Current Events “The Admirals are Celestial Dragon Dogs!”-Say Fans of Garp and Roger

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I think it's apparent that Garp views the CDs as a necessary evil. The reason he refuses to be an admiral is because it would make him a direct subordinate of the WG and will have no choice but to answer their calls. He also was shown to care about the Balance of Powers.

Him struggling between his feelings and his job was blatantly shown to us.

And yet Garp is the only Marine to protect these people
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Literally the Admirals were about to just let them die but Garp and his buddy Roger just had to come and lick every Saint Fingerland boot in sight
Garp didn't give a fuck that Rocks was about to murder CDs and steal his treasure back, he only came because Roger was there.

And I personally don't care whether they defend the CDs or not, I still like Garp and the Admirals, but this is kind of retarded because Garp never did anything specifically for the CDs while we see FA Akainu go out of his way to chase off Kuma for the celestials.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I think it's apparent that Garp views the CDs as a necessary evil. The reason he refuses to be an admiral is because it would make him a direct subordinate of the WG and will have no choice but to answer their calls. He also was shown to care about the Balance of Powers.

Him struggling between his feelings and his job was blatantly shown to us.
Yep.

He knows the Celestial Dragons are evil & that's probably why he refused the Admiral promotion so many times.
But he thinks of it as a necessary evil, because in the big picture - the Govt is the one who maintain some semblence of order & provide safety to the rest of the world - especially considering how 99% pirates are evil scum.