Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
Having a great time watching One Piece fans realize how cringey and cartoony One Piece actually is

they just don't realize it, because it's manga / anime

In fact, i think it's one of the big reasons why anime / manga fans lose their shit watching live action, they are forced to accept the fact that anime / manga is pretty cringe if you think about them in real life

they don't like feeling like that

:suresure:
Already knew this but I still appreciate anime /manga

Veku

Flamboyant
Bruh OP characters are canonically not pure japanese. I get if people criticise other stuff about the live action but expecting them to hire japanese only actors is ludicrous.
Post automatically merged:

Btw I liked the trailer. I guess I'll give the live action a try.
It's at least not Dbz Evolution 2.0.
Also while I'm of the opinion it's impossible to entirely convert the vibe of the manga/anime to a real live action series, given the budget of this project, it could have looked much better still. Look at Pirates of the Caribbean for example:

This is 17 years old and still holds up pretty well and so does the second and third movie in general, yet the Op trailer looks quite amateurish, Cgi is okay, but nothing groundbreaking:
This shot right here looks like someone used a random panorama of a city and then copied the manga parts on top:
Also the costumes and partially the designs in general look like some of those live action videos from youtube made by fans with zero budget:
The pic of Morgan reminds me of some caricature made in Minecraft, Marine soldiers look like carneval clowns, Luffy get#s some 5$ hawaii shirt, Nami's hair- which is among the easiest things to fix, looks flizzy and done with a cheap product, instead of shiny:
Little details like that make the difference.
Stylistic choices, filters, lightning, etc can change the entire tone of a show and make up for low budgets- which is not even the issue, yet they couldn't get it right.
Ironically I think Buggy is among the best designs, remember in the early days he was quite sinister looking and portrayed as a real threat:

The music is pretty good tho and hits the tone of Op.

Also for the German fans:
They're using the original voice actors from the german anime dub, so Imo it improves the trailer, especially Luffy's Gumo Gumo No Pistol sounds much better...