the ultimate weeb fanservice, lmao. The most popular swordsman was always going to be a katana user...

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
As far as I can see (could easily be proven wrong, but I checked long enough to satisfy me) no one in One Piece has been called 剣聖 / Kensei / "Sword Saint" yet. Not even Mihawk. He he's 世界最強の剣士 / Sekai Saikyou no Kenshi / World's Strongest Swordsman.

from wiki:

the "sei" is different in Gorosei and Kensei, but its a pun. 聖 is saint, sage, holy person, and the "sei" in Gorosei is 星 for star, planet, heavenly body.

BUT the "Saint" in the name "Saint Jay Garcia Saturn" is 聖. Extending that to all the gorosei, the sword gorosei is literally a 剣聖/Sword Saint.

Mihawk might be the World's Strongest Swordsman, but there's more than just this world, and there's a level above the peak of a "swordsman".

Huge congratulations if you hit it spot on.

Although I fucking hope it's not. Someone other than Mihawk being Zoro's final obstacle on the way of becoming a WSS is fucking terrible.

All this "Mihawk will die to Shiryu", "Zoro will beat Mihawk and then fight Gandhi" are fucking disgusting.

Artur. What would you say for Gandhi fighting Mihawk in the past and Mihawk besting him leading Gandhi to tell someone to spread that Mihawk is WSS?

Huge congratulations if you hit it spot on.

Although I fucking hope it's not. Someone other than Mihawk being Zoro's final obstacle on the way of becoming a WSS is fucking terrible.

All this "Mihawk will die to Shiryu", "Zoro will beat Mihawk and then fight Gandhi" are fucking disgusting.

Artur. What would you say for Gandhi fighting Mihawk in the past and Mihawk besting him leading Gandhi to tell someone to spread that Mihawk is WSS?
i just think that will be the excuse for how hes stronger. mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world, but sword gorosei is beyond things like competition and past the limits of the world.

i respect this take but i feel like the WSS title will be empty if zoro beats mihawk and then there are no challengers left. someone needs to get gassed up enough to feel like a threat to zoro one more time imo
Post automatically merged:

like in wrestling, i dont want a guy to win the world championship and then immediately retire and their career is over. they have to defend it at least once!

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
i just think that will be the excuse for how hes stronger. mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world, but sword gorosei is beyond things like competition and past the limits of the world.

i respect this take but i feel like the WSS title will be empty if zoro beats mihawk and then there are no challengers left. someone needs to get gassed up enough to feel like a threat to zoro one more time imo
It will be anti-climactic if Zoro achieves WSS before EoS.

Mihawk should be Zoro's final on-screen fight in the series. Just like it all started.