Character Discussion Why do people downplay Blackbeard?

Because Threat level = 0.

People can try to gas BB as much as they want, find as much excuses as they want, saying that he is a “true” pirate, but the truth is that Oda did a very poor job with him and his crew.

They are an uninteresting group of vilains with shit design, shit personality and shit power.

BB can be the strongest character in the verse the way Oda is characterizing him will always lead to downplay.

I personally think Blackbeard is a great character from a written and powerscaling perspective. He laid out a plan and executed it step by step.

He wanted a fruit and killed his crew mate for it. Once he got it he started his own crew and defeated Ace who was able to defeat Warlords. He scarred Shanks with no fruit while Shanks was on guard.

Then he used Ace to become a warlord, killed WB and took his fruit, defeated the remnants of the WB pirates in a war and became a Yonko. He’s the only pirate with two crazy fruits one nullifies all Devil fruit abilities while the other one has the power to destroy the world.

But he gets disrespected as if he’s not going to be top 3 all time with Luffy Imu and Roger.

He got clowned by characters like Magellan but that doesn’t matter because his Ws outweigh that. So what is it that people don’t like about BB? I think he’s a great villan.
Because he isn't a Zoro fight.

BB unlike the others yonko and great pirates doesnt care if he is looking like a coward. He only cares about his main goal. Remember his speech to luffy: 'let them laugh. If you are aiming for the top... you dont always need your fists to show your might'

Post automatically merged:

Agenda wars.
Mainly because a lot of BB wankers go to war with Mihawk wankers, so now the Mihawk wankers are rightfully striking back.
BB and Mihawk agenda wont clash, so this discussion is very useless

BB unlike the others yonko and great pirates doesnt care if he is looking like a coward. He only cares about his main goal. Remember his speech to luffy: 'let them laugh. If you are aiming for the top... you dont always need your fists to show your might'

Post automatically merged:

BB and Mihawk agenda wont clash, so this discussion is very useless
Blackbeard and Mihawk agenda clashes due to both being connected to Shanks.

I personally think Blackbeard is a great character from a written and powerscaling perspective. He laid out a plan and executed it step by step.

He wanted a fruit and killed his crew mate for it. Once he got it he started his own crew and defeated Ace who was able to defeat Warlords. He scarred Shanks with no fruit while Shanks was on guard.

Then he used Ace to become a warlord, killed WB and took his fruit, defeated the remnants of the WB pirates in a war and became a Yonko. He’s the only pirate with two crazy fruits one nullifies all Devil fruit abilities while the other one has the power to destroy the world.

But he gets disrespected as if he’s not going to be top 3 all time with Luffy Imu and Roger.

He got clowned by characters like Magellan but that doesn’t matter because his Ws outweigh that. So what is it that people don’t like about BB? I think he’s a great villan.
Blackbeard moves like Luffy tbh….

I’m sorry bro no subordinate is going to ever be top 5 if Zoro is top 10 you should be happy.
I am sorry bro but Luffy will never ever be stronger than Zoro.
If Luffy is equal to Zoro at Wrestlemania you should be happy.

But now that my debate with @Yoho is done, if you truly think Luffy is shit, debate me Luffy vs Zoro. If you beat me I will change my take, if I win you change yours.