One Piece Chapter 1090: "Admiral Kizaru"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

-> yonko has fear reaction then proceeds to destroy his opponent

-> yonko has fear reaction then I wonder what will happen?
Would be perfect opportunity for Luffy to further grow his strength or his haki and then Kizaru would be a good power boost for Luffy.

Might be that Luffy humiliates Kizaru more than Kid got humiliated.

I really appreciate how Saturn loosens up around Kizaru. I think there’s a modicum of respect for the man. He doesn’t cause trouble like Sakazuki, isn’t a traitor like Kuzan, and volunteers to go after their enemies (Sabaody). I can’t imagine Saturn reacting that way to Sakazuki if he told Saturn “no”.
There is some sense to what you’re saying. Borsalino is a class act, he’s calm and composed and ready to discuss things over a cup of coffee. Sakazuki however is confrontational in nature, we’ve already seen him directly threatening the Gorosei then mocking their power.
Don’t you dare pull something like this again, you hear?!!!

Akainu: Cipher Pol, eh......? / Let me guess. This business was carried about above even your heads, am I right?! By those puppets of the Tenryuubito!!!
Gorousei: Watch your mouth, Sakazuki.
It depends on the seriousness of the situation, but I don’t think Kizaru can go against the elders and defy them for a serious insult (e.g. Doffy incident) like Akainu did. One thing is for sure, the elders know an Admiral’s respect is something they should earn, and that these Admirals would go against their command any day of the week if they deemed appropriate. Just look at Fujitora lol

Really nice chapter this week

More Kizaru

“Muh Muh Admirals are Gorosei lapdogs” debunked

Strawhat Interactions

Luffy acted like an idiot but that’s par for the course

Lucci betraying the Strawhats instead of turning into yet another enemy turned ally is a nice change of pace

Sentomaru standing his ground against his uncle earned him my respect

Pretty good read

Sanji vs Lucci? I think it could be a great fight actually. Both are CQC & speed based fighters. And while he was outmached by G5, Luffy does seem to believe Lucci is strong enough to be a threat to his crew :wonderland:
That's a fight I can get behind but it doesn't make sense unless Zoro fights someone stronger and I really have a hard time seeing any Vice Admiral stronger than Lucci.

Would be perfect opportunity for Luffy to further grow his strength or his haki and then Kizaru would be a good power boost for Luffy.

Might be that Luffy humiliates Kizaru more than Kid got humiliated.
Impossible

Luffy would have to oneshot Kizaru and that’s the highest form of delusion

I don’t even know if Kerkovian believes that and he’s the biggest Luffy fan around lol

You are correct, Luffy showed no concern for two Yonko but twerked in sheer terror of Kizaru’s power.
No you did not understand.

Luffy is not simply scared of Kizaru. He was not scared of facing Kaido and Big Mom, he was not scared of facing Kizaru, Akainu and Kuzan.

This reaction is more similar to the reaction Luffy had when he saw Lucci. Similar to the reaction of Shanks realizing what Kid can do. Similar to the reaction that Whitebeard had when he sensed Oden.

Luffy was not expecting to sense Kizaru's presence in Egghead, so he had this reaction. It means Kizaru is at that level but you have to take the context into consideration.

It's not Luffy seeing Kizaru for 5 minutes and being scared. It's Luffy REALIZING Kizaru is in Egghead and reacting accordingly.

This, in no way, means that Luffy is more scared of Kizaru than Kaido and Big Mom (he already knew they were in the rooftop when he walked across them).

It's him noticing that Kizaru, a strong person, is in Egghead, and reacting accordingly.

If you want to believe that Luffy is "simply" scared of Kizaru, then feel free to do so. I'm just trying to let you understand my point of view and warning you of what may happen next chapter.

Last edited:
I really appreciate how Saturn loosens up around Kizaru. I think there’s a modicum of respect for the man. He doesn’t cause trouble like Sakazuki, isn’t a traitor like Kuzan, and volunteers to go after their enemies (Sabaody). I can’t imagine Saturn reacting that way to Sakazuki if he told Saturn “no”.
Modicum.. Thanks for the new word

Younko fans on twitter are really using Luffy's reaction on Shanks like that was his reaction on Aramaki's sudden arrival

So shameless:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

What actually happened: Monster Trio, Jinbe, Yamato, Scabbards and Shanks all treated Aramaki as a top tier threat from the get go

"Kaido might've fallen, but it's guys like the forest guy that will be coming for us"
:araboss:

And if someone can't understand Fujitora's decisions and portrayal in Dressrosa, well i guess thats just their lack of reading.

The blind geezer surely knows how to behave like he isn't one of the strongest person alive
:fujilaugh:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
he was not scared of facing Kizaru, Akainu and Kuzan.
Because he was an ignorant fodder with no Haki and no idea what kind of opponents he was facing lol.

But once Luffy actually unlocked advanced CoO and became a literal Yonko, Luffy literally shivered in fear of Kizaru’s strength.

Just because Big Job and Crydo arent as scary as an Admiral doesn’t justify these dumb gymnastics lol.

Where is joy boys joy?
:milaugh:
Honestly I moved up the admirals or Kizaru/Kuzan atleast half a tier, I was not expecting this even as an admiral fan who knew we will see Luffy drop a sweat or two but this.. his soul left the body for few seconds right there lmao.

Kizaru and Kuzan are stronger than BM for sure.

Last edited:
Because he was an ignorant fodder with no Haki and no idea what kind of opponents he was facing lol.

But once Luffy actually unlocked advanced CoO and became a literal Yonko, Luffy literally shivered in fear of Kizaru’s strength.

Just because Big Job and Crydo arent as scary as an Admiral doesn’t justify these dumb gymnastics lol.
Those ain't dumb gymnastics. Reread what I said.

There is a context behind this and you are fully aware of the context as you read the same chapter as I did.