Questions & Mysteries Why is Luffy not the next Strongest Creature?

It’s the same general reasoning that Blackbeard isn’t the WSM for killing Whitebeard (Albeit Luffy’s feat was vastly more impressive).

16 people played a role in the defeat of Kaido, some more, some less. Luffy did the most of the work, but he didn’t do it alone.
Scabbards, rookies, Yamato and who else

In a way Kaido was beaten by a lot of people ganging on him even if it was Luffy who did the trick in the end. Also Luffy will not get that monicker because Oda has to keep him as underdog as possible despite everything.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Ikr public doesn't care about Yamato, scabbard etc involvement
Exactly, that's precisely what I'm saying. The final result is what matters, and the events that occurred, even though they have a significant impact on the final outcome, are disregarded.

Because they are pirates, concepts of "honor" don't hold much weight. Who cares if Ace was nearly dead in Impel Down and then confronted Akainu and got killed in Marineford? Who cares if Whitebeard was old and sick before heading into battle? Who cares if Zoro had a massive injury before facing Arlong?

The only thing that matters is who landed the final blow and defeated the opponent. People don't focus on the "how they were defeated","And why".
A concrete example of this is Buggy becoming a Yonko. Lmao

As others have said, it’s because it was just hearsay created specifically for hype for Wano saga. Oda has simply forgotten about it now that we’ve moved on from Wano.

Kaido's title is weird. If it only includes creatures , it doesn't even matter as most creatures are garbage in world of one piece. Zunisha aside most creatures are not even above commanders.

Also Kaido has been called WSP , WSM in both manga and in SBS. More than likely WSC = WSM 2.0

As for why luffy isn't called one is mostly plot. Oda wants him to be underdog.
Post automatically merged:

I think oda initially wanted Kaido to be WSC but later changed his mind and simply shifted to him being called as WSM. Hence referring him as WSM in SBS and in manga by zoro and WSP by killer. Kaido is never mentioned as WSC in wano iirc.

Last edited:
F

Foul Legacy

I think oda initially wanted Kaido to be WSC but later changed his mind and simply shifted to him being called as WSM. Hence referring him as WSM in SBS and in manga by zoro and WSP by killer. Kaido is never mentioned as WSC in wano iirc.
That"s quite an observation there
:bamathink:

Kaido's title is weird. If it only includes creatures , it doesn't even matter as most creatures are garbage in world of one piece. Zunisha aside most creatures are not even above commanders.

Also Kaido has been called WSP , WSM in both manga and in SBS. More than likely WSC = WSM 2.0

As for why luffy isn't called one is mostly plot. Oda wants him to be underdog.
Post automatically merged:

Didn’t realize that. Good catch

Goes to show how strong Kaidou really was

I am just curious
If Zoro becomes next Strongest Swordsman in the World after beating current Strongest Swordsman in the world.
Why doesn't that honor apply to Luffy after Beating Kaido?
Is it because his title isn't seen as indisputable in the world of One Piece?
Not saying anything to diss Kaido or anything but just curious..
Why don't people say "In 1v1 always bet on Luffy" now??
Isn't Luffy's Mythical Zoan fruit a HUMAN model?

C

CensoredbyWG

Because the title of pirate king is WAY more important than world strongest whatever hahahahaha

C

CensoredbyWG

If you are the old guy and you behave like this I feel bad for you

If you are the one who looks like a virgin whose forever in the friendzone..well..get out the friend zone lol
Why are you so obsessed with my dick? You have been riding me non stop all day long.

Because "Strongest Creature Alive" and "In a One on One fight" go hand in hand. Kaido has the reputation among the people of the World of being the strongest individual fighter there is. Until someone comes along and defeats him in a one on one fight, nobody will take that recognition.

He's lost 7 times in his life, and people still will bet on him in a one on one fight. Until someone can prove that otherwise, the people of the World won't change their perception of who the Strongest is.

I am just curious
If Zoro becomes next Strongest Swordsman in the World after beating current Strongest Swordsman in the world.
Why doesn't that honor apply to Luffy after Beating Kaido?
Is it because his title isn't seen as indisputable in the world of One Piece?
Not saying anything to diss Kaido or anything but just curious..
Why don't people say "In 1v1 always bet on Luffy" now??
In my opinion, because the WSC was abandoned by the plot (because wano sucks). When it started Kaido was talked about was it he was a THING, a monster and not a human.

His portrayal initially was almost of a cursed being:

Overall, the original image of Kaido was not of a strong man similar to whitebeard but of a thing that is too strong to take down even if he tries, with ships breaking, ropes snapping and so on. I honestly thought that he would be a creature like a dragon or something similar that took human form and not a devil fruit user. If you are a fan of mythology think about someone like Typhon (the serpent/dragon/giant thing that almost killed zeus).

In my opinion this was scrapped later on and this original appearance don't make sense with what he showed later. Even his suicide hobby was scrapped as if it never existed. Even his empire and islands were ignored in favor of wano.

Luffy didn't take the tittle because it stopped making sense when wano started.

C

CensoredbyWG

I asked you this twice because you behave like a complete fucking ass wipe with mental capacity of a 12 year old. And I am just curious how a grandpa can be this retarded
This obsession is weird af, i know its typical from zoro fans to obsess over men, but i give it a break.

Also, Luffy EoS: strongest character ever in verse.