Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Why do you insist I display my thought process here and come to a "strong leaning" when I'm not even trying to cleave you/Prof's head off?

If you're town I think what you're doing is reading into my occasional comments towards you as insincere/shading when I'm providing a window into my thought process while I play. I think if I'm trying to eat you, you have a right to demand a bit more. As it stands I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

In practice, I'm trying to slash and burn indies and am being met with sudden resistance, and it's hard for me not to be a bit confused at what you're doing here, if your considerations stop and end at how I've approached you and nothing else
Uh but you are - you tagged the player list to inspire a wagon on Prof. Today, you've done pretty much no hunting for Polar's mates, despite suggesting that this should be the go-to follow up to his flip. You've fallen back to "kill indies" and sat on your laurels with it.

Your comments are shading - that is quite literally what shading is. You spent most of yesterday having both Prof and I in your strongest scum reads, and I'm supposed to believe that said position has received zero evaluation despite ensuring you got your flip and thus helped bolster your thread position.

Frankly, you shouldn't be trying to kill Indies today. I think you know this too.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Melkor seems like a good shout for both having Orange equity and basically focusing exclusively on Ekko the entire game as well
i asked for status report about him earlier from prof and flower but dont recall getting anything. maybe i shud appoint u as the departmnet head for mafia

but then who will become the vice president of indie hunters

Uh but you are - you tagged the player list to inspire a wagon on Prof. Today, you've done pretty much no hunting for Polar's mates, despite suggesting that this should be the go-to follow up to his flip. You've fallen back to "kill indies" and sat on your laurels with it.

Your comments are shading - that is quite literally what shading is. You spent most of yesterday having both Prof and I in your strongest scum reads, and I'm supposed to believe that said position has received zero evaluation despite ensuring you got your flip and thus helped bolster your thread position.q

Frankly, you shouldn't be trying to kill Indies today. I think you know this too.
I brought attention to that information because it's relevant and I don't like playing in candy land.

As far as being lazy goes, fair enough.

Also who said I didn't consider that lynch in you/Prof's favor? I think you're making the mistake of thinking I'm out to get you guys by indirect insinuation. If I want you dead, I wouldn't mealy mouth about it.

Ratchet

Maybe it's because I'm rusty at SRM

But I don't see how it's "easy to reconcile" out of all distinct possibilities in play, at least before explanation is provided. You'll notice I didn't actually vote for Prof. I prefer to play with a relative degree of transparency. So if there's a reliable source of information in the OP, that's what I'm going to navigate by. Otherwise you're effectively asking me to play like this is a flip less game or something. Sorry not sorry.
Sure it is easy - what does either Prof or I gain, as scum, by tying ourselves to one another so flagrantly while lying about something that will invariably be caught out sooner or later? It would be one thing if there was any tangible gain to this risk, but there's not - it's creating a situation where we both have to go to endgame, while adding a component to the claim that doesn't need to be there that only harms our ability to do this. Could this all happen? Sure it could, but I think it would be a pretty unlikely scenario, no?

Conversely, as town the goal is "help to further bait a kill on Ratchet". I'll just ask you - between the two scenarios, which do you think is more likely to happen?

Of course, if you have plausible alternate scenarios here, feel free to argue them.

Ratchet

. If I want you dead, I wouldn't mealy mouth about it.
Historically, this is what you've done as scum, which is what matters in regards to my suspicion. If you're town then yes I agree - that's part of my argument against that being the case. From my perspective that's exactly what you've been doing.

It's not even just about noticing a discrepancy and calling some attention to it - the way you did it was chaotic.

I'm happy to pivot to any of those I listed - mostly Melkor and Reloaded. I assume you missed it, but earlier Melkor went out of his way to defend you, in a way that felt unaligned (while he also had nothing else to add around that). I'm also not sure if his post restriction is legitimate.

Sure it is easy - what does either Prof or I gain, as scum, by tying ourselves to one another so flagrantly while lying about something that will invariably be caught out sooner or later? It would be one thing if there was any tangible gain to this risk, but there's not - it's creating a situation where we both have to go to endgame, while adding a component to the claim that doesn't need to be there that only harms our ability to do this. Could this all happen? Sure it could, but I think it would be a pretty unlikely scenario, no?

Conversely, as town the goal is "help to further bait a kill on Ratchet". I'll just ask you - between the two scenarios, which do you think is more likely to happen?

Of course, if you have plausible alternate scenarios here, feel free to argue them.
To put it simply - my immediate assumption is that Prof would not place himself in a scenario where his lie could be so easily disqualified, but he was still an indie who blatantly manipulated a write up in order to appear not dead, so if your asking me that I whistle and look the other way, I'm sorry but that's not in my wheelhouse lol. Call it what you want, but I think we can win without relying on parlor tricks!

Ratchet

To put it simply - my immediate assumption is that Prof would not place himself in a scenario where his lie could be so easily disqualified, but he was still an indie who blatantly manipulated a write up in order to appear not dead, so if your asking me that I whistle and look the other way, I'm sorry but that's not in my wheelhouse lol. Call it what you want, but I think we can win without relying on parlor tricks!
It wasn't really manipulated though - his role has fused with mine. He has no vote, he is functionally dead. He is technically alive, but that's about it.

It wasn't really manipulated though - his role has fused with mine. He has no vote, he is functionally dead. He is technically alive, but that's about it.
And again, this is where my extended haitus from circus affair games like these is possibly showing, because you make got stuff like a very mundane conclusion when I have some hang ups that you might consider low brow.

I assume when the host uses a definition "stump" it means STUMP. I assume when a WU declares a player is dead with no flip and then the OP proves otherwise, that is evidence that Prof merely doctored a write up. If I am missing some nuance here, then I'll take being called a dunce for this, but sincerely this is fake baloney bullshit and I find it easier to figure out a game when I remove these elements, personally, so yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.