The fight aint over. We had those stupid statements ''The climax of this battle reaches the end'' or some shit for 30 chapters in Wano....
We had "fierce fight" last week and everybody swore on it, I was the first one to bring the argument you brought above. Yet, you saw what happened in 1092: we got a fierce fight.

Don't have double standards, especially when the chapters are 1 week apart, you just don't get to choose what editor's note to believe.

Don't ignore as well that Luffy used Gear 5 already, his strongest form, the sun god Nika and that Kizaru was shocked to see that Nika reappeared as it was only a rumor for him. Kizaru was already impressed by Snakeman and told Luffy that he lived up to the man who defeated Kaido, little he knew that Nika reappeared. Giant Luffy grabbed Kizaru like a worm.

Let's not forget that Chapter 1093's title is going to be "Emperor Luffy" or some variation of it, as this Tweet pointed out.

Possible titles for 1093:
- The Emperor Monkey D. Luffy
- The Emperor's Crew, The Strawhat Pirates
- The "Emperor attacking the Admiral" Incident

Finally, let's not forget for a second that this is the "Egghead incident" (Luffy defeats Kizaru and the marines take an L) and that Luffy has to defeat Kizaru to be portrayed as the yonko he is, like Shanks (who defeated Kid) and Blackbeard (who defeated Law).

I personally believe the fight will conclude in 1093.

Last edited:
This is an escape arc, something will interrupt the fight if it actually concluded
It's not convenient to ignore plot just for your agenda my friend.

The Egghead incident

The Egghead incident was set in motion 3 months ago.

Somebody told the World Government that Vegapunk was researching the void century.

As a consequence, the WG sent CP5, CP7 and CP8 to investigate Egghead but all their ships disappeared.

Then, the Gorosei talked to Vegapunk and revealed additional stuff and then ordered Vegapunk's assassination.

They ordered CP0 to assassinate Vegapunk but he resisted.

So, the WG sent Saturn with Admiral Kizaru and different naval branches and raised their caution to total war imminent because they wanted to stop Vegapunk and expected anything.

Then, the Emperor Strawhat Luffy's ship suddenly appeared in their way to Egghead and they did not feel ok with this.

The chain of events is going to culminate tomorrow and the outcome will shock the world!

What will shock the world? Luffy defeating Kizaru because this was a WG mission and it was not supposed to be in the medias at all.

They saw an Emperor go to the island they were heading towards and instead of stopping, they shrugged it off and acted as if it wasn't a big deal. So yes, Luffy's Emperor status has to be reasserted here.

You can't contradict this because I literally wrote down what is written in chapter 1078.

What will shock the world? Luffy defeating Kizaru because this was a WG mission and it was not supposed to be in the medias at all.
The man who defeated Kaido also defeated Admiral Kizaru, that would shock me to say the least but its not really such big news
It seems to me you're the one who's hot on the agenda lol
Their fight barely started, a clash of this caliber would last at least 4 or 5 chapters with mini timeskips in between.

There's a reason Luffy jumped to his taxing gears so quickly