Current Events ‘Warrior God’ is a Fake Translation - Viz Official Translation is ‘Godhead’

Gorosei have been increasingly portrayed to be more important and relevant than admirals and their episode with Sabo indicates it will be in terms of fighting too. Admirals couldn't even injure Sabo's nerfed commanders, Gorosei almost killed Sabo.

The titles were a pretty minor point considering the message Oda has been pushing the entire egghead arc. It was just another L for admiral fans. But regardless of what they are called, they are still more relevant than any admiral.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
A professional translator who specifically works on OP has chosen a different translation.

Maybe he is wrong, I don't know, but I highly doubt this is something as trivial as "he didn't know what a term means".
Yeah they’re going and taking half of the Gorosei’s titles and pasting that half into Google Translate and pretending like they know more about Japanese than professional veteran translators, lol

Why do some people in this fandom feel entitled to get on their high horse over a translation? A translation is still a subproduct of the original text they blatantly ignore and it's always the same ridicule: from Law and Kid's victory not being legit because their epithets were shown yet "the victor needs no epithet" to the hanagata debate regarding Zoro and Sanji and now this defense of 武神 lacking any war/fighting/martial connotation because a translator chose another wording for his English subproduct? This is specially funny because we're now getting the names of the elders and they all contain a celestial body in them fitting that in Japanese they're called the "Five Old Stars", with the "星" getting lost in pretty much every translation since their first appearance; guess they aren't really "stars" since the English version calls them "Five Elders" alone.

There's a manhua that is called 武神 too but is translated to Warlord, should its professional translator change it to Godhead now that Stephen Paul has spoken his official words?

Fucking clueless people, for real.

Last edited:
A professional translator who specifically works on OP has chosen a different translation.

Maybe he is wrong, I don't know, but I highly doubt this is something as trivial as "he didn't know what a term means".
Japanese speakers have been using Warrior God title.

This is just VIZ using a more biblical term as Godhead is basically the same as being God.