ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

It's big achievement if you factor in that we are talking about Live action of animes which usually don't go so well.

It even surpassed Strangers in this regard.

And, definitely it's about longevity but you have to understand something here - when you get such massive peak like this then it fuels mouth to mouth publicity and other media outlets start covering it more - which means more viewership and more revenue.

Getting this peak is important for longevity.

Heck, I saw a video from my country covering LA with nearly 400K views talking about how good LA is...
yeah sure, not saying it wont happen

but the OPLA, and One Piece universe is very specific, only some new people will like its weirdness. Not wishing it failure. just annoying that people are bringing up stats that mean littleas far as the chance of renewal

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
yeah sure, not saying it wont happen

but the OPLA, and One Piece universe is very specific, only some new people will like its weirdness. Not wishing it failure. just annoying that people are bringing up stats that mean littleas far as the chance of renewal
It means a lot in terms of success.. numbers means they did something right which other animes failed to do it.

Will it get second season? Not sure

But as far as first is concerned then this is turning out to be a successful venture for Oda and biggest win here for him isn't revenue (he is no short of it) but spreading reach in different countries through Netflix

Since they introduced Garp a lot earlier in the LA, I hope they do the same in Season 2 with another character.

If they follow the 3 plotline structure like Season 1 maybe it will be

- SH plot
- Smoker's plot
- Baroque works plot

So maybe introduce Kuzan in Smoker's plot. Or maybe introduce a SN being chased by the "millions" in the Baroque works plot
Or some supernovas accomplishment

G

Gorosei Informer

Why is Live action Morgan such a problem? Does he have haki? Zoro says his whole body is a weapon… And I think there’s a scene part where Zoro’s sword fails to cut his body… And he catches Luffy’s gum gum pistol… Did they give fuckin Morgan Haki?
Morgan slashed Garp up in a cover story later, so hes an underrated top tier apparently /s.

I've not seen much of the LA yet but I heard they made Krieg more of a threat/an effort for Mihawk to defeat? I saw some 300 style slowmo GIFs of Mihawk cutting some bullets from Kriegs guns lol.

Buggy felt more like a threat here too so far. But Ive not seen the beginning of OP in decades lol.

Morgan slashed Garp up in a cover story later, so hes an underrated top tier apparently /s.

I've not seen much of the LA yet but I heard they made Krieg more of a threat/an effort for Mihawk to defeat? I saw some 300 style slowmo GIFs of Mihawk cutting some bullets from Kriegs guns lol.

Buggy felt more like a threat here too so far. But Ive not seen the beginning of OP in decades lol.
Dunno where you heard that lmao.
Mihawk trashes him.

So how long is this series expected to go? Until the end of the Alabasta arc? Enies Lobby? No way they keep making seasons until the entire manga is adapted. I'd be floored if there are 20+ seasons of the live-action. Imagine getting a live action version of G4 or G5 haha.
I hope we get at least to see Enel. Enel heading to the moon is a hopeful ending and very inspiring nonetheless.

Just finished the series. Great season 1. By the way its a shame that they didnt make the Arlong Park walk. Also,too bad that there wasnt the final scene where Nami steals from the people of Coconut Village,but i guess that wouldnt work well in the live action. By the way great season. What do you guys think of Garp? In this show we saw more his "serious" side than the comical one,did you liked that or not?
About season 2,i guess Lougetown can still happen,after all the season ended with the Buggy-Alvida alliance and with Smoker,so a Lougetown episode would be the perfect way to introduce them in the season. But i hope somehow next season will have not only the Alabasta saga but also the Skypea saga somehow. Maybe with 10 episodes instead of 8,it can happen.
By the way with this writers/actors strike,the casting of the actors for the new characters,the long time it takes for CGI,the long time for writing,the long time for Oda supervising,etc. i guess it will take at least 3 years (and its an optimistic prediction) to watch season 2!