Theres gags and then theres shit that doesnt make sense. Oda made Buggy these things because it doesnt actually harm the plot in any such fashion. I promise you, the moment the focus of PK happens between Luffy, Blackbeard and Shanks (in the least) is when Buggy's gag ends on this, because its been stated time and time again that PK is needed in order for Luffy to accomplish his dream. You take that away, the story immediately does not make sense.
Buggy’s role in the story is literally as luffys rival who has grown side by side with luffy and fought with him side by side during his worst moments.

Once Luffy becomes Pirate King Buggy’s growing with him to King of the World. It’s not just a gag; it’s Buggy’s role in the story.

Theres gags and then theres shit that doesnt make sense. Oda made Buggy these things because it doesnt actually harm the plot in any such fashion. I promise you, the moment the focus of PK happens between Luffy, Blackbeard and Shanks (in the least) is when Buggy's gag ends on this, because its been stated time and time again that PK is needed in order for Luffy to accomplish his dream. You take that away, the story immediately does not make sense.
I think you need to respect the buggy speech. That was the turning point for his character. He's not treating himself like a joke anymore. He actually wants to get the one piece and thinks he can do it. I would not be surprised if Buggy has conquerors haki.

Do you even understand the shit you're saying?

Firat you say zoro vs mihawk is not important to main plot of op
But then you say oda will make a davyback fight arc for poneglyph that CG don't even have just so that Zoro vs Mihawk can happen.

If its not important, why even have a seperate arc to make that fight happen?
Do you understand how contradictory you sound?
Really? So no arc has ever happened without it being necessary for main plot at all?

What the fuck did arcs like LRLL contribute to main plot?

And who says it will be a completely seperate arc? It will be part of some upcoming arc.

You're making purposely logical sense

but we've already had a quote in the manga from Buggy about how 'he's going to be a warlord, then a Yonko, then become the Pirate King'

at this point I worry Oda is more obssessed with keeping up gags then logical sense to them

cause when you look at nearly every other other gag recently it shows similar patterns

Nah bro you don't understand. Buggy is gonna climb the one piece corporate ladder and become PK and the the King of the World cause Luck

Oda is totally gonna invalidate his Mc's dreams just to make his deuteragonist's dream have more weight.
Zoro isn't deuteragonist of the series its not fucking sasuke and naruto or goku and vegeta, there is a protagonist called luffy and the rest are main characters

but we've already had a quote in the manga from Buggy about how 'he's going to be a warlord, then a Yonko, then become the Pirate King'

at this point I worry Oda is more obssessed with keeping up gags then logical sense to them

cause when you look at nearly every other other gag recently it shows similar patterns

Oda literally foreshadows the entire Cross Guild in the last panel

I have 0 doubts that there is going to be some bullshit about the whole world thinking Buggy is the new pirate king not Luffy

Hell buggy straight up told luffy that if luffy becomes the King, then Buggy will become a God…

Like people acting like it’s out of nowhere when Buggy becoming the king of the world has been hinted at for years.

Buggy is a great joke but let's not pretend he hasn't been set up to get a huge power boost. We all know that buggy with haki and awakening is immediately a potential top tier and now that he's talking about being king of the pirates and getting the one piece and making guys like Mihawk shocked that he has the balls to want to fight the other yonko, he's probably actually going to get it.