G

Gorosei Informer

Leon the god of rizz

i always loved how Leon was the "cool" dude, but Resident Evil 4 is full of goofyness
Lmao exactly! Tone wise I enjoyed RE4 the most by far (the original) and Leon's no fucks given, 80s action hero, cheesy, cheeky, arrogant personality was fun imo. The way he would roast Salazar for example and it made for nice chemistry with Hunnigan and especially Ashley and Luis the goat.

They really did turn the cool pretty boy with the emo cut into a badass in RE4, I loved his mad stunts and crazy fighting moves too lol.

Although they did such an amazing job with improving Ashley's design and voice acting in Remake! Like GAWDAMN!

Original/RE4 Classic Ada is WAY better than the Remake one though imo, not even comparable. Although hearing what they did for Assignment Ada in Remake sounds great to be fair.

The goofiness of RE4 is just so great, not too OOT or anything. I played through that game so many times! So much fun!

Lmao exactly! Tone wise I enjoyed RE4 the most by far (the original) and Leon's no fucks given, 80s action hero, cheesy, cheeky, arrogant personality was fun imo. The way he would roast Salazar for example and it made for nice chemistry with Hunnigan and especially Ashley and Luis the goat.

They really did turn the cool pretty boy with the emo cut into a badass RE4, I loved Hi mad stunts and crazy fighting moves too lol.

Although they did such an amazing job with improving Ashley's design and voice acting in Remake! Like GAWDAMN!

Original/RE4 Classic Ada is WAY better than the Remake one though imo, not even comparable. Although hearing what they did for Assignment Ada in Remake sounds great to be fair.

The goofiness of RE4 is just so great, not too OOT or anything. I played through that game so many times! So much fun!
I love both the OG and the Remake

they both have strong and weak points

it's just great having both options to play this masterpiece

I used to be so scared playing RE4 when i was a kid lol

G

Gorosei Informer

I love both the OG and the Remake

they both have strong and weak points

it's just great having both options to play this masterpiece

I used to be so scared playing RE4 when i was a kid lol
Aye definitely! Some aspects of the Remake look truly wonderful, seeing RE4 in these modern, more realistic/HD/complex graphics and being modernised in general is so surreal!
I'm not used to seeing such HD Remakes as I was a Nintendo fan for so long and never saw the remakes I've been dying to see most of 2 decades now lol.
I guess I can understand how FF7 fans feel to some degree now ofc!

That's such a great point too, having 2 very different interpretations of the same game opens up such creativity and opportunities too! Get to please way more people this way especially fans of more sincere, traditional and thus serious horror too!

OG Re4 was terrifying, Dr Salvador and the twins with their chainsaws, the Wolverine wannabe Garradors, El Gigantes, Ashley's TERRIFYING solo chapter (one time it seemed to bug out and one of the suits of armour followed me back into the main corridor and I was absolutely terrified lol), the dog maze, del lago, the massive sewer monster boss (begins with V I think), that one scorpion monster boss that hounds you in the hanging shipping containerspart (begins with U), the regenerators and iron maidens and so on lol.

I've been worried of how much more scary Remake can be now potentially, RE7 looked absolutely crazy and RE8 has its moments especially with that one puppet/doll area and that Rose DLC or whatever. (They even copied an idea with the mannequins straight from a vampire the masquerade bloodlines mod I believe and maybe Dr Who possibly.)

I can't even imagine how much worse these games are with VR too!