General & Others Why has One Piece failed so miserably in the West?

One Piece is by far the most popular manga worldwide, but for some reason it isn’t that popular in the west. One Piece isn’t even 10% as popular as Naruto and Dragon Ball are in America, and even newer series like Demon Slayer, JJK, Chainsaw Man, and MHA are more popular than One Piece.

Why did One Piece never take off in the West?

One Piece is by far the most popular manga worldwide, but for some reason it isn’t that popular in the west. One Piece isn’t even 10% as popular as Naruto and Dragon Ball are in America, and even newer series like Demon Slayer, JJK, Chainsaw Man, and MHA are more popular than One Piece.

Why did One Piece never take off in the West?
Good question.I only got into One piece at age 17,while Naruto i watched as a kid.I have no idea why that is the case.I always wondered that myself.

Shit anime adaptation. Naruto and Bleach were 100x better on that end therefore were more popular because of it

can’t blame kids for tuning out when in one hand you have this dated ass look while in the other you had Gaara vs Lee and Ichigo vs Byakuya
I liked pre-skip OP animation better than post-skip.I think the early animation was fine. Mihawk vs Zoro was pretty cool. Arlong Park was amazing too.

The 4Kids dub played a huge part. I was nine years old when I first watched it, and even I knew it was ass. Also Oda's artstyle isn't exactly the most appealing to look at, I mean Naruto, DBZ, Bleach are just cooler to watch. Also most in the west seem to prefer their shonen to be more actiony and serious than whacky/goofy like One Piece is.

I know naruto and DB are more popular but any proof other series are more popular?
Just look at meme culture. JJK memes have taken over the Internet. When was the last time that a One Piece meme ever trended? People thought that G5 would break the Internet, but no one really cared about it.

And anecdotally speaking, most of my irl friends have watched JJK, but only one of them has watched OP

Just look at meme culture. JJK memes have taken over the Internet. When was the last time that a One Piece meme ever trended? People thought that G5 would break the Internet, but no one really cared about it.

And anecdotally speaking, most of my irl friends have watched JJK, but only one of them has watched OP
That doesn't mean JJK is more popular bro.

Shit anime adaptation. Naruto and Bleach were 100x better on that end therefore were more popular because of it

can’t blame kids for tuning out when in one hand you have this dated ass look while in the other you had Gaara vs Lee and Ichigo vs Byakuya
Basically no one in the west watches Bleach either though. I haven’t even seen it yet