Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade UPDATE: Confirmed! 09/04/2024

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
@Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier @Pringles yall still going to argue Toei knows what they’re doing? Lmfao
Again, like you said earlier, they've done the same shit with Queen's hair before it was colored in the manga, and they were actually right.
That's not the only instance, but I'm bringing it up because you were dumb enough to mention it when you could have kept your mouth shut about it.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Again, like you said earlier, they've done the same shit with Queen's hair before it was colored in the manga, and they were actually right.
That's not the only instance, but I'm bringing it up because you were dumb enough to mention it when you could have kept your mouth shut about it.
…I was dumb enough to mention something that you agree with me on? Lmfao, okay buddy

So you and @Pringles seem to be convinced that FuckUp animation works very closely with Oda despite us providing you numerous examples of miscolorings and outright getting entire plotlines wrong. Lol

…I was dumb enough to mention something that you agree with me on? Lmfao, okay buddy

So you and @Pringles seem to be convinced that FuckUp animation works very closely with Oda despite us providing you numerous examples of miscolorings and outright getting entire plotlines wrong. Lol
You literally proved my fucking point with the Queen thing though, they wouldn't know his exact hair color unless they consulted Oda about it.
That proves they got help for that.

You literally proved my fucking point with the Queen thing though, they wouldn't know his exact hair color unless they consulted Oda about it.
These guys don't understand that the manga isn't just a black and white version of the colored version. Queen is also blond in the manga but Oda draws his hair inked, probably so his design has more contrast.

I'm pretty sure that in spite of Toei's many faults and mistakes throughout the years, if Green Cow actually had a black blade, Oda would make sure they wouldn't miss that since it is a MASSIVE detail.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Obviously the argument is not that they never talk to Oda, but that they do fuck up colorings.

Kuma’s original sweater coloring was supposed to be orange but Toei fucked that up and Oda just ran with it. Fujitora’s robes were also supposed to be white instead of light purple, Toei fucked that up as well.

Ryokugyu’s blade coloring is just a bit more consequential than clothing obviously so we’ll see if Oda lets this fuck up stand.

Yeah Idk what they were doing here, lol.
But they still corrected this later.
Meanwhile they're standing 10 toes on Aramaki having a white blade even after seeing it's color in the manga.
With the Hawkins stuff, you can at least excuse them, because they didn't know who he was referring to and at the time it was a legitimate mystery.
Yeah, sure, but what I wanted to say is that Toei took on itself to reveal a "mystery" that the manga did not solve at the time. One would - rationally - think: "Obviously they are sure about that, since they did it. They have surely asked Oda and such..."

And then they were proven wrong by the manga and had to change it afterward.

To keep things short: they are a lot more autonomous than one would think, and they make errors. This is also confirmed by multiple statements from Oda and editors, saying that they are not that much in touch with the anime team:

We've said this many times before.
That isn't the problem, them not listening is the problem.
Admiral fans should understand that they are putting all their chips into the far fetched possibility that TOEI fucked up the coloring this time around. If I was a full fledged admiral fan I would just abandon Greenbull and hype the shit out of Sakazuki and Borsalino, cause that man is truly not him.

Double standards are the bread and butter of Admiral fans…but projection is also up there.

They were claiming that Ryokugyu's blade was black, so when you call them out on it with the anime they leap to saying that Toei animation is not canon and they do a lot of mistakes. They forget that all dark blades are not always black blades or that Oda himself does mistakes.

It’s like a form of insecurity, they're afraid that their own standards, behaviours and tactics will be turned on them.
Yeah…you definitely aren’t a uni student. That doesn’t even make sense. You couldn’t even look up the definition of “projection” before trying to do a parody?

Even the content doesn’t work because Kujaku uses a whip, not a sword, and Oda making mistakes works regardless of which stance one takes on the black blade issue.

literally 0 out of 10 for effort. Smh

Obviously the argument is not that they never talk to Oda, but that they do fuck up colorings.

Kuma’s original sweater coloring was supposed to be orange but Toei fucked that up and Oda just ran with it. Fujitora’s robes were also supposed to be white instead of light purple, Toei fucked that up as well.

Ryokugyu’s blade coloring is just a bit more consequential than clothing obviously so we’ll see if Oda lets this fuck up stand.
Yeah, sure, but what I wanted to say is that Toei took on itself to reveal a "mystery" that the manga did not solve at the time. One would - rationally - think: "Obviously they are sure about that, since they did it. They have surely asked Oda and such..."

To keep things short: they are a lot more autonomous than one would think, and they make errors. This is also confirmed by multiple statements from Oda and editors, saying that they are not that much in touch with the anime team:
My point is there's no reason for them not to consult Oda about this, this shit is very important, more so than the usual stuff they animate.
It's the proper introduction of the new Admiral, and the first time we see him fight as well, plus he supposedly has a Black Blade, which is incredibly important and Oda always makes sure to emphasize that a character has that.
Why would they just take liberties on his blade color here? I can see that with the other examples, i.e King's wings and what not, as those aren't as important and the King thing was also just in an opening, but Aramaki's black blade would be way too important for them to just color it on their own.

Having some creative freedoms when it comes to animating and adding new stuff that wasn't in the source material does not equate to changing a huge detail like a black blade. I don't really have a horse in this race since I don't really care that much, but you guys are grasping at straws here.

Admiral fans should understand that they are putting all their chips into the far fetched possibility that TOEI fucked up the coloring this time around. If I was a full fledged admiral fan I would just abandon Greenbull and hype the shit out of Sakazuki and Borsalino, cause that man is truly not him.
Same here, but you know how they are about this, too stubborn to ever admit when they're wrong.

Yeah…you definitely aren’t a uni student. That doesn’t even make sense. You couldn’t even look up the definition of “projection” before trying to do a parody?

Even the content doesn’t work because Kujaku uses a whip, not a sword, and Oda making mistakes works regardless of which stance one takes on the black blade issue.

literally 0 out of 10 for effort. Smh
After confirming me again and again that you don't understand One Piece, now you are embarrassing yourself even further by showing that in fact, you can't even understand colors!

No wonder you keep questioning my degree since you didn't even go to primary school, you are in fact projecting.

The manga isn't just a black and white version of the colored version. Queen is also blonde in the manga but Oda draws his hair inked, probably so his design has more contrast.

Double standards are the bread and butter of Admiral fans…but projection is also up there.

They were claiming that Ryokugyu's blade was black, so when you call them out on it with the anime they leap to saying that Toei animation is not canon and they do a lot of mistakes. They forget that all dark blades are not always black blades or that Oda himself does mistakes.

It’s like a form of insecurity, they're afraid that their own standards, behaviours and tactics will be turned on them.
Admiral fans this admiral fans that
Weren’t you the dude who spammed editor notes for god knows how long then played victim after

Literal cockroaches gaslighting online good lord
:rolaugh:

People may not like to hear this, especially from someone who doesn’t care whether it’s a black blade or not: maybe Toei just doesn’t give a damn just like a lot of fans don’t.
It really doesn’t make a difference either way.
:shame:
True, cause at the end of the day, Laramaki came out looking like a scrub.