One Piece Chapter 1087; “Battleship Bags”

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koby assisted BB by taking out
bro since when does bb care about civilians, he's careless to his crewmembers but somehow worried about civilains, go re-read hate can make you blind
whatever koby did it help bb, also protecting citizens from someone with the gura is not bad
Garp himself won’t negotiate
garp of all people isn't going to allow himself to be negotiated, and it looks like a skull on his back when he's fighting kiji , and we have pizzaro talking about killing all of them, also all this future talk, the future can't happen if the old doesn't go

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Only down side in this chapter is Coby. He has been total disappointment. Even Grus figured out it was trap and coby still fell for it.

He is nowhere near to be even called VA - matching Luffy is just impossible with such huge gap.

Garp vs Kuzan - feels it's CoC. Oda never portrayed CoA clash with haki trails coming from both sides of explosion.

And, I think everyone including Garp is captured now - editor notes reflect so.

WG will now definitely negotiate with BBP.

Decent chapter - felt chapter was a bit short

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It was clear from the start that Shiryu will land sneak attack on Garp.

It was on cards from the beginning.

What's interesting is Garp figured out Shiryu attack but still failed to stop him. Shiryu bypassed Garp iron defense with ease (a fodder even commented on it)

Brannew: "The strength of these heroes was not innate"

Damn Is this Oda throwing shades at Kaido and Big Mom??

Anyway, pretty cool chapter. I liked the flashback bits and have pretty high expectations for Kuzan's true reasoning/motivations and ultimate role going forward at this point. Such a radical shift in his position in the world, going as far as attempting to crush someone he respects this much, has to lead to some interesting character depth.

Seems like the battle has been going on for quite a while considering how roughed up everyone already looks and the fact that there was seemingly a struggle to get the prisoners on board with several marines beyond Hibari ending up frozen in the process. In any case, Kuzan "the fist" took me by surprise ngl...

Ain't no one more willing to root for the rise of underdog heroes than me but Oda's going to have to pull some really wacky narrative decisions to make Coby work at this rate. Dude just isn't what the story is pushing him to be....

Nice final panel showing off Pizarro's power but the guy is pretty much setting himself up for a major beatdown in the moments to come with all that self hype. At least whoever is gonna deal with him is bound to look hella spectacular considering the scale of his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.