One Piece Chapter 1097: "Ginny"

Who is Bonney?

• Total voters

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双
So we got a couple of confirmations this chapter:

Dragon was a Marine (no rank reveal - i wonder if he was close to Aokiji and did Garps training alongside them - probably also who inspired him to leave after the fight with Akainu)

Ivankov is indeed a main factor to the RA - im surprised given his status as the two pillars Dragon let him sit in ID for so long - then again he seemed content and didnt want to leave as it wasnt his time to be "saved" yet.

Kuma is the true "Saint" and his Durability is close to Zoros with no training - makes more sense why he tested Zoros determination to protect Luffy. Buccaneer Blood is fearsome.

Ginny is not Luffys mother

Iva vs Kuma was a lot deeper than we expected.

Kuma>>>>

Kuma really went from mindless, heartless And emotionless cyborg to being the most kind and caring person in the entire series.
even with his toughness absorbing all those pain every week must’ve taken a huge toll on him.
I wonder how did this fodder army captured him though..:quest:
He wasn't as strong back then and he probably went easy on them. People forget how long people like Kuma or Doflamingo had to be out at sea in order to reach the level of strength they have at the moment. Luffy and the strawhats are just freaks of nature. The pace at which they grow stronger is not normal.

Kuma really went from mindless, heartless And emotionless cyborg to being the most kind and caring person in the entire series.
even with his toughness absorbing all those pain every week must’ve taken a huge toll on him.
It’s possible he didn’t want to hurt them.
Post automatically merged:

Dragon was a Marine (no rank reveal - i wonder if he was close to Aokiji and did Garps training alongside them - probably also who inspired him to leave after the fight with Akainu)

Ivankov is indeed a main factor to the RA - im surprised given his status as the two pillars Dragon let him sit in ID for so long - then again he seemed content and didnt want to leave as it wasnt his time to be "saved" yet.

Kuma is the true "Saint" and his Durability is close to Zoros with no training - makes more sense why he tested Zoros determination to protect Luffy. Buccaneer Blood is fearsome.

Kuma>>>>
Ginny was never Luffy’s mother. Imagine Dragon having a go at a person Kuma really cared. I am pretty sure Dragon knew Moral bro Code .

Actually think that this is the first chapter of the flashback that slows down the pace just enough for us to get properly invested in the drama and characters. The first two, I can definitely agree, felt weirdly rushed. 1095 had entire emotional events that deserved proper buildup unfold in a single panel and 1096 sacrificed the scale and importance of the conflict in God Valley in an effort to cram in as many "epic spreads" as possible while still making room for Kuma's role. Ended up failing to impactfully deliver what were defining moments for the character by completely skipping over the confrontation with Saturn and the struggle to free the slaves.

This chapter at least picks up where the last bit of 1097 left us by actually depicting regular interactions between the characters that will carry the emotional weight of the flashback.
You’re right the last two chapters were incredibly rushed but the hype of God Valley let fans overlook it. From a lore perspective it was good but from a story and pacing PoV they were as bad as the BB and Marine invasion on Amazon Lily, super random, rushed, skipped over. I’m miffed at how we casually skipped the whole process of how Kuma and Ginny joined the Rev army, the way they just banded up right away was so silly.

Honestly the GV stuff should’ve been left out altogether. Show it from Kuma’s PoV and save it for later so we can get more interactions and panel time with the flashback characters.

Oda would never do something like this, that I'm certain of. It's just the classic Incel R word fantasy trope that some of these edgelords love.
He does but indirectly in other words for obvious reasons.

It has been implied that Boa has been sexually abused. Robin and Nami most likely went through the same thing growing up. Same for Viola and all the female slaves living under the Celestial Dragon.

Ginny taken as a slave for the Celestial Dragon seems more realistic and this would explain why Saturn and Akainu gave Bonney a pass (they will kill others in an instant). Kuma finding out and going on a rampage that got him the name "Tyrant" would make sense.

Let's not forget this part and all the rapey vibes Celestial Dragon done in the open to make us despise them.

Last edited:

It has been implied that Boa has been sexually abused. Robin and Nami most likely went through the same thing growing up. Same for Viola and all the female slaves living under the Celestial Dragon.

Ginny taken as a slave for the Celestial Dragon seems more realistic and this would explain why Saturn and Akainu gave Bonney a pass (they will kill others in an instant). Kuma finding out and going on a rampage that got him the name "Tyrant" would make sense.

Let's not forget this part and all the rapey vibes Celestial Dragon done in the open to make us despise them.

If this is true then Kuma truly is the Guts of One Piece

What if Ginny is Luffy's mom and she gave birth to Luffy then her memories were erased and she was deaged or cloned into Bonney? :pepecorn:
Luffy's mom theory isn't completely out of question here.

This story is slowly developing into Brandon Heat from GunGrave type situation. I liked the character initially until he encouraged his girl to get closer to his boss ... I'd hate Kuma if he went the same route.
Kuma might end up being the same lameass character with the same lame situation:
Dragon saves Ginny and Kuma still refuses Ginny even after her comeback to marry her.
Eventually Dragon ends up with Ginny and have Luffy as a kid.

Bonney might still have been a combination of Kuma's genes and Ginny's genes created in a lab. VegaPunk is aware of her past and we see one of Bonney's twisted futures where she has a massive strong torso.

Indeed. Oda doesn't shy away from hinting at all the evil in the world, which gives the story more credibility.

Kuma>>>>
Dragon could have been close to prime Garp in power before he defected. If he's Garp's son you can be certain he got heavier galactic impacts than Luffy at a young age since Garp was in his prime when he had his son.

The rank doesn't matter as Garp refused promotions multiple times, which clarifies that the rank doesn't translate to powerlevel.

Besides Dragon clearly was constantly in combat as a revolutionary, far more than sleepy-ass Kizaru who is there just to get his wages and eat his ramen.

Last edited:
Prediction:

Kuma will hand himself in to protect Ginny but they'll both be captured. Kuma will be forced to live a life like his father as a slave.

Kuma and Ginny will have Bonney. Ginny will die by being shot and Kuma instead of being killed will volunteer to become a robot for Bonney to be safe. Kuma while being changed into a robot was telling Ginny about Nika.

He wasn't a fighter at that time, he was a priest.

What if Ginny is Luffy's mom and she gave birth to Luffy then her memories were erased and she was deaged or cloned into Bonney? :pepecorn:
Ivankov - Luffy's mother:smart: