Character Discussion Borsalino "Yellow Monkey" - The Ultimate Soldier (Strongest Marine?!)

Is he the Ultimate Soldier?

• AWW HELLLLL YEAAA HE IS

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • YUHH

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yea

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • I don't fuckin know bruh

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
At least he isn't unemployed criminal like the mere Yonko
You're reading the wrong manga. It is about piracy in case you need a reminder. Luffy is a different kind of pirate.
Post automatically merged:

Kizaur is weaker than Akainu, above every other admiral
That was made obvious since Pre ts
And Old Ray isn't above sickbeard.
Old Ray can't beat a yonko or Admiral while sickbeard could beat an admiral
Something tells me eventually we'll have a Akainu vs Kizaru threads same as we have Luffy vs Zoro endless debates.

good thread. don't know about old ray being stronger then wb we did see the difference when both had a free shot on an admiral
I think two different comparisons.

Cheapshot from behind on a solid Saka vs Attack on Kizaru who goes intangible while knowing Rayleigh is right in front of him.

Garp compares Ray to be of the same stature as Newgate, which I don't think would be possible without being on the same level. However, unlike Rayleigh... Whitebeard needs life support. The moment he gets off it his Haki stats fell hard, as Marco noted the worsening of his condition. Which was made even more worst by Squardo's stab right in middle of the chest. He was also extremely slow in combat. His Gura Gura has more destructive power behind the attacks sure no doubt, but it's not gonna land on any top tier combatant in a face to face.

However, he'll need Haki to keep up with them, which he sadly won't be capable of using without recieving a giant heart attack and without any PIS, somebody like Rayleigh or hell even BM, would just slice his head clean.

He's by far the weakest top tier at that point, hence Oda never drew a proper exchange between him and akainu face to face that wasn't 2-3 punches at most.

btw sengoku and garp don't really have true ambitions of their own.
Garp has ambitions when it comes to strength and wanting to be the strongest (hence him saying he'd make ace and luffy into the strongest to ever exist and his continuous pursuit of Roger) + still keeps in touch with his son despite him being the worst criminal + let his grandson go simply.. cause.

For Sengoku, simply look at the image below of him as a kid. I forgot what was written on the paper, but it was something important related to the character. But yea he's always been a very ambitious and passionate man.

With the Wizaru wank. My brothers are taking it too far. All Admirals serve to fuel the one and only agenda.

Without him there is no Admiral agenda.
:steef:
Nobody is leaching off of anybody else on my watch in the Marines. Only person Saka is allowed to leach off of is Teach's 2nd strongest commander Iceman.

:beckmoji:

Was legit thinking of making a "GB strongest marine?!" :josad:. Maybe in a year or two. Aramaki wank about to hit differenttt maaaan.

Last edited:
Cheapshot from behind on a solid Saka vs Attack on Kizaru who goes intangible while knowing Rayleigh is right in front of him.
Kizaru was in logia form the most ray could do was a papercut whilst akainu had time to brace himself several times and newgate still immobilized him
as seen via the akainu fight when whitebeard fights it wont last long due to the nature of the gura , also in marineford he was resevering power and still ended up having better feats then ray

also im suppose to believe ray can somehow land an attack on top tier when he never did? and got complelty overpower by a more restricted admiral where as akainu/wb both went for second attack with wb getting off the second before him

Kizaru was in logia form the most ray could do was a papercut whilst akainu had time to brace himself several times and newgate still immobilized him
as seen via the akainu fight when whitebeard fights it wont last long due to the nature of the gura , also in marineford he was resevering power and still ended up having better feats then ray

also im suppose to believe ray can somehow land an attack on top tier when he never did? and got complelty overpower by a more restricted admiral where as akainu/wb both went for second attack with wb getting off the second before him
Kizaru who was aware of Rayleigh being right in front of him, while in partial logia transformation, while possessing FS was given a papercut. You compared this to a cheapshot from behind where Akainu had 0 idea of Newgate being behind him. Those are two completely different scenarios.

Saka vs Newgate round 1:

1st clash magma punch vs gura gura punch, stalemate.

2nd clash Hell hound getting deflected by Newgate:

Two attacks into the fight... Newgate has a heart attack. A heart attack which he only survived because of the PIS of Sakazuki going for the giant chest, instead of a giant magma punch to Newgate's head... So cool, Newgate can last 20 minutes against a top tier before getting a heart attack.

