Just heard about the Nepal earthquake, you ok @Kerkovian ? Hope you're safe
It was midnight, I was about to sleep. First I felt dizzy, thought something happened to me then bloody hell the bed started going haywire. It was a 7 second shock but pretty far from here.
Still a lot of people died(they had thatched houses madeup of stones and bamboo\woods and got crushed while sleeping. I heard the situation in the epicenter is very bad but relief efforts have reached. It wasn't like the 7.6 in 2015 man but yesterday night when the bed shook I had deja vu. I have experienced 5 earthquakes in the last month or so. People are afraid and bracing for a big one sadly. When the 7.6 hit, we had several such pre-shocks in the preceeding years.
This is sad because the geography of this country is mostly hills and mountains and that is where the earthquakes mostly originates from. I live in the plains and am safe but I feel for my countrymen. They're very poor living in the hills and disasters always leave them in tatters.

It was midnight, I was about to sleep. First I felt dizzy, thought something happened to me then bloody hell the bed started going haywire. It was a 7 second shock but pretty far from here.
Still a lot of people died(they had thatched houses madeup of stones and bamboo\woods and got crushed while sleeping. I heard the situation in the epicenter is very bad but relief efforts have reached. It wasn't like the 7.6 in 2015 man but yesterday night when the bed shook I had deja vu. I have experienced 5 earthquakes in the last month or so. People are afraid and bracing for a big one sadly. When the 7.6 hit, we had several such pre-shocks in the preceeding years.
This is sad because the geography of this country is mostly hills and mountains and that is where the earthquakes mostly originates from. I live in the plains and am safe but I feel for my countrymen. They're very poor living in the hills and disasters always leave them in tatters.
I hope as many as possible are rescued and the ones that perished are given timely funerals.
That area of the world is really tectonically active the past year. It's like a big stretch from Afganistan to Nepal. I wonder if the Afganistan earthquakes had an effect on the one last night/today?
And here I was thinking hills and mountains were a bit safer during an earthquake...
Stay safe, bro

I hope as many as possible are rescued and the ones that perished are given timely funerals.
That area of the world is really tectonically active the past year. It's like a big stretch from Afganistan to Nepal. I wonder if the Afganistan earthquakes had an effect on the one last night/today?
And here I was thinking hills and mountains were a bit safer during an earthquake...
Stay safe, bro
Thanks for your concern, bro.
This region stretching from Afghanistan -Pak- Ind- Nep- Tibet(China) is very mountainous and hilly and whenever earthquake hits, the epicenter is a hill or a mountain. Mostly it is remote to a settlement. Yesterday it hit a hilly district. The terrain is difficult and the quake certainly destoryed the weakly built houses contributing to the deaths. If it had hit during the day, people would have been working out and thus become safe but I think at midnight they're in deep sleep and most couldnt get up quick to rush out. This is sad and unlucky.

Thanks for your concern, bro.
You're the only Nepali I know bro, of course I would be concerned. Don't sweat it:pepemwai:

This region stretching from Afghanistan -Pak- Ind- Nep- Tibet(China) is very mountainous and hilly and whenever earthquake hits, the epicenter is a hill or a mountain. Mostly it is remote to a settlement. Yesterday it hit a hilly district. The terrain is difficult and the quake certainly destoryed the weakly built houses contributing to the deaths. If it had hit during the day, people would have been working out and thus become safe but I think at midnight they're in deep sleep and most couldnt get up quick to rush out. This is sad and unlucky.
Reminds me so much of the Morocco earthquake earlier this year