Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
i read that one before, its only mention about her role and design change pre-alabasta.well i hope you remember the interview soon.
i looked, and can't find it, keep getting 2015-2023

but like i said early that what i remember, it 2023 and she still fine. instead her dad got killed from recent story.

When Oda waited 800 chapters to kill Vivi's dad so she had a dead parent/mentor figure, allowing her to become elligible to join the Straw Hats.

I’m gonna say it. If Vivi joins the strawhats as a permanent crew member and stays with them even after the end of the serious. Then I will how they say in German “einen Besen fressen“. Not gonna happen.

Crashing this thread with an account after lurking enough to give everyone a heads up. Kizaru will be the next strawhat. A logia, a redemption story, an admiral to parallel Aokiji, its gonna happen.
A warm welcome in here. Your name definitely seems to point to the matter you are most interested in: The next crew member, right?

I am wondering why so many go for Kizaru as an option. Is it just because he was seen having emphaty for the ones he is forced to kill?

A warm welcome in here. Your name definitely seems to point to the matter you are most interested in: The next crew member, right?

I am wondering why so many go for Kizaru as an option. Is it just because he was seen having emphaty for the ones he is forced to kill?
Thanks! I've wanted to be on the forum for a bit as well, so its not all just asserting his impending crewmate status, but thats a big part of it. Ever since it was revealed that Kizaru was heading to egghead I anticipated him being a crewmate. Its only been confirmed more and more throughout the arc as he shows hesitation and a dislike of the orders to kill his adoptive family, and a major theme of the arc being people fighting back and regaining their agency even after being under control, as with Kuma snapping out of his programming and heading to save Bonney.
A salaryman being liberated from apathy by Luffy and co is incredibly thematic to the whole story, where Kizaru will take control of his own life for once and act on his own desires, defending Sentomaru and Vegapunk, making Unclear Justice clear, and then becoming the light to Luffy's "Sun".
Post automatically merged:

Hell, even before that after it was revealed to me in my reading that Kuma was an ally and Aokiji left the Marines, I've been vaguely anticipating a Kizaru betrayal, as his personality and past dealings with the Strawhats have shown that he is a very disaffected person who does what hes told, but likes leaving it up to chance. Do one's duty but leave it up to fate what happens to them instead of outright confirming kills, like with Sabaody and Marineford with sniping the key out of Luffy's hand. It is true that all of this could VERY MUCH be attributed to plot armor where of course Luffy isn't gonna die, but still.
The crew's darkest moment of despair and separation ending up where all of their foes in that moment would later turn out to be allies would be ironic and an incredible moment of serendipity and proof that theres still good in the One Piece world, Kuma, Kizaru, Sentomaru...

Last edited:
Thanks! I've wanted to be on the forum for a bit as well, so its not all just asserting his impending crewmate status, but thats a big part of it. Ever since it was revealed that Kizaru was heading to egghead I anticipated him being a crewmate. Its only been confirmed more and more throughout the arc as he shows hesitation and a dislike of the orders to kill his adoptive family, and a major theme of the arc being people fighting back and regaining their agency even after being under control, as with Kuma snapping out of his programming and heading to save Bonney.
A salaryman being liberated from apathy by Luffy and co is incredibly thematic to the whole story, where Kizaru will take control of his own life for once and act on his own desires, defending Sentomaru and Vegapunk, making Unclear Justice clear, and then becoming the light to Luffy's "Sun".

Hell, even before that after it was revealed to me in my reading that Kuma was an ally and Aokiji left the Marines, I've been vaguely anticipating a Kizaru betrayal, as his personality and past dealings with the Strawhats have shown that he is a very disaffected person who does what hes told, but likes leaving it up to chance. Do one's duty but leave it up to fate what happens to them instead of outright confirming kills, like with Sabaody and Marineford with sniping the key out of Luffy's hand. It is true that all of this could VERY MUCH be attributed to plot armor where of course Luffy isn't gonna die, but still.
The crew's darkest moment of despair and separation ending up where all of their foes in that moment would later turn out to be allies would be ironic and an incredible moment of serendipity and proof that theres still good in the One Piece world, Kuma, Kizaru, Sentomaru...
Dragon appeared in the story 20 years ago, he let kuma love interest get kiddnapped and raped. You have too many expectations of people and Oda. The only one spared of frauding is Zoro. Not even Mihawk was spared. Characters are not worth investing unless it zoro.

:risitameh: