Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I see where this is going... :kriwhat:
Yes you see. Hehe. You are starting to sence that there is somewhat of a pattern here. Something that you can't quite put a word on.

Well, once upon a day, I read a One Piece chapter and I had that same feeling around a line of dialogue. I started to wonder, wait.. I know this feeling, why does this feel "wrong"? Then I started searching, on this internet and book..

Nothing, not a scratch of that things I couldn't put a word on, it was like a dialogue that was "wrong".. then I started searching in stories and in One Piece.

Same feeling..

Same feeling...

So I started to wonder.. "What is the common denominator between those lines of dialogues ? I want to understand this feeling"

I searched, and I came to this conclusion:

EACH time, the premisse of EACH lines were corrupted. For example on the first pic, Vivi is a princess, she has responsibilties, on this second image, Sanji is actually not happy at all.

And I started seeing them more clearly..

Same feeling, here the Samourai NEVER told the crew that they would behade samourais

I didn't have a name for this concept. So I created one.

I first called this "Subversion Dialogue" Dialogue because its about lines of dialogues and subversion because its meant to subvert expectations. Then I changed it to something more appropriate, all the lines are actually affirmations so "subversive affirmation" it is.

Here is why I can tell you now that what is used in all those occurence is also what is used here.

Same feeling. What is the corruption here ? Simple: Yamato is affirming something without any consent of the protagonist.

This simple line of dialogue made me realize that no.. Yamato was not meant to join, Oda was just playing with our expectation here.

... just a two days after the release of the chapter.

Storytelling is not science. but with a little bit of logic and some research, we can actually predict some pretty interesting things.

Yes you see. Hehe. You are starting to sence that there is somewhat of a pattern here. Something that you can't quite put a word on.

Well, once upon a day, I read a One Piece chapter and I had that same feeling around a line of dialogue. I started to wonder, wait.. I know this feeling, why does this feel "wrong"? Then I started searching, on this internet and book..

Nothing, not a scratch of that things I couldn't put a word on, it was like a dialogue that was "wrong".. then I started searching in stories and in One Piece.

Same feeling..

Same feeling...

So I started to wonder.. "What is the common denominator between those lines of dialogues ? I want to understand this feeling"

EACH time, the premisse of EACH lines were corrupted. For example on the first pic, Vivi is a princess, she has responsibilties, on this second image, Sanji is actually not happy at all.

Same feeling, here the Samourai NEVER told the crew that they would behade samourais

I first called this "Subversion Dialogue" Dialogue because its about lines of dialogues and subversion because its meant to subvert expectations. Then I changed it to something more appropriate, all the lines are actually affirmations so "subversive affirmation" it is.

Here is why I can tell you now that what is used in all those occurence is also what is used here.

Same feeling. What is the corruption here ? Simple: Yamato is affirming something without any consent of the protagonist.

This simple line of dialogue made me realize that no.. Yamato was not meant to join, Oda was just playing with our expectation here.

Storytelling is not science. but with a little bit of logic and some research, we can actually predict some pretty interesting things.
Not that good as evidence; and what's to stop Yamato from; her journey through Wano does some self-discovery and now says "As Yamato I would like to join your crew..." or to that affect... It's possible just a matter of ifs.

Not that good as evidence; and what's to stop Yamato from; her journey through Wano does some self-discovery and now says "As Yamato I would like to join your crew..." or to that affect... It's possible just a matter of ifs.
There is indeed a * to add. This was for WANO. Not for the final Saga. Indeed, Yamato could have, like you said, a change of hearth and live Wano for the strawhat.

BUT

The story arc of Yamato ended at the end of Wano. What she needed to discover at the time was discovered and the choice she needed to make was made. This means that if Yamato were to return to the story, Oda could indeed take the story were it ended but he would need to recreate an ENTIRE STORYLINE.

At the point were we are now, there is very little probabilities for Oda to begin a new storyline for a character that was already introduced. Oda has new character he needs to focus on he will most likely therefore focus on them first.

That's why there are very few probabilities for Yamato to return at least to become a strawhat.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
I would like to remind you, and most other stable members of this thread, that the ignore button exists and makes this forum much more bearable, especially when a certain user who shall not be named has been derailing this entire thread for hundreds of pages with utter nonsense :doffyou:

A character can have as many ahining nakamq actions as they want, but if they don't also have a brilliant ally daialogue it means nothing. This is a brilliant new neologism that refers to any dialogue that I consider a brilliant ally dialogue on a subjective basSiss. What's that you saay? It doent matter because I made it up? Well just because I made it up doesn't mean it's not there. It was always there, you just need to read the subtect. That's a story telling fact. Soon you will ask me for the whether. Oh, the spelling errors? Hehe those aren't errors my friend. Lqnguage evolves. Don't you understand LINGUISTICS?

A character can have as many ahining nakamq actions as they want, but if they don't also have a brilliant ally daialogue it means nothing. This is a brilliant new neologism that refers to any dialogue that I consider a brilliant ally dialogue on a subjective basSiss. What's that you saay? It doent matter because I made it up? Well just because I made it up doesn't mean it's not there. It was always there, you just need to read the subtect. That's a story telling fact. Soon you will ask me for the whether. Oh, the spelling errors? Hehe those aren't errors my friend. Lqnguage evolves. Don't you understand LINGUISTICS?
If this post isn’t a clear cut example of subversive affirmation, then I don’t know what is. :finally:

This man actually out here thinking he discovered what subversion is and he's coining terms for it.

:suresure:
No. I didn't discover it. And I'm sure I'm not the first one to put a finger on it. I just didn't find any ressources to describe that specific concept.

Have fun, but I would be you, I would rather point me toward actual ressources where that concept is developped with more precision.. what do you think ?

but if they don't also have a brilliant ally daialogue it means nothing
Funny lol

C4N is one giant ass meme and I don't think he gets it
Imagine what I think about you guys :milaugh:

submersive affirmation
Underwater dialogues ? :choppawhat:

Which essay we talking about again?
This

Same feeling..

Same feeling...

Gotta make sure those affirmations are subversed and those nakama are shining and in action
:kata: