Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
To predict a strawhat, we need to be aware that there are a set of rule that all the strawhats must fit. After some discussion I've decided to change the lists a little bit and the labels.

I have updated my blog in consequence. Its easier and clearer.

First we must understand that we can't have 200 candidates, so we need to be clear on what were the strawhats before joining and the absolute rules that are necessary to create a strawhat. I call that the 5 golden rules:

5 Golden rules:

A character must:

1. Be alive
  2. Be relevant to the story
  3. Be unique and have a unique ability
  4. Be a friend or a false adversary
  5. Have a "guide of the will"

Then, we can observe some similarities between the strawhats. They are on a number of 10 major ones:

10 Pillars of construction of a strawhat :

1. The Fighting skills. 1 Points. It's very common.
  2. The Antagonistic introduction. 2 Points. It impact the narration interestingly.
  3. The Multi layered characterization. 3 Points. Interesting but quite common.
  4. The Symbolic reach. 4 Points. It impacts the storytelling in an interesting way.
  5. The Strong character arc. 5 Points. Strong character arc are in fact quite rare.
  6. Hint of the 2 driving forces. 6 Points. You will understand why.
  7. The Rescue. 7 Points, because it links the character to the strawhats.
  8. The Nakama need. 8 Points, Because it links the character to Luffy.
  9. The Post. 9 Points, this is one of the most important parameter
  10. The Shining Nakama Action. 10 Points. This is the icing on top of the wedding cake

CONCLUSION

From 1 to 10, why this order ?

Each pillar will get the number of point corresponding to its number. The 10th Pillar will get 10 points etc. But why this order and not another one ? Well, like I said, there are pillar that are more important than others. The fighting skill is far less important than a strong character arc for example.

1. Fighting skill (one fighting still + Combo) - The fighting skill is the most common parameter in One Piece, almost all the relevant character have one. Even the children. So I think its place is in first place with 1 point.
  2. Antagonistic Introduction - The antagonistic introduction is interesting but it is once again very common, but this is this time a little bit more narrative so I think its place is above the fighting skills with 2 points.
  3. Multi layered characterization - We are starting to enter narrative territory. This is the basic of narration so it will be before all the big narrative pillars with 3 points.
  4. Symbolic reach (4 layers) - We are starting to see something that is quite uncommon in term of narration and symbolism. I therefore put this pillar above the multi layered characterization with 4 points.
  5. Strong character arc - Now we are entering deep narrative principle. The strong character arc is something just a few character have. So its place is above the symbolic reach with 5 points.
  6. Hints of two driving forces (Needs / Dream or Desire) - At last we are entering nakama territory with something only very few characters and the strawhats have. It gets 6 fair points.
  7. The Rescue - This is the pillar that link Luffy and the character forever. Its above all the narrative parameters in term of importance with 7 points.
  8. The Nakama Need - We are in the hidden part of the nakama iceberg. The part related to Luffy. It will be above the rescue as the Nakama need has as far as now only been expressed by the strawhats. It gets 8 points
  9. The Post - We are leaving the narrative territory to focus on the Sunny. Only 11 characters has depicted an ability for a post as of now. So this pillar is above almost everything with 9 points
  10. Shining nakama action - This is the icing. Its related to the post, so it absolutely needs to be on top of it. This is the parameter that transforms the character into a real shonen protagonist. It gets all 10 points.
----

Voilà!

If you guy can make a prediction system that is more precise.... be my guest and good luck!

To predict a strawhat, we need to be aware that there are a set of rule that all the strawhats must fit. After some discussion I've decided to change the lists a little bit and the labels.

I have updated my blog in consequence. Its easier and clearer.

First we must understand that we can't have 200 candidates, so we need to be clear on what were the strawhats before joining and the absolute rules that are necessary to create a strawhat. I call that the 5 golden rules:

5 Golden rules:

A character must:

1. Be alive
  2. Be relevant to the story
  3. Be unique and have a unique ability
  4. Be a friend or a false adversary
  5. Have a "guide of the will"

Then, we can observe some similarities between the strawhats. They are on a number of 10 major ones:

10 Pillars of construction of a strawhat :

1. The Fighting skills. 1 Points. It's very common.
  2. The Antagonistic introduction. 2 Points. It impact the narration interestingly.
  3. The Multi layered characterization. 3 Points. Interesting but quite common.
  4. The Symbolic reach. 4 Points. It impacts the storytelling in an interesting way.
  5. The Strong character arc. 5 Points. Strong character arc are in fact quite rare.
  6. Hint of the 2 driving forces. 6 Points. You will understand why.
  7. The Rescue. 7 Points, because it links the character to the strawhats.
  8. The Nakama need. 8 Points, Because it links the character to Luffy.
  9. The Post. 9 Points, this is one of the most important parameter
  10. The Shining Nakama Action. 10 Points. This is the icing on top of the wedding cake

CONCLUSION

From 1 to 10, why this order ?

