Corn meal;
sugar;
vegetable oil;
butter;
salt;
milk;
egg;
baking powder.
Despite cooking the dough, the cake is simple to prepare and bakes in about 45 minutes, as the dough is already baked in the oven.

In a medium pan, I mix the cornmeal, sugar, oil, butter, salt and milk and heat it up. Stirring constantly, I cook the pasta for about 10 minutes, until it boils, thickens and the bottom of the pan appears. Then I put it in a large bowl and let it cool for about 15 minutes.

In the meantime, I heat the oven to 200ºC (high), butter and sprinkle with cornmeal a large pudding pan and take care of the rest of the preparation.

I beat the egg whites until I get firm peaks and reserve.

With a spatula, I add the egg yolks and yeast to the dough and I always find it beautiful, as the warm dough gains lightness and grows like magic. Then, very gently, incorporate the egg whites.

Place the dough in the pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until the cake has risen, firm and golden (if you stick a toothpick in the center, it should come out clean).

I let it cool for about 15 minutes, unmold the cake and let it cool for another 45 minutes before serving. From time to time, I sprinkle the cake with sugar or sugar and cinnamon, which always go well.

The cake keeps well for about 3 days.