Character Discussion Oda tries so hard to make the celestial dragons look evil. Its not good writing.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
I agree I think it would of been better to paint them has the good guys show them helping the needy, feeding the homeless protecting those who can't protect themselves but then in a twist reveal that they are the true monsters that the people we thogujt where rhe good guys for years turn out to be the actual villains

You should watch the Pierpaolo Pasolini's movie "Salò o le giornate di Gomorra". In that movie,Pasolini wanted to denounce the impunity of the people in power,so he created a story where nobles,politicians,priests,judges take some boys and girls as slaves and treat them in the worst way possible for the entire movie. Its a very hard movie to watch,and i dont know if Oda ever watched it,but the Celestial Dragons potrayal is very similar to that one. Its also similar to the potrayal of the French nobles in the manga "Rose of Versailles". Its a manga about the French Revolution,and years ago Oda said he did read it. In that manga,the French nobles are written in a similar way to the CD,there is even a scene where a noble shoot a kid in the streets just because he watched him with a bad look. So maybe these are the things where Oda took inspiration from.

I agree. Oda keeps harping on with the CDs being evil. We get it, the CDs are horrible people so what is the next step of your story beyond them being horrible people? Seems like the CDs are just the Orochi of the WG, i.e. a subplot/side-character that didn't add anything to the story.
Difference is Orochi is just important for wano meanwhile the Celestial Dragons are connected to the word government which rules the op earth

We see a CD actually do something every.. 20 chapters at best, probably way more. They are scumbags and quite usually Oda shows them act like the scumbags they are but I don't think he does it for the sake of it but it is that they are used as instruments for the story he us telling, they have that role and they fit it. We also have occasionally good CD like Mjosgard and Doffy's father and we see they get eliminated asap, honestly it is not so far from what you see in the real world, the politician echelons of our society.