Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
List pros for each option?
Straw Hats:
-Bonney can eventually de-age Momo, giving him an actual childhood.
-Bonney needs a strong supportive environment, and the Straw Hats would be good for her mental health after everything she's been through
-Sanji is literally the perfect person for Bonney to have around, since he's the best cook in the world
-Interesting power that can be used for a lot of fun gags and in important moments
-Good chemistry with the crew so far

Revs:
-Gives Bonney closure by getting to learn more about her father and his life from Dragon and others
-Sabo knows how horrible grief can be, and could be a good mentor for Bonney
-Allows Bonney to fulfill Kuma's legacy, whatever that is
-Her scene with Sabo at the Reverie could be seen as foreshadowing
Post automatically merged:

Imo better with the revs. She doesn’t have a dream so i don’t see her sailing with the straw hats.
Yeah, she definitely needs a dream, first.

Straw Hats:
-Bonney can eventually de-age Momo, giving him an actual childhood.
-Bonney needs a strong supportive environment, and the Straw Hats would be good for her mental health after everything she's been through
-Sanji is literally the perfect person for Bonney to have around, since he's the best cook in the world
-Interesting power that can be used for a lot of fun gags and in important moments
-Good chemistry with the crew so far

Revs:
-Gives Bonney closure by getting to learn more about her father and his life from Dragon and others
-Sabo knows how horrible grief can be, and could be a good mentor for Bonney
-Allows Bonney to fulfill Kuma's legacy, whatever that is
-Her scene with Sabo at the Reverie could be seen as foreshadowing
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, she definitely needs a dream, first.
I don't think Momo will get de-aged tbh. I mean, it's sad that he doesn't get his childhood, but technically he should've been 28 anyways. Plus someone's gotta defend Wano.

Overall Bonney's power isn't something I see on the crew, unless there's anything extra to it, she's basically a one trick pony, all her fighting scenes will be same as we've just seen in the latest chapter.

I agree on the rest points though, both for SH and Revos. Personally I think she'd fit with the Revos better, since to me she's kinda female Luffy, but if she does join the crew for some reason, I will be fine with it (although my personal choice out of all supernovas would be Trafalgar Law, of a supernova had to join).

So Rambles are you still on the Lucci will join train?
Yeah, @Rambles, when can we start collecting on those bets? :D

Btw as a 13 SH kinda dude but mainly a Carrostan in that issue,

It is 100% wrong to say Yamato has no chance of joining or her story is over. I don't know how low her chances are (i still think Carrot/Yamato/Vivi have the highest chance), but to say 0 is kinda weird.

Like 1/3 of her whole personality is obssesively wanting to joing the SH and it's not really played off as a gag, so she could be a Jimbei type deal although we would probably need a time skip

Bonney has become a complete backdrop character, it was possible if the rest of the arc was about her, but she doesn't seem to be central to the arc, she's almost like a Law in Punk Hazard.

I don't think Momo will get de-aged tbh. I mean, it's sad that he doesn't get his childhood, but technically he should've been 28 anyways. Plus someone's gotta defend Wano.

Overall Bonney's power isn't something I see on the crew, unless there's anything extra to it, she's basically a one trick pony, all her fighting scenes will be same as we've just seen in the latest chapter.

I agree on the rest points though, both for SH and Revos. Personally I think she'd fit with the Revos better, since to me she's kinda female Luffy, but if she does join the crew for some reason, I will be fine with it (although my personal choice out of all supernovas would be Trafalgar Law, of a supernova had to join).

Yeah, @Rambles, when can we start collecting on those bets? :D
I want Hiyori to take over Wano at the end of the series, and have Momo come back to being a childhood so he can have a normal childhood, what was truly stolen from him by Kaido. I don't like Momo at times, but the kid deserves to grow up in the country he gave so much for.

I still think Wano is going to become a flying Sky Fortress... so... yeah.

I'd love Law to join the Grand Fleet, but, I just can't see him abandoning his crew. I wish Law did join, though, he's one of my favorite characters, I should post about him more.

The one thing I'll disagree with is Bonney's Devil Fruit power.

Momo as an 8 year old was beyond useless in fights, Momo as a 28 year old is much, MUCH stronger.

Bonney is one of the most overpowered support characters in the series, because she can not only alter ages, but futures (I think she has Toki's Fruit BTW, since all of Bonney's powers involve altering time, and Bonney's Fruit is still unnamed, which makes me think Oda is saving it as a big reveal).

Bonney can take Luffy and put him into his physical prime and best timeline, which is a ridiculous power boost. Imagine Bonney turning all of the Monster Trio into their peak physical forms?

Bonney's Fruit doesn't seem that strong, but, as a support Fruit, it can give her allies super-boosts in power, and it can turn fodder into literal non-factors. For instance, say Bonney was in Onigashima. Any Beast Pirates without strong enough Haki near her would have become either seniors or children, easy to defeat.

Bonney is a shitty 1v1 fighter, but she's REALLY smart when it comes to using her Fruit, and would add to a lot to the crew with her Fruit's abilities, and her ability to escape and gather information.

Last edited:
Btw as a 13 SH kinda dude but mainly a Carrostan in that issue,

It is 100% wrong to say Yamato has no chance of joining or her story is over. I don't know how low her chances are (i still think Carrot/Yamato/Vivi have the highest chance), but to say 0 is kinda weird.

Like 1/3 of her whole personality is obssesively wanting to joing the SH and it's not really played off as a gag, so she could be a Jimbei type deal although we would probably need a time skip

Bonney has become a complete backdrop character, it was possible if the rest of the arc was about her, but she doesn't seem to be central to the arc, she's almost like a Law in Punk Hazard.
im more on that side of those three will be back in the end

Her storyline is over, the threads setuped in Wano were all closed. There could be more but that would mean recreating a new storyline. So its highly unlikely.

