Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I think people are glopping onto Bonney because she's the only normal looking character with relevance in this arc that could possibly be next to the SHs, the VP and Stussy thing was always questionable, specially VP
Female character gets any amount of focus= female character must join. I see absolutely no reason for Bonney to join, her goals and plot line align more with the revs, and if Kuma arrives at Egghead like some theorize then there is even less reason for her to join :kayneshrug:

I think people are glopping onto Bonney because she's the only normal looking character with relevance in this arc that could possibly be next to the SHs, the VP and Stussy thing was always questionable, specially VP
Not necessarily. I’m not her biggest fan. But I have to admit it looks good for her. 1) it seems like she doesn’t have a crew anymore. Could have been defeated and kille by BB or captured by the marines
2) she fits well with the strawhats
3) she seems like she has inherited some type of dream or will from Kuma

York is, and pardon my French, a retarded character. I genuily don't understand the point of her existence.

Female character gets any amount of focus= female character must join. I see absolutely no reason for Bonney to join, her goals and plot line align more with the revs, and if Kuma arrives at Egghead like some theorize then there is even less reason for her to join :kayneshrug:
Yes i agree Bonney is extremlly unlikely to join, just saying that she's looks like a normal character design wise whilst everyone else is either a villain, irrelevant, or VP.:few:

Ok Ussop didn't refuse going with Luffy, Robbin sneaked aboard even. Did they also refuse the call somehow?
For Usopp the call really happen's in water seven. Usopp finally shows himself and his pride, and that's where he refuses to follow Luffy anymore.

Now this is interesting because for both Nami and Robin, the acceptance of the call is exactly the high point of the story. THis is one of the reason why both moment "I want to live" and "help me" are iconic as this is at those moment that Nami and Robin make their final choice concluding their character arc and also their acceptance of the call for adventure. Its possible because of the specific way One Piece is build, it can't be done in others story.

The refusal of Robin is her leaving the crew in water seven, and for Nami its her leaving the crew in baratie.

You need to understand how One Piece is build. The call for adventure for the strawhat can happen EVEN if they are already on the adventure. Because the real adventure is not to sail the sea, its to sail the sea with Luffy.

The minks and the Kozuki has known about the dawn for centuries, it's not just because of Oden, i'm suprised a carrot supporter doesn't even know that.
Actually, the Kozuki and the minks were not aware of the dawn. At least there is no reason to think they were. Its Oden who became aware of the dawn because of his journey.

Yes I did. The refusal of the call of adventure, is the concept that has been used in countless stories. A few examples for you:
Harry Potter: everyone told him he is special but he didn’t believe it. He alway asked “why me?”
Percy Jackson: couldn’t believe he was a demi god and something special
Frodo: trying to give the ring to Gandfall in the beginning and only really accepting the responsibility in rivendell
It’s part of something that every hero has to go through. Part of its journey to become the hero that they are meant to be.
So you do understand. Why can't you see that Zoro refused the call at first then ?

Not necessarily. I’m not her biggest fan. But I have to admit it looks good for her. 1) it seems like she doesn’t have a crew anymore. Could have been defeated and kille by BB or captured by the marines
Dunno, she looks like a Rebecca to me, my biggest issue is always the lack of role, dreams at this point are kinda redudant in OP, since everyone has an objective.

But i'll guess we'll see, don't forget this arc might be a Sabaody type deal so the SH might get royally fcked, so honestly anything can happen.

Dunno, she looks like a Rebecca to me, my biggest issue is always the lack of role, dreams at this point are kinda redudant in OP, since everyone has an objective.

But i'll guess we'll see, don't forget this arc might be a Sabaody type deal so the SH might get royally fcked, so honestly anything can happen.
Yeah I feel similarly towards Bonney, she gives me more of an island princess vibes but ultimately she receives a lot of focus in the arc and there's a high chance she'll sail with SHP. I'd still give her joining about 7% (which is higher than anyone else, but still low).

At this point I'm almost convinced Sunny is the 10th and Oda won't give us other people. Plus, Nika's powers might somehow awaken Sunny's spirit or something, and it will be an animated ship :suresure:

For Usopp the call really happen's in water seven. Usopp finally shows himself and his pride, and that's where he refuses to follow Luffy anymore.

Actually, the Kozuki and the minks were not aware of the dawn. At least there is no reason to think they were. Its Oden who became aware of the dawn because of his journey.

So you do understand. Why can't you see that Zoro refused the call at first then ?
Ussop didn't refuse the call of adventure, he had a conflict with his captain and left, he was midway through his adventure

Also again, Pedro's dream, the kozuki symbol in the world tree, Neku Inu flashback? The Dawn is not a new concept from Oden.