Each pillar will get the number of point corresponding to its number. The 10th Pillar will get 10 points etc. But why this order and not another one ? Well, like I said, there are pillar that are more important than others. The fighting skill is far less important than a strong character arc for example.

1. Fighting skill (one fighting still + Combo) - The fighting skill is the most common parameter in One Piece, almost all the relevant character have one. Even the children. So I think its place is in first place with 1 point.
  2. Antagonistic Introduction - The antagonistic introduction is interesting but it is once again very common, but this is this time a little bit more narrative so I think its place is above the fighting skills with 2 points.
  3. Multi layered characterization - We are starting to enter narrative territory. This is the basic of narration so it will be before all the big narrative pillars with 3 points.
  4. Symbolic reach (4 layers) - We are starting to see something that is quite uncommon in term of narration and symbolism. I therefore put this pillar above the multi layered characterization with 4 points.
  5. Strong character arc - Now we are entering deep narrative principle. The strong character arc is something just a few character have. So its place is above the symbolic reach with 5 points.
  6. Hints of two driving forces (Needs / Dream or Desire) - At last we are entering nakama territory with something only very few characters and the strawhats have. It gets 6 fair points.
  7. The Rescue - This is the pillar that link Luffy and the character forever. Its above all the narrative parameters in term of importance with 7 points.
  8. The Nakama Need - We are in the hidden part of the nakama iceberg. The part related to Luffy. It will be above the rescue as the Nakama need has as far as now only been expressed by the strawhats. It gets 8 points
  9. The Post - We are leaving the narrative territory to focus on the Sunny. Only 11 characters has depicted an ability for a post as of now. So this pillar is above almost everything with 9 points
  10. Shining nakama action - This is the icing. Its related to the post, so it absolutely needs to be on top of it. This is the parameter that transforms the character into a real shonen protagonist. It gets all 10 points.
----

Voilà!

If you guy can make a prediction system that is more precise.... be my guest and good luck!
This is C4N way of saying @Sigran101 destroyed my previous system so I have to change it. But I’m just gonna make it shorter and not any clearer. It’s still vague and still open to interpretation.

I’m going to stick to the 7 rainbow color rules and Pilar’s of shading.
:suresure::suresure::suresure:
Post automatically merged:

Im busy at work I will dissect this later and destroy it.

This is C4N way of saying @Sigran101 destroyed my previous system so I have to change it. But I’m just gonna make it shorter and not any clearer. It’s still vague and still open to interpretation.

I’m going to stick to the 7 rainbow color rules and Pilar’s of shading.
The way you view the world "he DESTROYED your system" is really representative of the way this forum work and its biggest weakness.

I'm working in a popperian way here. I HOPE to be destroyed. My goal is not to prove that I'm right, the goal is to prove that I'm WRONG and that we can find a better way to come close to the truth and the best system to predict a new strawhat.

If you want clarification, I took the time to link everything to each pages of my blog so you get a bunch of text explaining in detail each point.

If you can find a better way to predict a strawhat, go for it, I'm all ears.

The way you view the world "he DESTROYED your system" is really representative of the way this forum work and its biggest weakness.

I'm working in a popperian way here. I HOPE to be destroyed. My goal is not to prove that I'm right, the goal is to prove that I'm WRONG and that we can find a better way to come close to the truth and the best system to predict a new strawhat.

If you want clarification, I took the time to link everything to each pages of my blog so you get a bunch of text explaining in detail each point.

If you can find a better way to predict a strawhat, go for it, I'm all ears.
As I said I will do it tonight when I have a little free time. I can’t say I will find the best way or perfect way. But definitely better than your vague and biased system. Smell you later alligator