General & Others Zoro or Sanji? Who is a better leader

Who is the better leader

• Total voters
What's next? Who is a better cook? Who is a better kicker? Who is a better navigator LOL?:laughmoji::laughmoji:
Anyway, Sanji is obviously a better leader than Zoro since he's very wise in making decision and making sure that the other SH are safe.:kayneshrug:

I think both have certain qualities but if I had to pick I'd say Sanji.

Sure, Zoro is strong and has a lot of willpower, but he's not the smartest and isn't as good when it comes to strategy and tactics. And I don't think he would want to be a leader, he feels sort of like he does what he wants and if people follow him, he thinks it's nice but he would not care much if they end up being disappointed.

Sanji was said to be rather the strategist and he already performed plans such as in Alabasta for example. Though he's got disadvantages such as his perverted side (as visible on Onigashima currently) but overall I think he would be suited more and also would try to be one and do his best if it was necessary

There are different aspects to leadership and leadership can be defined in many ways but here are what I consider good qualities of leadership
-Utilitarian nature and working towards the greater good of your followers as a whole than for your own personal good
-Ability to inspire others
-Ability to be level headed in the times of crisis
-Being physically capable of protecting your followers (This applies in One Piece and many other fiction. In real world physical strength isn't that important due to all the technology and weapons).
-Having confidence to speak up even if what you are saying is controversial
-Being a good communicator

And I personally think Zoro is better than Sanji in all these aspects.

Utilitarianism
I think Zoro is better than Sanji at all these aspects as he has proven himself to be as utilitarian as possible giving away his dreams for protection of his captain and his crew in Thriller Bark despite having a great ambition himself and even a promise to himself. That is one of the biggest acts of selflessness we have seen in One Piece and it showed great deal of utilitarian mindset which in my opinion is optimal when it comes to leadership. Sure Sanji was willing to die himself but did he really have as much to loose as Zoro?

I don't think so as Sanji's desire towards pursuing his ambition has been very shallow to the point where he so casually revealed his real ambition is to stalk naked girls and then said his real ambition is see mermaid princess and doesn't care if he dies after that. So yes while Sanji did indeed show selfless spirit as life is very important and it takes great deal of selflessness to give it away, it doesn't compare to Zoro not only throwing away his life but his ambition he worked for throughout his life, his promise to his dead friend and everything he worked for. Not to mention there are clear moments where Sanji let his personal desires take over his ability to think of a greater good such as not hitting Khalifa in Enies Lobby despite Nico Robins life being on the line. Or more recently him deciding to go to Whole Cake Island because he wanted to clear the air with Vinsmoke Judge instead of thinking about the bigger picture and putting his crew before his own personal desires and realizing the gravity of invading an Emperor (Kaido's) territory.

Ability to inspire others
Zoro has again and again shown ability to inspire others same way as Luffy has due to his willpower and his dedication towards his ambition. Since we are comparing Sanji's leadership to Zoro, it must be noted one of the biggest reasons why Sanji even joined was because he was impressed by Zoro's overwhelming desire to pursue his ambition and even throwing away his life for it. On top of it, Luffy's ambition and his dedication to get Sanji also helped.

On top of it Zoro made entire country of Dressrosa follow his lead stopping the birdcage, that included grand fleet, a marine admiral and 2 samurais from Wano. That panel of everyone working together in Zoro's lead was very similar to Whitebeard's commanders following Luffy's lead in Marine Ford. Sure they were working towards a goal that benefits them as well but so were Whitebeard pirates as they all wanted to save Ace. But it doesn't change the fact that both Luffy and Zoro were as the forefront. Sanji himself has ability to inspire others but not nearly on the level of Luffy and Zoro.
Ability to be level headed in Crisis
While both Zoro and Sanji are very level headed, Zoro has been more highlighted as level headed due to moments like these. Where as everyone else is either fighting or going crazy due to heat, Zoro showed level headedness and gave everyone assurance like a leader should. What was Sanji doing in all this?
Also in Water 7 Zoro was highlighted as the voice of reason sitting Nami and Luffy (quartermaster and captain) down and make them realize the situation and think of the consequences instead of jumping head first in lion's den.