It doesn't make sense to say they were waiting on the Dawn for centuries if in reality they forgot about it untill Oden found out

Of course I understand. I’ve known the concept for years although I admit learning its name only now. The reason why is because it is different in one piece and I wouldn’t really call it “the refusal to the call of adventure”. Usually in the scenario that you are talking about the Hero does not think himself something special, he or she does not believe they are up to the task. But when the situation arises and someone has to step up they are the first ones to take action.
In one piece and Luffy’s case inviting people it is different. How is it different? Firstly we are not talking here about the main character we are talking about supporting characters. Secondly it is Luffy inviting people to join them in his journey and not destiny at hand. Thirdly they don’t doubt their abilities(except usopp), they have other things to attend to.
I understand the concept but honestly I don’t see it in One Piece. If you think I’m wrong. Please explain to me in more detail why you think you see the refusal to the call of adventure in one piece.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think they will get royally fucked at this point of the story. As for the role, I never understood the obsession with it. I don’t think Luffy will go “sorry mate I’ve no use for you” or “how can you help me? What are your skills?”. If he likes someone he will invite them.

It's a meta argument, Luffy obviously doesn't care about roles but so far in the story everyone except Zoro does soemthing besides straight up fighting.

Ussop is kinda there a bit aswell but whatever, i dunno i honestly prefer if this was a sabaody with some big loss to the SH and some small reset.
I'd like some loss too... I don't know how strong Saturn is just yet, but realistically speaking, how the hell will SHP win here?

It's a meta argument, Luffy obviously doesn't care about roles but so far in the story everyone except Zoro does soemthing besides straight up fighting.

Ussop is kinda there a bit aswell but whatever, i dunno i honestly prefer if this was a sabaody with some big loss to the SH and some small reset.
True but Luffy never invited them for their roles.
He didn’t know nami was a navigator. He didn’t know chopper was a doctor or that jinbe was a helmsman. He knew Sanji was a cook but invited him because he liked his kindness. And I’m quite sure Oda can give anyone a role and make something up.

Ussop didn't refuse the call of adventure, he had a conflict with his captain and left, he was midway through his adventure
The call in One Piece can happen mid adventure.

Also again, Pedro's dream, the kozuki symbol in the world tree, Neku Inu flashback? The Dawn is not a new concept from Oden.
Okay, two things,
Can you show me in the manga how the mink were made aware of the dawn ?
And
Can you show me in the manga were the Kozuki are made aware of the dawn ?

It doesn't make sense to say they were waiting on the Dawn for centuries if in reality they forgot about it untill Oden found out
That's why I'm questionning it.

Of course I understand. I’ve known the concept for years although I admit learning its name only now. The reason why is because it is different in one piece and I wouldn’t really call it “the refusal to the call of adventure”. Usually in the scenario that you are talking about the Hero does not think himself something special, he or she does not believe they are up to the task. But when the situation arises and someone has to step up they are the first ones to take action.
Pretty much yes.

I understand the concept but honestly I don’t see it in One Piece. If you think I’m wrong. Please explain to me in more detail why you think you see the refusal to the call of adventure in one piece.
Because as I said, the refusal of the call for adventure can take a lot of faces.

Sometime as you said its the character questionning their abilities. But most of the time, its a simple "no, I have other things to do". And One Piece is heavely inspired by the heroes journey in a lot of ways so Oda didn't make an exception and did add the refusal in One Piece.

Schematically:

For Zoro: "I don't want to become a pirate"
For Nami: "I hate Pirate/I don't want to follow you"
For Usopp: "I'm not a part of this crew anymore" (the only one that is really debatable in fact)
For Sanji: "I can't leave, I owe Zeff my Life"
For Chopper: "I can't leave, I'm a monster"
For Robin: "I can't leave, it will only hurt you"
For Franky: "I can't leave my family"
For Brook: "I can't leave I need to recuperate my shadow"
For Jinbe: "I can't leave, I need to attend to my responsibilities with my other crew"

Each Mugiwara refused the call in one way or another, and its logical, it adds conflict and make us rethink "will they join or not ?"

it's not Luffy who creates his crew, but Oda. And he puts forward the roles in the story so I don't see why there should be an exception for Bonney lol.
if someone has to join, he or she has to fill a missing role in the crew

and they got literally sunk just because there was no one to watch out for the danger. It show a need for the SH

I tried to be humble but to see someone say they like everything about yamato except oden is like hearing someone say they like everything about a stale piece of bread except the taste.

I'm glad I didn't poke into this when it was a hot topic because it would likely be "This character said they wanted to join and I like being right so I stan them". I gotta respect the people who are willing to take an L. Logika, Pot goblin, rumbles.

True but Luffy never invited them for their roles.
He didn’t know nami was a navigator. He didn’t know chopper was a doctor or that jinbe was a helmsman. He knew Sanji was a cook but invited him because he liked his kindness. And I’m quite sure Oda can give anyone a role and make something up.
He definetly could make soemthing up, Jimbei being a hellsman feels like an asspull becuase tehre was no setup, but i guess he did think about it since the start of the story.
Post automatically merged:

The call in One Piece can happen mid adventure.

:eeke: bro cmon lol

Okay, two things,
Can you show me in the manga how the mink were made aware of the dawn ?
And
Can you show me in the manga were the Kozuki are made aware of the dawn ?
Yes i already have, Pedro says " we have been waiting for centuries", he didn't say "aparently we have been waiting for centuries but we forgot untill 20 years ago untill Oden went to Raftel".

Either they knew already, or you're sugesting it's a plothole.