Speculations The Eye-Patch Guy and Who The Most Likely Candidate Is and What It Means

Eye-patch pirate is the same guy that is riding the black ship that makes whirlpools. I think that's obvious. Isn't it?

When he shows up, we will know we are near the end of the series, and we know the captain of the black ship that makes whirlpools is rumored to have the final poneglyph.

Conclusion, the man who has the eye-patch will show up when the series is coming to an end, and finding the final poneglyph signals the series is coming to an end. Therefore, the captain of the black ship that creates whirlpools is the man with the eye-patch because he is rumored to have the final poneglyph.

It's elementary, my dear Watsons.

This is only speculation, but if it's true then that means the man marked by flames and the man with the eye-patch are the same person.

To be clear, let us evaluate which ones Luffy already possesses. Luffy already has the Whole Cake Island Poneglyph Rubbing, the Zou Poneglyph Rubbing, and the Wano Poneglyph Rubbing. That means, for Luffy, there is only one "up for grabs." Blackbeard may only have two as indicated by the panel above, but this may be an old panel. By attacking Law, he may have all three at this point.

Attacking Law and attacking Whole Cake Island may mean that Blackbeard has access to the Zou and Wano rubbings through Law, and that he has gained a third rubbing by raiding Whole Cake Island. I'm not sure it was ever said that he didn't do all those things, so it's possible he has.

Last edited:
What was Oda's statement exactly? I find different translation for the letter from 2007 - sometimes it's "character" and sometimes it's "pirate". Was it a pirate, he said would have an eyepatch? Can someone clarify?

We'll we've already started the final saga, and I feel that Elbaf will be where eye-patch man shows up. While the final poneglyph might be needed to get to Laughtale, theres more of an end vibe when meeting Shanks and dealing with the Straw Hat stuff. There's still a lot to do before claiming the One Piece like overthrowing the WG and Laboon type stuff.

Personally I think the man marked by flames and the eye-patch character are seperate characters because it would be odd for Oda to have two mysterious characters be the same person without characters explicitly connecting the dots. I also believe that eye-patch man doesn't exist yet, because other than the marked man there aren't any figures it could be.

C

Cruxroux

We'll we've already started the final saga, and I feel that Elbaf will be where eye-patch man shows up. While the final poneglyph might be needed to get to Laughtale, theres more of an end vibe when meeting Shanks and dealing with the Straw Hat stuff. There's still a lot to do before claiming the One Piece like overthrowing the WG and Laboon type stuff.

Personally I think the man marked by flames and the eye-patch character are seperate characters because it would be odd for Oda to have two mysterious characters be the same person without characters explicitly connecting the dots. I also believe that eye-patch man doesn't exist yet, because other than the marked man there aren't any figures it could be.
Guys I don't have a brain but
Someone from Norse mythology wore Eye patch too

Guys I don't have a brain but
Someone from Norse mythology wore Eye patch too
Fuck you. Not because you are wrong or an asshole, but because this destroys my current theory.

I will cope by saying as much as Oda likes the vikings, he wants to keep the Eyepatch in his back pocket as a symbol of prime piracy. L-luffy will get it when he's PK tier (Elbaf)

Am I missing something here? 🤨
Oda's a big fan of Vikings, and Odin is the Zeus of Norse mythology. He wears an eye-patch due to an integral part of his lore. Elbaf is about as endgame as it gets sans the OP, so it fits all the criteria of the man with an eye-patch.

Might even be the current king of Elbaf.