Powers & Abilities Roger isn’t a swordsman

LOL
I already told you its made clear in the novel that Shanks challenged Mihawk
You didnt read properly again, Whitebeard says you and hawkeyes duels used to shake the GL, it was more than 1 duel, even the novel tells us they fought each other for many years leading to Shanks becoming famous.

Go and sleep my guy, you cant win this, you are using headcanons to try and disprove canonical facts, you lost!
I didn't know Oda wrote novels, must be a lot of work to write novels on top of a weekly manga.
So yeah, not canon.

And it the page I posted, you are wrong now.
Even the duel between you and Hawkeye.
I didn't know duel was a plural.

I didn't know Oda wrote novels, must be a lot of work to write novels on top of a weekly manga.
So yeah, not canon.

And it the page I posted, you are wrong now.
Even the duel between you and Hawkeye.
I didn't know duel was a plural.
the novel is canon since he approved it, saying its not canon is the same as saying additional source material is none canon which is stupid.

You posted a bad translation thats why you are so confused about the whole thing.
Whitebeard says their duels used to shake the GL
He said duels buddy

just give it up and accept reality already, you were wrong on everything, just accept it and move on!

the novel is canon since he approved it, saying its not canon is the same as saying additional source material is none canon which is stupid.

You posted a bad translation thats why you are so confused about the whole thing.
Whitebeard says their duels used to shake the GL
He said duels buddy

just give it up and accept reality already, you were wrong on everything, just accept it and move on!
Lol, you say that the translation is wrong, based on what?
Where?
Do you speak japanese now?

And no, I don't consider novel canon because Oda did not write them.

Lol, you say that the translation is wrong, based on what?
Where?
Do you speak japanese now?

And no, I don't consider novel canon because Oda did not write them.
other translations, try viz i cant get the old chapters anymore i stopped giving them my money, try finding the old mangastream translations.
i have commonsense and i read to understand, with those 2 things you dont need to know Japanese

Was Roger's sword called Ace? is Shanks sword called Gryphon?

I guess to you the answer to those 2 question is a NO by you

other translations, try viz i cant get the old chapters anymore i stopped giving them my money, try finding the old mangastream translations.
i have commonsense and i read to understand, with those 2 things you dont need to know Japanese

Was Roger's sword called Ace? is Shanks sword called Gryphon?

I guess to you the answer to those 2 question is a NO by you
So you're saying "Oh, your historic duel with Mihawk still shakes the world" doesn't make sense. It's perfectly in sense with One Piece, where Akainu and Kizaru duel shook the world, or 1 event shook the world, as Marineford shows.
I don't say that you are wrong, but duel or duels literally both make sense, and since I don't have actual counter proof, I will go with what I see.

I generally disregard what doesn't come from Oda himself. If Oda in an interview, or in an SBS wrote that those are the names, ok, I agree.
But if another person wrote it, no, I don't agree.

Is he a sword fanatic like zoro and mihawk nah
but he definitely is a swordsman that cares for his sword to the point he named his son ace after it

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
This is tha dumbest shit ever man, so because Roger wasn’t a swordsman his entire life he’s not a swordsman? Smh

And for tha 8,009,000,000th time. Roger is dead why is he being brought up in discussions bout Kiabwks strength? How strong he is or what fighting style he used has absolutely nothing to do with Mihawk currently

So you're saying "Oh, your historic duel with Mihawk still shakes the world" doesn't make sense. It's perfectly in sense with One Piece, where Akainu and Kizaru duel shook the world, or 1 event shook the world, as Marineford shows.
I don't say that you are wrong, but duel or duels literally both make sense, and since I don't have actual counter proof, I will go with what I see.
He said duels not duel my guy

I generally disregard what doesn't come from Oda himself. If Oda in an interview, or in an SBS wrote that those are the names, ok, I agree.
But if another person wrote it, no, I don't agree.
data books, magazine information, that novel and vivre cards, all this stuff Oda and his stuff give an OK on before its released to the public.
Did you actually think some random wrote a novel about Ace and release it to the public without Oda and his team looking it over first?

