Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

I'm glad the kid looks like he nails the serious scenes for luffy
He will be fine
(Damnit I wrote an essay again lmao)

Aye definitely! Ironically people were trashing his actor from the reveal of him and the 1st trailer but I can tell he's gonna do it justice regardless of what they assume.
He's a lot like Luffy naturally, it's unreal, no wonder he was chosen!
People like that can have a genuinely fearsome, intense, serious side as we've seen with Luffy ofc, Shanks and such and thus I'm sure he will do those scenes well too.

I was impressed with his expressions here, the presence he had, the gravitas.
People tried to claim he's terrible in other stuff but that's probably either them being petty, too judgemental or maybe a bad script, director, cast chemistry or whatever?

Oda wouldn't let just anyone play his most important, iconic and beloved character either ofc. I heard rumours he chose the cast, well he must have vetted them at least ofc and him being such an extremely passionate, ambitious, perfectionist, he would be even more critical and wary of who plays Luffy ofc.

I have a lot of faith in the cast especially knowing how involved Oda has been with this, how Oda was extremely happy and emotional with Emily's version of Nami begging Luffy to help her and how the cast are as people, offscreen and thus with ewzh other, they are so well researched, have great natural chemistry and are genuinely bonding with each other, becoming great friends and are huge fans of the show and anime too. (Speaking about the SHs I mean at least)

This is far better than I expected. Each new reveals and more info especially these new trailers have made me much more excited all the more for this and now I'm weirdly extremely hyped to watch this ASAP?!

Unlike the Cowboy Bebop one too and other live action adaptations, it's not some truly egotistical, sanctimonious actors, writers, directors or whatever going on a rampage to fulfil their own agendas and ruin something they have no right to out of their own egos and greed.

That leaked script of Zoro cutting up Mr 7 in half sounds brilliant if it's true and if this really has a Mature/R rating too as ive heard about, all the better!

Regardless of those though, this looks unexpectedly great and way better than we had any reason to expect too!

August is gonna be the best month ever for One Piece so far potentially! Maybe this year for all years of OP so far too!

For Odas sake, I hope this succeeds! I'd love to see how far they can get, how many arcs they could cover!
Having such a fresh, abridged, new take on OP is very refreshing! Plus the original Japanese VAs return to dub this apparently and ironically!

Gosh, what a weird timelines we're living in genuinely!

I'd love to see Smoker, Dragon, The Admirals, Sengoku, hell even Warlords and Yonkos (Mihawk, Buggy and Shanks already here ofc) and done justice! Jinbei would be very blursed too LOL!

I hope Mackenyu will do his Zoro never lose again speech justice too! He's far from any ordinary actor ofc, not just a random one so I'm sure he will! I really liked him in the Rurouni Kenshin films too!

Last edited by a moderator: