I've suspected they're both Marshalls. Yasopp's and Banchina's surnames are unknown. Oda said Blackbeard would be from Somalia and Usopp from an unspecified part of Africa too. Definitely not a coincidence, especially as Somalia is part of Africa too.

Marshall can relate to cowboys/wild west/gunslingers or w/e too ofc, Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshalls etc and I had the headcanon either BB or Shanks would have a Sheriff with either Shanks or Blackbeard and their deputies with their top commanders or first mates only at least and so on. Maybe enforces or something for the rest? Lafitte was a sheriff too IIRC?

@Moewu @Rottkins @CoC: Color of Clowns thoughts?

I never considered Blackbeard being an evil Usopp from the future, that would be INSANE LMAO, I kinda love the idea at least! Usopp suddenly becomes one of the most intense, terrifying, cunning, deceptive, manipulative characetrs ever, especially in a dark/evil way ofc!

Far better twist than even Aizen by far! Or maybe thats just my Usopp and Blackbeard bias talking too lmao.

:hihihi::usosmug::zehaha:

Seriously though it cant be possible given what we know but I do genuinely think they are actually related, one of Usopps parents could be a Marshall?

I believe Usopp is a Noland too, through one of his parents. Oda is setting up the clues, signs bigtime imo.
BB looks nothing like real life people from Somalia though.

G

Gorosei Informer

BB lied about his will of the D and look where it got him forcing fate.
This also would be a hell of an interesting twist. A false D, a wannabe D. Especially interesting coming from the guy who said mans dreams never die too.

Kinda makes me think of what Hiriluk did and I still want to connect Hiriluk and Doc Q somehow too lol. Doc Q is Hiriluks son? Since hes only 27 or something too? /s.

A fatalist like Blackbeard (who SHOULD have had Hawkins be part of his crew regardless), forcing fate and being a hypocrite? How ironic for him and thus his "fate" and also therefore poetic too then.
Post automatically merged:

BB looks nothing like real life people from Somalia though.
I don't think Oda is going for accuracy lol. Oda himself said he would be from Somalia so take it up with him.

I'm just spitballing here with my own wild headcanons/ideas as you are lol.

:luuh:

This also would be a hell of an interesting twist. A false D, a wannabe D. Especially interesting coming from the guy who said mans dreams never die too.

Kinda makes me think of what Hiriluk did and I still want to connect Hiriluk and Doc Q somehow too lol. Doc Q is Hiriluks son? Since hes only 27 or something too? /s.

A fatalist like Blackbeard (who SHOULD have had Hawkins be part of his crew regardless), forcing fate and being a hypocrite? How ironic for him and thus his "fate" and also therefore poetic too then.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think Oda is going for accuracy lol. Oda himself said he would be from Somalia so take it up with him.

I'm just spitballing here with my own wild headcanons/ideas as you are lol.

:luuh:
Oda fucked up there. BB as a gypsy traveler with fortune teller knowledge would have made much more sense. Especially since his hobby is supposedly archeology.

G

Gorosei Informer

Oda fucked up there. BB as a gypsy traveler with fortune teller knowledge would have made much more sense. Especially since his hobby is supposedly archeology.
Oh yes, thats an excellent point, I love that! Given how he was dressed when he appeared too, it would make sense! Aw man, wasted potential lol. Blackbeard does seem like a nomadic type too, not necessarily by choice either too maybe.

he's black because his LA actor his black? that's not how it works

BB is more of a gypsy by the looks
That was a joke. But, time travel theories are always iffy. Oda clearly didn't want to mess the story up with shit like that when he easily could have with Toki's fruit. The fact that it's explicitly mentioned that the time fruit can only go forward just eliminates that or any other "x is y from the future" theories altogether. And i doubt oda would shoot himself in the foot at this point in the story by adding it in.