Spoiler One Piece Chapter 982 Spoilers Discussion

Who should be the next Mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's this belief that somehow an future Elbaf arc is dependent on Big mom. People think that there has to be some kind of resolution between Big mom and the giants, with which i totally disagree.

It was already made clear that Elbaf cut all ties with Linlin, she doesn't exist for them. Due to Loki falling in love with Lola a door opened for Big mom and this was immediately shut down again.

Elbaf has no ties to Big mom any longer
Not only that, never once has Big Mom even hinted that she wants to return to Elbaf, for whatever reason. Recruit the Giants into her army? then why did she pay Scam Artist Ceaser to try and develop artificial gigantification? it shows she had given up on Elbaf and intended to do the next best thing which is to gigantify her family instead.

Now Oda decides via cover page to have Lola and Chiffon meet. Rather than you know... meet up at Elbaf supposedly with BM and have one big family reunion - never mind BM's standing order to kill one daughter and her beating up the other for failing to trick the giants. Even the so-called Lola x Loki thing is now hanging by a thread. If Lola decides to hitch up with whathisname and hang around with Chiffon and Capone and her family, that kills that plotline of some marriage alliance with Giants stone dead.

The only thing left is the idea that somehow Linlin's story will only be complete once she knows the truth of what happened. Which I disagree with and misses the point of WCI's ending. There we got to see Linlin's inner world where, she and Mother Carmel and her foster family, whom she unknowingly devoured all those years ago are happily dancing away. It's the perfect fairy-tale ending for a fairy-tale inspired arc. Just with a nightmarish twist. Big Mom accepts that the people she loves are never truly gone, they are always with her, within her (literally in fact). The facts of what happened don't matter anymore. For her, the truth is MC and her foster family will always be in her forever.

That's why she can now leave WCI and not have to wait around anymore. It also means that her one weakness ( the Mother Carmerl associated memories) are no longer her Achille's heel. She's actually stronger now than she was before the photo was destroyed because she has accepted the truth that MC and her friends havent left her but will be there in her inner world.

As for the spoilers, people are jumping to conclusions as well. Oda will never diminish BM's strength and power, but what he is doing is to diminish her threat level. For me it just screams that Luffy isn't the one to take her down. Despite what he says.

I can get behind it but then there becomes a large issue with how the crew powerscales

The crew is to have its "top 3", like all Yonko crews. Granted, these will be more powerful than any Yonko crews, but we already know Luffy will be verse-topping, Zoro has to at least be top tier, with Sanji having the pervasive theme "3" placing him as the 3rd strongest. We've already got Jinbe making waves too. If Jinbe doesn't get any stronger - given his age, I'd be more open to the idea of having Marco become Luffys YC3 equivalent but i just can't see it because I can't see Sanji getting much stronger than Marco EOS

The PK having incredibly strong allies under him makes a huge difference. If the strongest a Yonko ally could get is Doffy, it makes sense for Marco to be an ally for a PK: Distinctively superior to guys like Doffy in both power and influence

But yeah apparently I am a Sanji wanker despite the fact I prefer Franky, Marco, Smoker, Brook, Luffy, Fujitora, Reiju and Hancock to Sanji
Honestly, don’t think powerscaling in Luffy’s crew is relevant, especially now, for two reasons.

The first is, simply, Jinbe. If Oda cared at all about powerscaling, Jinbe wouldn’t have joined, he wouldn’t have put a Warlord on Luffy’s crew. At this moment, he’s stronger than Sanji, and will likely remain so. I don’t buy into age. Most of the strongest people in the series are also the oldest. Teach is leaps and bounds stronger than he was two years ago, Brook, a ninety year old skeleton, is leaps and bounds stronger than he was two years ago, and Big Mom hasn’t taken legit damage in years based on what is said in the story. I don’t buy drop off, nor do I buy slower progression rates, as those examples disprove them both. There’s no real reason to think Sanji will be or needs to be stronger than Jinbe.

The other reason is that I don’t think that the part about “all Yonko crews” having a top three by portrayal is true. The only one that has a crew that matches that layout is Kaido, but that’s even subject to change depending on the “Ace”. Big Mom’s crew was not like that, remember, it used to be the Four Sweet Generals, but became three following Snack’s demotion after his loss to Uruoge. Whitebeard’s crew was also not like this. Marco is the strongest of them, but there was never any dynamic laid out for the rest of them. Jozu and Vista were highlighted, but so were Ace and Izo. They were all portrayed to be monsters.

Shanks’ crew definitely does not subscribe to that based on looks alone and their portrayal at Marineford. Plus the only one that’s gotten any kind of special attention is Beckman.

And, because Shanks came from his crew, and his crew was superior to Whitebeard’s who didn’t follow that structure either, we can assume that Roger’s crew didn’t have that.

So all in all, I don’t think powerscaling matters much (Oda sure as hell doesn’t care about it). I don’t think it matters in terms of crew dynamic at all based on what I’ve said.

To be clear, I fully acknowledge that it’s more of a hope for me and that Marco joining is a long shot, but I think there is more than reasonable logic behind it amplified by how much we’re going to be seeing him (the rest of Wano and presumably through the fight against Teach). So we’ve got a lot of time.
I don't know if he will join the strawhats or the grand fleet but he will be definitively an ally to luffy.

Wb said in the war: "from now on, back up mugiwara luffy with everything you have got".

For me this was always a general order, meaning that the order is still valid.
That's why, the wb remnants will ally with/under luffy.
I can see Marco joining after they beat Teach, and Whitebeard’s former crew joining the fleet following that in acknowledgement of that order, as well as their desire to keep Ace’s last wish holding true. It’s a long shot for Marco, but I’m really starting to see the logic for him joining.

It is dumb given they could have saved Wano before all the 20 years of suffering? They had WB and could even call some of the Roger Pirates that were leftover.
Unless, again, Big Mom. If Whitebeard has to contend with Kaido and Big Mom, he might have felt it wise to not commit to it.
There are countless scenarios and denying it doesn't change it, you are the one putting your headcanon as the more likely to happen, the one that makes most sense to fit YOUR ideas. And since you have nothing but your beliefs in this specific discussion I won't be replying any further, discussing what you think may happen won't get us anywhere.
I never said that there’s not many scenarios that could play out, only the most likely, reasonable, and certainly not dumb one is that Whitebeard was going to kill Kaido (as he’s started a war over one of his crew before) and Big Mom stepped in and saved Kaido. There’s no reason to get so salty about it.
You sound like a hallmark feminist... js.
You sound like a child. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.