Yamato - Was never going to join. She had no dream, no role, no personality, and no plot for the story to write for her.

Carrot - Same as above. She could’ve been the lookout but Usopp makes that role completely useless.

They’re both gone, no point discussing them as they’re not coming back.

well yeah i'm not trying to relitigate the Yamato/Carrot thing, it's just like i feel it's been enough time that anyone can objectively see that Yamato in this case was left with a plot point to be resolved of joining.

Whether she join or not, i don't really have much care for it.

It's more pertinent to talk about Bonney and current arc stuff
Yamato never wanted to join luffy for himself. Yamato was going to do it in order to emulate someone else’s life which is the opposite of the theme of One Piece

She had no plot regarding the straw hats to be resolved.

I want Hiyori to take over Wano at the end of the series, and have Momo come back to being a childhood so he can have a normal childhood, what was truly stolen from him by Kaido. I don't like Momo at times, but the kid deserves to grow up in the country he gave so much for.

I still think Wano is going to become a flying Sky Fortress... so... yeah.

I'd love Law to join the Grand Fleet, but, I just can't see him abandoning his crew. I wish Law did join, though, he's one of my favorite characters, I should post about him more.
I understand where you are coming from, but I don't really see Hiyori as a defender of Wano, Japan is strong on patriarchy and I imagine Oda would want a strong dude rule over Wano, and Momo seems to be a perfect fit for that. So while I also feel sorry for him, I still cannot imagine Oda undoing the aging.

As for Law, well, his crew got defeated save for Bepo, so we don't know where he'll go. I imagine Bepo going to Zunesha maybe ? Or SHP finding Law and Bepo in the ocean (unlikely?). Tbh Law has a lot of SH qualities and thus potential. But if his crew somehow survived, he'll stay with them ofc.

The one thing I'll disagree with is Bonney's Devil Fruit power.

Momo as an 8 year old was beyond useless in fights, Momo as a 28 year old is much, MUCH stronger.

Bonney is one of the most overpowered support characters in the series, because she can not only alter ages, but futures (I think she has Toki's Fruit BTW, since all of Bonney's powers involve altering time, and Bonney's Fruit is still unnamed, which makes me think Oda is saving it as a big reveal).

Bonney can take Luffy and put him into his physical prime and best timeline, which is a ridiculous power boost. Imagine Bonney turning all of the Monster Trio into their peak physical forms?

Bonney's Fruit doesn't seem that strong, but, as a support Fruit, it can give her allies super-boosts in power, and it can turn fodder into literal non-factors. For instance, say Bonney was in Onigashima. Any Beast Pirates without strong enough Haki near her would have become either seniors or children, easy to defeat.

Bonney is a shitty 1v1 fighter, but she's REALLY smart when it comes to using her Fruit, and would add to a lot to the crew with her Fruit's abilities, and her ability to escape and gather information.
Well, you do have a point, Bonney could do well as a support. And I agree that no DF name reveal seems sus!

Yamato never wanted to join luffy for himself. Yamato was going to do it in order to emulate someone else’s life which is the opposite of the theme of One Piece

She had no plot regarding the straw hats to be resolved.
I mean sure in the flashbacks she still shows she's really eager to join, but whatever i'm really not invested in this fight

Why was she given a massive character trait of wanting to join Luffy and even post Wano we get flashbacks of her re-iterating that idea?
Because Oda wanted us to make sure we understand why she was staying.
The purpose of Yamato's story is the discovering of "duty" responsibility, in that sence, Yamato is just like Momo. In short, with great power comes great responsibilities.

The thing is that Yamato was not aiming for Luffy because he was a strawhat or because he saved Wano or saved her, she was aiming to be on his crew to go out to sea, something she was looking as a way to get freedom. But there are a lot of ways to gain freedom, and Oda showed us that through her descision to stay on Wano to take care of the people, Yamato made a choice, which is what true freedom is.

Take note that Yamato became exactly the opposite of what her father wanted her to be. Kaido wanted Yamato to be a Negative deity for Wano. Instead she became a positive guardian deity.

That theme of going against parental figure is one of the main theme of the Yonko Saga.

All the threads created for Yamato were therefore put to an end once she made her final descision.

Of course she could return, just like Carrot, but contrary to her, Yamato would need a new storyline as there are no storyline threads left to explore.

This is why I discarded Yamato but not Carrot. There is a huge narrative character thread left for Carrot, but Yamato's actual story is over.

Because Oda wanted us to make sure we understand why she was staying.
The purpose of Yamato's story is the discovering of "duty" responsibility, in that sence, Yamato is just like Momo. In short, with great power comes great responsibilities.

The thing is that Yamato was not aiming for Luffy because he was a strawhat or because he saved Wano or saved her, she was aiming to be on his crew to go out to sea, something she was looking as a way to get freedom. But there are a lot of ways to gain freedom, and Oda showed us that through her descision to stay on Wano to take care of the people, Yamato made a choice, which is what true freedom is.

Take note that Yamato became exactly the opposite of what her father wanted her to be. Kaido wanted Yamato to be a Negative deity for Wano. Instead she became a positive guardian deity.

That theme of going against parental figure is one of the main theme of the Yonko Saga.

All the threads created for Yamato were therefore put to an end once she made her final descision.

Of course she could return, just like Carrot, but contrary to her, Yamato would need a new storyline as there are no storyline threads left to explore.

This is why I discarded Yamato but not Carrot. There is a huge narrative character thread left for Carrot, but Yamato's actual story is over.
The great logic of a crazy fan of Carrot, you would be a good friend of several fans of the rabbit on Twitter, mainly several that I have identified and who think they are the only ones who know how to read One Piece and according to them would be better editors for Oda. :suresure: