One Piece Chapter 1093: Luffy Vs Kizaru

Rate The Chapter

• Total voters
Anyone thinks Bonney is based on Imu. So Bonney is forever a young girl with aging df . This really interests how old is she really ??

The first we see her was in child form that makes things interesting.

An okay set of chapters before break 522 of the year 2023.

I like that Sentomaru‘s fighting style comes from Kizaru. It’s something I didn’t expect, I thought it would be more of a dodger so it’s cool to see he can just palm away attacks. Like when it turned out Kuzan can really throw a punch and he learned it from Garp, it‘s not how I expected them to fight, but it fits what we know and I’m liking it.

Speaking of Garp and Kuzan, good thing we can see Marines is what happens to them when they get pushed into a fight they really don’t want or are conflicted about. Kizaru’s turn now, and it’s making me appreciate him more. And with Akainu and Kuma’s scene, wonder if he’ll get his turn.

I think Egghead really needs that Vegapunk/Kuma/Kizaru et al flashback to contextualise all the relationships going on here. I’ve really enjoyed the arc, great after the sickener that was the end of Wano. One of my favourite panels of the arc is the small one of Kizaru lighting up a laser while VP and Sentomaru dance in the background. But I hope we get the flashback soon. I always think flashback before crowning dramatic moment is best- always felt Marineford would have been stronger if we saw Luffy, Ace and Sabo as kids before Ace died.

As for the Luffy and Zoro fights.

Getting serious vibes that Zoro vs Lucci is just Oda throwing him a fight to keep him busy. Zero choerography, just the generic two guys standing with clash marks between them. If it’s offpanelled other than Zoro’s winning attack I won’t be surprised. A shame, because we know Lucci has a cool fighting style.

Luffy vs Kizaru is better, but still missing something. Again, massive shame to mostly offpanel Snakeman vs Kizaru, with what little we get being the crap generic no choreographed clashing. G5 is bringing it’s usual zany stuff (I do like Kizaru being so absolutely chill/stoned that he‘s immune to toon force) but fighting wise, I’m still not feeling it’s great. It’s lacking in oomph. Think I need them to really hit each other.

Overall I’m not getting the feeling that these are fights that are going to be a big main focus from Oda. I feel they are (Luffy to a lesser extent) just sort of occupying time before the real finale. That Luffy vs Kizaru title chapter has came a bit early.

Very nice chapter.
Oda has done a fantastic job with kizaru, i mean he is the real light man. It's like everything is too slow for him and he has that bored face in every situation lol.
While sanji has some of sanji's reactions, he definitely misses some details. Either sanji is Devon or oda is trying to mislead us on purpose lol.
Luffy's power's are insane to say at least.
He is a reality bender and i don't think debating against such a character will end well lol.
Zoro vs lucci is amazing and i hope we get a conclusion, lucci was the best villain imo. I think both of them use their fullest and it was to be expected.
Some fans trying to show the elephant in the room to zoro fans but they are avoiding to look at their elephant right next to. There is a clear message yet again so either everyone accept what it really is or stfu. :milaugh: