Character Discussion Luffy’s Character Growth: From Ignorant Rookie To Top Tier Pirate

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge Luffy’s character growth from rookie pirate with no experience to true Yonko. When Luffy was a rookie pirate, he actually thought he could beat even one Admiral:

Now that Luffy is a fully fledged Yonko, one of the four most powerful pirates in the OP world and soon to be the Pirate King, he knows better:

Now acknowledging that he can’t possibly fight and defeat an Admiral. Luffy has truly reached the level of the great pirates who came before him. Whitebeard was also too much of a coward to face the Navy until his death:

Kaido took hostages to win his battles:

Roger was too much of a coward to face any Admirals or even Big Job:

Little Figarland Jr relies on his daddy for protection:

Yonko Blackbeard ran from Akainu, then ran from CP-0, then was scared to death of fighting Kuzan even with his whole crew helping him:

It is truly humbling to see our main character go from ignorant rookie who actually thought he could fight an Admiral, to now reaching the level of the chickens who came before him, who all knew they never had what it took to face the Navy and always fought like cowards.

Goda!!!

@MarineHQ @SakazOuki @The White Crane @Kurozumi Wiwi @Extravlad @kurwa @silverfire @scoobie3 @Apollo @AkainuTheGrimReaper @ZenZu @Wuuuke @haxxor @God Buggy @TheKnightOfTheSea @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Owl Ki @Blackbeard

Last edited:
C

Cruxroux

Guys don't get Manipulated.
It's secretly a marine Wank in the name of Luffy.
:usoprice:
No admirals beats Yonkou I'm sorry.
Post automatically merged:

Agreed, the entire world stood still when two Admirals fought, meanwhile no one cared when two Yonko were defeated lol.

Probably because the Yonko are cowards and weaklings as I said in the OP.
Mihawk and shanks used to shake the whole new world... There won't be a single person who won't know who shanks and mihawk is In new world.

I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge Luffy’s character growth from rookie pirate with no experience to true Yonko. When Luffy was a rookie pirate, he actually thought he could beat even one Admiral:

Now that Luffy is a fully fledged Yonko, one of the four most powerful pirates in the OP world and soon to be the Pirate King, he knows better:

Now acknowledging that he can’t possibly fight and defeat an Admiral. Luffy has truly reached the level of the great pirates who came before him. Whitebeard was also too much of a coward to face the Navy until his death:

Kaido took hostages to win his battles:

Roger was too much of a coward to face any Admirals or even Big Job:

Little Figarland Jr relies on he daddy for protection:

Yonko Blackbeard ran from Akainu, then ran from CP-0, then was scared to death of fighting Kuzan even with his whole crew helping him:

It is truly humbling to see our main character go from ignorant rookie who actually thought he could fight an Admiral, to now reaching the level of the chickens who came before him, who all knew they never had what it took to face the Navy and always fought like cowards.

Goda!!!

@MarineHQ @SakazOuki @The White Crane @Kurozumi Wiwi @Extravlad @kurwa @silverfire @scoobie3 @Apollo @AkainuTheGrimReaper @ZenZu @Wuuuke @haxxor @God Buggy @TheKnightOfTheSea @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Owl Ki @Blackbeard
Who would have thought that it would take an Admiralbro like you to do justice to Luffy's character development, huh? :cheers:

Whitebeard was also too much of a coward to face the Navy until his death:
This is the full panel:

They didn't fight because it's pointless; The more marines they fight, the more that come.
They aren't even obligated to fight the marines in the first place, so this makes sense honestly.
Blackbeard did the same thing with Akainu, but for another reason.
If he had fought Akainu there, they surely would have wrecked the battleship they brought with them, which would still leave them stranded without a ship, so again it's a pointless battle.
It's clear that they aren't AFRAID of fighting marines.
Hell, we see BB's crew fighting Garp despite him having a shit ton of hype.
They may have lost (besides Kuzan who was at a clear disadvantage but was still managing to get some good hits in on Garp nonetheless) for a while until Garp sacrificed, but you get the point.
We also see Roger not being scared of fighting Garp and Sengoku despite them being the strongest marines so far, Oldbeard not being scared of fighting the entire navy HQ, Warlords, Pacifista and Sentomaru to rescue Ace, etc.
I don't really care to argue about whether they're below or above these marines, we'll see very soon whether or not Luffy is above Kizaru and/or Saturn anyway (my money's on Luffy though for obvious reasons), but I just wanted to point this out because it's a particularly flawed argument.