Versus Battle Is Pain vs Itachi a debate?

Pain wins 9/10 times imo.

Only way itachi wins if tsukiyomi works against all paths of pain even if one pain gets hit by it as all the paths are linked by vision,

Also no nagato's rinnegan hasn't shown resistance to genjutsu. Madara even has to switch from rinnegan to ems for genjutsu iirc.
But we also see sasuke use genjutsu with rinnegan so maybe thats the way madara prefers or mayeb he is more trained with the Sharingan

from itachi vs sasuke we learn that you either gotta have eyes as strong as itach ( or stronger ) or be skilled enough with your eyes to see through his tsukiyomi... which in pain's case he is skilled AND has stronger eyes

But we also see sasuke use genjutsu with rinnegan so maybe thats the way madara prefers or mayeb he is more trained with the Sharingan

from itachi vs sasuke we learn that you either gotta have eyes as strong as itach ( or stronger ) or be skilled enough with your eyes to see through his tsukiyomi... which in pain's case he is skilled AND has stronger eyes
--Sasuke's rinnegan is different. His sharingan is fused with rinnegan unlike madara's.

--He was talking about sharingan though. The fact madara had to switch proves that madara's rinnegan doesn't posses genjutsu abilities imo.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It's a very real debate, especially when you argue on a "Healthy" Itachi. It's not a hidden bit of subtext that Zetsu repeatedly gassed up Itachi beyond Pein's level of hype despite seeing Pein fight in the same arc.

Itachi's faster than Pein, he typically has better jutsu, he's more intelligent as well.

I'd argue that a Healthy Itachi beats Pein 7/10 times. A Sick Itachi gets close to 50/50.

It's a very real debate, especially when you argue on a "Healthy" Itachi. It's not a hidden bit of subtext that Zetsu repeatedly gassed up Itachi beyond Pein's level of hype despite seeing Pein fight in the same arc.

Itachi's faster than Pein, he typically has better jutsu, he's more intelligent as well.

I'd argue that a Healthy Itachi beats Pein 7/10 times. A Sick Itachi gets close to 50/50.
:seriously:

How is itachi beating pain other than potential tsukiyomi GG? Pain can simply spam summonings which will overwhelm itachi at one point. Even healthy itachi has limit on amaterasu spam and susanoo.

Unless by healthy itachi u mean Edo itachi who can spam susanoo and MS abilitys tf are u saying

I agree with most of this, bold a reach tho. Pain takes that probably 7-10 times. Itachi going to be more problematic then jiraiya. Who arguably almost won. But his sick version doesn’t have the stamina tho. An eventually gets overwhelmed.

nagato clears healthy Itachi tho.

I agree with most of this, bold a reach tho. Pain takes that probably 7-10 times. Itachi going to be more problematic then jiraiya. Who arguably almost won. But his sick version doesn’t have the stamina tho. An eventually gets overwhelmed.

nagato clears healthy Itachi tho.
Jiraiya had to run from pain who was only using 3 paths. Had to use an unorthodox genjutsu to beat 3 paths. Jiraiya would get stomped against all 6 paths at once.

Is it?
Itachi's genjutsu most likely wont work on well trained rinnegan
Amaterasu gets absorbed
Itachi's only hope is his "Invincible" susanoo, but how long can he really use it? Is it evern enough to defeat Pain?
Jiraya caught Pain in a genjutsu. Tsukyuomi and other genjustu are a 100% working.
Post automatically merged:

Jiraiya had to run from pain who was only using 3 paths. Had to use an unorthodox genjutsu to beat 3 paths. Jiraiya would get stomped against all 6 paths at once.
He did kill one them when going 1v6 after losing his arm though...

Kakashi needed help from choji and his father and still failed so...
I know,i'm just saying Kakashi can do the head hunting stuff on solid ground and Jiraya never did such jutsu. Anyway,i think people underestimate how smart Itachi is. Even sick he is taking out a couple of Pain bodies,with prep time and intel he probably wins.Dude,negged Rinnegan shared vision with Kunais lol

Is it?
Itachi's genjutsu most likely wont work on well trained rinnegan
Amaterasu gets absorbed
Itachi's only hope is his "Invincible" susanoo, but how long can he really use it? Is it evern enough to defeat Pain?
Only reason I never gave a conclusion on this is because we Never saw Itachi full potential , bro is limited by his sick disease and Backlash of Mangekyou Sharingan , He doesn't have Eternal.
If he used Shisui Sharingan , then I can Comfortably debate Itachi fighting Pain but as of now , Pain takes the win.