Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1096 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing I hate more in One Piece then repackaged chapters that literally add nothing to the story but information we’ve already even given before

It’s like we’re being treated like delinquents who can’t read

I mean this without malice, but if this chapter is not only not about God Valley but we barely learn anything new aside from the source of some devil fruits (which was already heavily speculated anyway) and the fact Gloria was on the Rocks crew?

Any Leaker that compared this to Gear 5 in even the vaguest sense in terms of hype was setting themselves up for hate.

I already was suspicious since we learned there would be no break. Oda almost never does hype shit these days without a proper break week in between chapters to have people go crazy. But this? Even without the false expectations, this chapter is pretty good background lore sure but it's at best a 7/10 and that is me being generous. Considering it is basically Oda purposefully teasing us with the one flashback he knows for sure we all want but won't give it to us? It feels way worse though.

I don't know why people are mad about other people's chapter ratings. It's all perspective. For me, 1044 wasn't even a 100/10, despite the big spoiler warning notice beforehand. All the Reverie chapters before the Wano Kuni arc started were 100/10s for me. The giant frozen straw hat, I'm Sama, the Gorosei ready to distinguish a light, Revs infiltrating Marie Joa, Shanks arriving out of nowhere in Marie Joa and Doflamingo mentioning the treasure of Marie Joa. It was one mystery after another.

Roger's flashback/laugh tale reveal, and of course chapter 957, "Ultimate" ! The first time we heard about rocks. All surpass 1044 for me personally. Doesn't mean that 1044 wasn't hype.

Maybe Dragon had changed his name in advance cause he wanted kaido's fruit so badly. Then he didn't get it and now he's a non dragon with the name Dragon while the authorities declined kaido's name change request because the name's already blocked by non dragon Dragon

God valley truly was a devastating incident that caused so much suffering :ronalugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.