Le Fishe Thread Should the Ottoman Empire be revived?

I was thinking about the Israel Palestine conflict

And it occurred to me that this whole conflict only started because the Ottoman Empire fell and the British had no idea how to properly handle the ottoman territories.

for decades people have been debating solutions to the israel Palestine conflict. Most want a two state solution, some want a one state solution, but I have a bold new idea: what if we revive the Ottoman Empire?

I’m not really that knowledgeable on middle eastern history, but the ottoman period seemed to be a time when the region was strong. When it was united. Then the empire fell and now there has been war in the middle east for decades.

I know this is a satire topic but as a Turkish person, let me answer in detail. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, founder of Republic of Turkey, fought for the freedom of the people after Ottoman Empire was abolished and the land was divided between British, French, Italian and Greek forces. Not only did he regain the land and reject/abolish treaty of Sevres (a literal death certificate for Turkish population in Anatolia and Balkans), he made many reforms such as granting women the right to vote and be elected for the parliament, revision of the education system, changing the official alphabet to Latin alphabet, seperating religion from the governing body, abolishing the caliphate etc. In essence, he modernized/Westernized the state (as much as he could in span of 15 years before he passed away), built amicable relationships with Western countries unlike Ottoman Empire and saved Turkish population from a terrible fate.
This is the reason why Turkish people do not show any interest in returning back to Ottoman Empire. The concept of “glory days” are not worth screwing up everything he ever fought for.

I know this is a satire topic but as a Turkish person, let me answer in detail. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, founder of Republic of Turkey, fought for the freedom of the people after Ottoman Empire was abolished and the land was divided between British, French, Italian and Greek forces. Not only did he regain the land and reject/abolish treaty of Sevres (a literal death certificate for Turkish population in Anatolia and Balkans), he made many reforms such as granting women the right to vote and be elected for the parliament, revision of the education system, changing the official alphabet to Latin alphabet, seperating religion from the governing body, abolishing the caliphate etc. In essence, he modernized/Westernized the state (as much as he could in span of 15 years before he passed away), built amicable relationships with Western countries unlike Ottoman Empire and saved Turkish population from a terrible fate.
This is the reason why Turkish people do not show any interest in returning back to Ottoman Empire. The concept of “glory days” are not worth screwing up everything he ever fought for.
You mean « Kemalist people » but half of the Turks nowadays are insane religious people licking Erdogan’s asshole
Post automatically merged:

This was a satire post if you didn’t guess, but nonetheless I feel like this thread would be a bit remiss if I didn’t at least mention that things weren’t exactly perfect during the ottoman period

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Ottoman_genocides
Very thin Wikipedia page to be honest. And yes the end of the empire dynasty ended in a huge bloodshed.

You, sir, just suggested theb start of World War 3.
Not necessarily. Obviously I personally couldn’t care less about idiotic pan Turkish ideas. But « what if the Osman Dynasty hadn’t fallen » is a fun question that was answered by many fiction novel authors

Last edited:
You mean « Kemalist people » but half of the Turks nowadays are insane religious people licking Erdogan’s asshole

Very thin Wikipedia page to be honest. And yes the end of the empire dynasty ended in a huge bloodshed.

Not necessarily. Obviously I personally couldn’t care less about idiotic pan Turkish ideas. But « what if the Osman Dynasty hadn’t fallen » is a fun question that was answered by many fiction novel authors
while I do agree with your statement, significant portion of even those ass lickers do not want to go back to caliphate/sharia. Additionally, a significant portion (up to half) of the people who vote for Erdogan vote for him because the opposition is so horribly bad and they cannot find any alternative candidates to vote for. I have voted for the opposition all my life and I have no interest in religion getting shoved down my throat, however, I see the point of those people too. Opposition had been extremely incompetent for the last 25 years and continues to do so, they are never going to win until a whole generation of adults die (25-30 years).

Slavic people, they used to kidnap Slavic children, brainwash them and turn them into Janissaries and then send em fight more Slavic people

My people (Croatians) fought turks for 400-500 years, so many of my ancestors died to that imperialist jihadist bullshit
To think that there are people who see Janissaries are great elite soldiers to be proud of is beyond belief.

while I do agree with your statement, significant portion of even those ass lickers do not want to go back to caliphate/sharia. Additionally, a significant portion (up to half) of the people who vote for Erdogan vote for him because the opposition is so horribly bad and they cannot find any alternative candidates to vote for. I have voted for the opposition all my life and I have no interest in religion getting shoved down my throat, however, I see the point of those people too. Opposition had been extremely incompetent for the last 25 years and continues to do so, they are never going to win until a whole generation of adults die (25-30 years).
What do you mean opposition did a terrible job for 25 to 30 years ? It’s literally the amount of time Erdogan has been president/PM.