Funny thing is when you are given absolute evidence you pick and choose what is "canon"to you and what isnt depending on which piece of information helps your agenda

I always saw Shanks as a swordsman
But I didn't have a definite opinion about Roger, now that Shanks imitated Roger's style, so Roger is also a swordsman
And yes, your opinion is correct that Roger's attacks are not like those of other swordsmen and even Oden's claim tells us that strong haki is the winner of the fight.

This is tha dumbest shit ever man, so because Roger wasn’t a swordsman his entire life he’s not a swordsman? Smh

And for tha 8,009,000,000th time. Roger is dead why is he being brought up in discussions bout Kiabwks strength? How strong he is or what fighting style he used has absolutely nothing to do with Mihawk currently
He will always be brought up since Zoro made a promise to be the strongest swordsman ever, it would be impossible for Roger to not be brought up since he was also a swordsman

Here's the thing: actual pirates in the real world were swordsmen who took their swordsmanship skills very seriously. During the golden age of pirates, guns were limited to single shots, so their primary weapons for battle were almost always swords. Therefore, Roger being a devoted swordsman, as a stereotypical pirate, makes perfect sense.

Yup he wasn't his whole life and won't be
Post automatically merged:

I always saw Shanks as a swordsman
But I didn't have a definite opinion about Roger, now that Shanks imitated Roger's style, so Roger is also a swordsman
And yes, your opinion is correct that Roger's attacks are not like those of other swordsmen and even Oden's claim tells us that strong haki is the winner of the fight.
Roger's attack isn't even a sword based move, it is from elbaf most likely
Elbaf warriors aren't swordsmen or practice swordmanship

Roger isn't a swordsman

Here's the thing: actual pirates in the real world were swordsmen who took their swordsmanship skills very seriously. During the golden age of pirates, guns were limited to single shots, so their primary weapons for battle were almost always swords. Therefore, Roger being a devoted swordsman, as a stereotypical pirate, makes perfect sense.
Which he wasn't
Roger was never devoted to Swordsmanship

Actual real life pirates =/= OP pirates

"But he loved his sword so much"
"Why does he has supreme blade then"

You don't become a swordsman by picking up a sword when you're 25+ years old in your journey!
Just like Linlin who picked up her sword for the sake of it, Roger didn't pick up Ace cause he was a swordsman, it was just for the sake of it.

You really think Oden would boast himself having the strongest sword style if Roger was a swordsman? If Roger had the strongest sword style?

Roger doesn't even attack like a swordsman. His attacks aren't traditional cutting/slashing moves!
He prefer overpowering than cutting someone down!

No swordsman in this story became a swordsman when they're old or during prime!
All of them started swordmanship when they were kids : Law, Ryuma, Mihawk, Vista, Oden, Zoro, Tashigi, etc...

Oda usually hype swordsman with cutting feats :
Ryuma cutting a dragon, Law cutting a mountain, Zoro cutting Golem Pica, Mihawk cutting the iceberg, Oden cutting (scarring) Kaido and the mountain boar etc...
These feats are hyped in Zoro novels or sbs or magazines. And these guys clearly claim being swordsman or Oda clearly states it in the manga/sbs (sometimes novels/databooks)

Where's Roger's cutting feat them?
What's his sword style?
Who told you he was trained or trained himself in swordmanship?

you dont got from brawler to Swordsman /sniper
Every admiral know swordmanship yet they aren't swordsmen
Most people use swords yet they aren't swordmen

Being a swordsman is when one consider themselves to be one and are trained in swordmanship

Roger is like Linlin : didn't train swordmanship, they just picked up elbaf techniques ("divine" moves are from elbaf, skypean or lunarian tribes) and other moves to suit themselves. **(This also explains why Shanks loves elbaf a lot, Roger provably used to hang there a lot too)**
Both Roger and Linlin only picked up weapons to channel their haki and that's it.

Stop your lame agenda,
Roger is a sword user who could brawl and use guns, Oden was the strongest swordsman who had the strongest swordmanship back then.

@RayanOO @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Jiihad @Reborn
The bitch runs through the threads every day and tries to downplay the fencers. Yes, swordsmen are the strongest characters of Op. Mihawk, Roger,Shanks, Reilly, Auden,Zoro, Fujitora, Gandhi, Shiryu. Cry Bitch