Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1101 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are. There are some things you can't control in life. Where you are born, to whom you are born to, your natural talent, your illness, the kind of people who will affect you in life. These are all things you have no control over i.e fate.
That's just life bro.
Sometimes you are lucky enough to live a full life, sometimes you are unlucky enough to die of cancer in your 20s.
Life is full of randomness. And fate isn't real.

What about the stories that have always hinted towards fate? Some readers even complain about the chosen one trope in stories that have always used fate as a driving force. It's weird.
I know what you're getting at and I agree - Inherited Will has been a part of One Piece since chapter 1

And it worked like a charm imo until we started getting 1:1 parallels of Joyboy to Luffy, and then the Nika fruit reveal.

Luffy inheriting Roger's will (and even Joyboy's) but being his own character and no forced parallels being introduced would have been more accepted imo.

But Oda went too hard on it and made a goofy rubber kid way too special and gifted when the original premise was that he Inherited the Will of these people, not their personalities and/or powers

I've never understood the hate over chosen one trope? Like what is bad about it? It is engrained in the culture of human history and some of it is even real. There have been people in the past with abilities beyond that of a normal person. Fate is literally real and some people luck into things and become successful while some people work their hardest but never make it. Is it just the denial of fate and destiny as a concept?
People hating on the "chosen one trope" over 5 line spoilers.

They are. There are some things you can't control in life. Where you are born, to whom you are born, your natural talents, your illnesses, the kinds of people who will affect you in life. These are all things you have no control over i.e. fate.
fate implies a supernatural element, and its not like you are fated to have those things, it isnt fate just because it happened, it wasnt predetermined, shit just ended up that way

I not sure how long he plan it for but joyboy \Nika was always going to be big aspect of the manga .
But luffy going do his own thing while taking out other pirates \WG and nika\joy won't mean shit to him but it will to other people .
Luffy doesn't give a flying fuck about Nika so why do people care, he is only doing his shit because he wants to be the pirate king

However, in this quest at becoming the pirate king and at being the freest in the sea, he is freeing nations from oppression and he is turning the world upside down

Isn't that beautiful?

Remember how One Piece fans were clowning Kishimoto & Naruto for going down the Destined One route?

Turns out their boy, the personification of Freedom, is on a path which was destined 800 years ago :kobeha:
Ahh yes, a few fans = entire fanbase. The story has always hinted towards fate. Since the Loguetown arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.