Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1093 Spoilers Discussion

Will Sanji vs Saturn happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post a picture of kizaru doing real damage to Luffy?
All his clones could do is a bruise...
You guys are feslly hyping kizaru for a bruise on Luffy's cheek

This is just like Rayleigh fans hyping Ray for a small cut on Kizaru's cheek
Now you want blood damage lol if kizaru had been bruise with not much blood you won't care about any of that plus it clones for a reason it don't compare to the real thing and the real reason is hype cus people like you was thinking kizaru running and shock while he just out chilling and outplayed Luffy

That specific post is not concerned with powerlevel
Kaido is just a terribly written lizard made as a stepping stone for Luffy to awaken all his powerups
Kizaru is an actual character with motivations behind his actions and thoughts, plus logias are way cooler than dogshit zoans with one trick movesets. It is clear that Kizaru is a character Oda respects, unlike Crydo of the jump rope
You don't expect same type of mindset from pirates and marines. Kaidou and Kizaru are different. Kaidou just care about fight, he doesn't have any missions or motivations except trying to wage a war. On the other hand, Kizaru is a marine, more than individual motivations, he has obligations and missions to fulfill. So you can't expect characters in a same way.
Of course logias are cooler especially element-based logias.

Well, tbh, Kizaru is more versatile fighter and his moveset is non-linear. So definitely Luffy will have a harder time than Kaidou in a different way. This is not just about brute strength. Kizaru is powerful and his DF offers a variety of attacks, unlike Kaidou. Also, I think Oda has tonned down toon effect of G5 as compared to how it was when it got introduced. Forget Kizaru, even Lucci was not affected by it. So I think it is safe to say Luffy vs Akainu will also be clear of toon effect.
I agree, but some people (you know which group) were hoping Kizaru would get humiliated worse, so comparison is funny.
It does seem Oda toned down the toon effects overall, which makes me hyped for a potential Luffy vs Akainu again (i don't mind Oda using Luffy abilities to make creative attacks but i'd think anyone agree a fight between Luffy vs Akainu should be a serious one)

I understand that Lucci was the strongest CP9 agent and has one of the best potentials in the WG. But come on, he shouldn’t be able to compete with Zoro, who went through all those life threatening fights. The same goes for Kizaru.

it seems like we really underestimated the Marines. Their portrayal at Marineford couldn’t get worse.

I do understand your point, I just don't think it's that bad per se. If Luffy stays at gear 5 for the rest of the series but Zoro gets another 1 or 2 powerups that could potentially bridge the gap. Though honestly I would put Roger and Ray around how Luffy is to Zoro.

Luffy>>>>Zoro>>>>>Sanji>>Rest of the crew in various spaces
Roger>>>>Ray>>>>>etc

I think it's fine for a captain to be much stronger, though you make a good point about it not really being that fair to Zoro since it's his only role
It's fine for the captain to be much stronger in normal cases, but like I said the partner type RHM, at least based on precedence, tend to be much closer to their captain. And here within SHs especially, given the "role based" function of the crew members.

I don't think Roger >>>> Rayleigh is true. Look at Rayleigh's portrayal in the series. His prime is implied to be above an admiral and Yonko, mentioned by Garp as a legend in the same line as WB, consistently gets a stronger reaction from characters compared to standard top tiers. Roger will at bare minimum need a high diff against Rayleigh, it likely may go to even extreme diff.
This isn't anywhere like how Luffy/Zoro appears. Rayleigh looks like a character that can stand side by side with Roger, in authority and power. While Zoro at the moment looks like trash compared to Luffy.

Look at prime Whitebeard and prime Oden. Kaido puts Oden in his "top 5", with 3 legendary figures and a Yonko (Oda's self insert). If we are to assume these are the top 5 amongst characters Kaido faced (which is the reasonable interpretation IMO), that puts him above BM (a Yonko) that Kaido faced just a few weeks ago.
Again, a partner type RHM who can at least give a high diff to his captain.

The thing is, Oda used to respect this Luffy/Zoro dynamics in the past. Luffy wasn't always "much stronger" than Zoro throughout the series. This is why Whiskey peak was a thing, why characters confusing Zoro as the captain used to be a recurring thing, why nothing happened was a thing. Because that is simply how the character of Zoro was introduced at the very beginning, in presence and demeanor.
Even in rooftop, this dynamics was played to an extend, but largely this is barely a thing post Dressrosa.
He had a role to fill in the past. But currently, I don't know if he has a role anymore, clearly he isn't powerful enough to fulfill the role he used to fill in the past.

You are correct but that is on Oda. He stopped caring about members of the crew not named Luffy a long time ago. Zoro and Sanji's opponents are low diff and lol diff material for Luffy and don't pose a threat to him at all. The rest of the crew don't get to do anything 95% of the time. The Shs exist currently so we can get a panel of each talking about how great Luffy is and how he's going to become PK.
Probably just this yeah. Post TS, especially post Dressrosa is just non stop Luffy wank.

Because I have eyes turd for brains. It clearly shows he not hardened on the panels
You really think Zoro wouldn't cover his sword with haki while fighting? lol
Swords are always covered in haki which strengthens them so they won't break just see the panel where Mihawk was teaching him haki.
And seriously Zoro is not like Luffy who plays around and toys with his opponents, he just cuts them up for good so you really think Zoro was playing around like a fool not coating himself in basic haki??? You are delusional then

Status
Not open for further replies.