Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1097 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it isn't worth much if they just got immortality surgery. Though I don't believe they're all immortal. At least some of them refer to periods of the void centuries as something they themselves only know as legends. And given we know of other characters way past 100, like Dr Kureha, which is like 140 years old, the Gorosei being very old (especially Saturn, who looks the oldest) isn't yet something extraordinary.

I don't see how the Gorosei are stronger than Kaido. Based on what? Excluding a bit of Haki from their body? Kaido has shown that too. We even know armament can have the same effect (though it should be CoC in Saturn's case).
I don't think they are all from the Void Century, but rather different periods of time. You have to remember, they need the power of the Ope Ope no Mi in order to gain immortality, which is not something that should be easy to come by. It could take decades, or even hundreds years to find the fruit again, once it's been used to perform the surgery. I think only Imu himself is from the Void Century, while the rest of the Gorosei were selected from the most dedicated of Holy Knights, throughout the centuries.

The biggest tell that they seemingly have had the surgery done, is the fact that Saturn doesn't look any older now, than he did 39 years ago. Even in the One Piece World, that's abnormal. Look at Hyugoro after just 20 years. Men seem to be the most affected by the passing of time, yet Saturn doesn't look the slightest bit different after practically 40 years.

And I mean they could be stronger if they are hundreds of years old. That's a long time to be able to reach the Apex of Haki, and completely master their Devil Fruits. Now of course, if they are just regular dudes, who age slower than others, and haven't lived for centuries, then yeah, there wouldn't be any possible way for them to be stronger.

Fast-forwarding from 38 years ago to 14 years ago is a good sign. We might get less chapters for this flashback than I thought. Hopefully next chapter is the last one

G

Gorosei Informer

Can't be nominated while also being mid :saden:
They should take a leaf out of Yahtzee of Zero Punctuations book and do blandest/most mid game of the year and worst goty too lol. He does 5 for each too and will be doing this years soonish naturally too. He does top 5 best ones too.

For most mid overall Starfield may go extreme diff/equal diff vs Hogwarts lol. But honestly Hogwarts looks pretty fun for a few hours at least, maybe same for Starfield at best.

As typical of Bethesda games modding will save Starfield but Modd Howard/Todd Liehard expected people to play Starfield religiously like Skyrim for YEARS in end lmfao. Modding us definitely improving Hogwarts a lot but it genuinely has some really nice little surprises in the base game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.