So literally Newgate would've been dead two attacks into his fight against Akainu, because of how fucked up his body already was. But I reckon you're mostly going off of that clash at the end.... so let's get into that.

Saka vs Newgate Round 2:

An all out gura gura punch point blank to a distracted Akainu. This isn't Newgate holding back, this is him raging as much as he can against Saka hence the chapter "Silent Rage".

Saka then gets off an attack against Newgate (who's literally just standing there) in which Newgate tries to dodge by moving his head but fails. And then while Sakazuki is in the air still, he gets Saka on the ribcage clean hit.

I have 0 idea where you saw Saka bracing himself. You have an exchange of two attacks in this as well, and sole reason Saka is getting hit is because of the initial point blank cheapshot to the damn temple.

Result:

- In a proper face to face Whitebeard could last about 20 mins against a top tier without receiving a heart attack, in which he deals with a normal magma punch + hound attack.
- Then when going all out raging he got the best of Saka after starting off with a point blank cheap to the temple, with Sakazuki being on guard none of the times.

Exactly, what part of this is better than Rayleigh & Borsalino both going as hard as they could within the confinement of the strawhats and marine underlings being right there too??

I never used Rayleigh scratching Borsalino as a hype for Ray, however that is much harder to do than w.e the fuck Newgate did, since Borsalino is completely aware of Rayleigh ( the man is standing literally in front of him) & knows Rayleigh can intercept him... and it was casual swing lmao.

MF WB - Rayleigh comp:

- Oda establishes Rayleigh as an entity of the same level as Newgate through Garp at Sabody, before Kizaru faces him.
- We then get to MF, where it's pointed out to us since Whitebeard has been off his life support his haki and health has declined (hence the reason this dude was on life support 24/7, even against his clash with Shanks he was on life support during that clash lmao). Aka he's not on the same level as Rayleigh anymore.
- The squard stabs triggers his sickness even more making him come down on his knee and coughing up blood, aka he's declined further than Rayleigh more now.

-> Getting tagged by fodder marines
-> Insanely slow in counters
-> Has next to 0 Haki relevance
-> Gets heart attacks upon Haki usage

Rayleigh/Garp in particular are running circles around his ass while getting 0 times. His slow ass isn't tagging anybody. And yes I believe Rayleigh, who went blow to blow with the fastest admiral will be able to tag a dude that was getting tagged by fodder.

---

But yes, Borsalino vs Rayleigh, exchanging countless back and forth attacks on-panel + off-panel is a FAR more impressive feat than the 4 exchanges that happened in Saka vs WB, 1 of which was a complete cheapshot and the other one was on a rattled Saka following that cheapshot. Outside of that he didn't land a single thing on Saka.

And Borsalino was trying his best to get past Ray to get the strawhats, was he limited? Yes, so was Rayleigh. So mentioning the limitations is pointless in this scenario.

I don't think this should even be a discussion bruhz, we're not talking about some healthy WB, we're talking about a dude who was FAR removed from top tier level as an overall fighter. MF WB is getting destroyed by any top tier, hell the man is getting destroyed by Beckman/Chaton/Gion/and they're featless... in less than a hour.

Buttt if you still disagree bruhz, we'll just have to settle upon a disagreement since I don't want to turn this into a Newgate vs Ray thread.

C

CensoredbyWG

Akainu is definitely the strongest
It's unlikely that Aokiji and Akainu fought for 10 days with only fruit power, so they probably have close haki abilities.
If Kizaru is Luffy's opponent, he will receive more chapters than other admirals, it is not surprising if he shows a good feat.
However, for me, they are always categorized as follows:
Akainu>Aokiji>Kizaru>Gb>Fuji
Marineford was explicit on the idea of: akainu>kizaru>aokiji.

Height diff, their skirmishes with WB and general portrayal.

Luffy is high-diffing Kizaru at worst 1v1. But they will probably get interrupted somehow it’s just Oda way of making powerscaling more convoluted and ambiguous.

C

CensoredbyWG

No it wasn't. If anything, Aokiji was given superior portrayal due to being a fleet admiral candidate and fighting Akainu for 10 days.
They portrayal against WB said it ALL.
Post automatically merged:

No it wasn't. If anything, Aokiji was given superior portrayal due to being a fleet admiral candidate and fighting Akainu for 10 days.
Not to mention that fking jozu was able to make aokiji bleed lol.