Character Discussion Why do people downplay Blackbeard?

I personally think Blackbeard is a great character from a written and powerscaling perspective. He laid out a plan and executed it step by step.

He wanted a fruit and killed his crew mate for it. Once he got it he started his own crew and defeated Ace who was able to defeat Warlords. He scarred Shanks with no fruit while Shanks was on guard.

Then he used Ace to become a warlord, killed WB and took his fruit, defeated the remnants of the WB pirates in a war and became a Yonko. He’s the only pirate with two crazy fruits one nullifies all Devil fruit abilities while the other one has the power to destroy the world.

But he gets disrespected as if he’s not going to be top 3 all time with Luffy Imu and Roger.

He got clowned by characters like Magellan but that doesn’t matter because his Ws outweigh that. So what is it that people don’t like about BB? I think he’s a great villan.

Well, because he looks pathetic and cowardly every time he appears, and generally people just want scenes where the characters look cool or badass.

He acts like a pirate so cowardly when needed and so on, some people may look down on it not seeing the big picture. Also I guess he takes a lot of shots as Erkan favorite. But I'm almost sure that in the end all the downplay he get is gonna turn back to bite a lot of people.

Because of Erkan, as the Katakuri downplay is because of JoNdule

BB downplay is really stupid he will be one of the strongest pirate by a good margin

Going to be top 3 doesn’t mean he isn’t currently weaker than big mom…
He’s not I think he can take her. Even if their crews fought I think BB would win.
Post automatically merged:

Because people want a threatening Villain for some tension.

Not some goofy ass shit that you can't take seriously like yes it makes BB unique but at what cost?
I would say you can’t take Big Mom serious but I have to disagree on BB.