-Being physically capable of protecting your followers (This applies in One Piece and many other fiction. In real world physical strength isn't that important due to all the technology and weapons).

Not much to be said here. Zoro beats the shit outta Sanji 10/10 times. Raid Suit raised the difficulty from mid diff to high diff. And then Zoro got massive boost that made Sanji shit his own pants.

-Having confidence to speak up even if what you are saying is controversial
There is where Zoro beats Sanji every single time. While Sanji may have social intelligence of Zoro to be aware of what is the right thing to do (sometime Sanji doesn't even have that), he really doesn't speak up like a leader should.
In Water 7 although Sanji agreed with Zoro regarding not letting Usopp in without apology, he wasn't the first to speak up, it was Zoro and Sanji only agreed with Zoro.
It was Zoro who told Chopper to go inside if he can't see what is going on and not Sanji. Talking about Chopper, while Chopper was crying like a lil bitch, it was Zoro who made him realize what it is like to be a pirate in Foxy Arc and not Sanji.

Oda also had Zoro give Luffy that speech in Punk Hazard and not Sanji and Zoro give that speech on Kaido (Granted Sanji wasn't there but it is still one of those moments when Zoro's ability to look at things rationally and speak up despite what he says is controversial).
-Being a good communicator
Zoro wins this one by the land slide lmao. No one will question Zoro's ability to be a great and charismatic communicator. He has some of the best speeches in One Piece, making people change there minds through his words effectively. He changed Choppers mind in a minute when he made him realize what it is like to be a pirate in Foxy arc. He changed Kinnemon and Kanjuros mind when he was stopping the bird cage. Mihawk changing his mind was also due to Zoro's words regarding his ambition and his desire to pursue it. Zoro changed Luffy's and Nami's mind regarding Usopp in Water 7.

Every time Zoro is giving a serious speech, people listen and his speeches either move somebody deeply or they change someone's mind. That is a great sign of a leader.

A bonus to this all is Oda himself wanting Zoro to be seen as superior leader with people often confusing him as a captain or wondering why he isn't a captain while he has never done that for Sanji. Hell no one has even confused Sanji as Vice Captain of the crew let alone the captain.

I hope I changed a few minds as well lmao

@Admiral Lee Hung @TheAncientCenturion @Kiwipom @Den_Den_Mushi @Owl Ki @Beerbottle @HA001 @Erkan12 @Jo_Ndule @Light D Lamperouge @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Chrono @True God Moe
I can counter argue it with this:
Sanji keeps the mood of the crew and motivates them if it's necessary, just like a real leader.

Sanji keeps Luffy under control

Sanji organizes the crew, has a plan and leads the crew when Luffy and Zoro fu"k around.

Sanji again keeps the mood of the crew and explains to Jinbe why they got to fight.

Sanji does the same in Alabasta

Sanji confronts Law realizing that he has an agenda.

Sanji again keeps the mood of the crew and explains Choper the situation.

In absence of Captain Sanji takes control of the crew and and makes calm decisions when Nami and Brook were in panicking because of Big Mom's ship.

Sanji again argonizes the crew, he has a plan and leads the crew and even Franky who wasn't a crew member back then excepts Sanji's authority.

Sanji understands the situation very well and gives Choper specific orders and he also has a plan as always.

And little bit more of Sanji's leadership

Whoever voted for Zoro is just delusional :milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Sanji keeps the mood of the crew and motivates them if it's necessary, just like a real leader.

Sanji organizes the crew, has a plan and leads the crew when Luffy and Zoro fu"k around.

Sanji again keeps the mood of the crew and explains to Jinbe why they got to fight.

In absence of Captain Sanji takes control of the crew and and makes calm decisions when Nami and Brook were in panicking because of Big Mom's ship.

Sanji again argonizes the crew, he has a plan and leads the crew and even Franky who wasn't a crew member back then excepts Sanji's authority.

Sanji understands the situation very well and gives Choper specific orders and he also has a plan as always.

I can't see most of these awesome images :josad:

Last edited:

for some reason i can only see the last image

The constant need to compare the two in absolutely everything is unsettling, but I guess it's what you'd expect nowadays.

That said, I'd lean slightly in favour of Sanji, but either would be great. It'd actually be interesting if someone like Robin had the opportunity to lead.