Spoiler One Piece Chapter 984 Spoilers Discussion

Who will Yamato-Chan fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bogard already talked about this in another thread: "In his youth at least, he used to be more calculative, but now he is completely reckless while under pressure, reminiscing a bit of Ace once again. Just look at his reaction while infiltrating the reverie with other revos telling him to calm down, but not wanting to listen and opting for a "do or die" scenario to save Kuma even though Dragon wasn't even personally involved in the mission yet "
@Bold, and Bogard is wrong on that, not only in his description in the difference between young Sabo & adult Sabo, but even in describing the event that happened.

- He's still calculating as before, hence he's leading cp-0-esque missions where he goes around with a small unit. Only times he chose to be "reckless" is.. well never actually.

Ahh Sabo getting mad at seeing his mentor being treated like a slave, isn't really much different from young Sabo:

Him coming to help out Luffy or taking on Fujitora to keep him away from Luffy isn't any different than this:

So yea.. not much of a change in adult Sabo & young Sabo, not sure which young Sabo they saw when they talk about him being a completely different character now. Maybe y'all got Trafalgar Law confused with Sabo, idk.

As for the events at the Reverie.. he didn't "opt" for anything. Their mission was to save Kuma, that's it. It didn't become their mission after they got there, it was already their mission from the beginning.. and they were there to carry it out. The "do or die" line was a line about the immense threat that was there at Mariejois if they were to gotten caught, with the CP0 & Marine HQ being all there.

You didn't see him rush at Charloss when you saw Kuma, did you? No. Rather he met up with the rest of the RA commanders and they discussed the plan they were going to execute to rescue Kuma. Exactly what part of that is not calculating?

@Bold, and Bogard is wrong on that, not only in his description in the difference between young Sabo & adult Sabo, but even in describing the event that happened.

- He's still calculating as before, hence he's leading cp-0-esque missions where he goes around with a small unit. Only times he chose to be "reckless" is.. well never actually.

Ahh Sabo getting mad at seeing his mentor being treated like a slave, isn't really much different from young Sabo:

Him coming to help out Luffy or taking on Fujitora to keep him away from Luffy isn't any different than this:

So yea.. not much of a change in adult Sabo & young Sabo, not sure which young Sabo they saw when they talk about him being a completely different character now.

As for the events at the Reverie.. he didn't "opt" for anything. Their mission was to save Kuma, that's it. It didn't become their mission after they got there, it was already their mission from the beginning.. and they were there to carry it out. The "do or die" line was a line about the immense threat that was there at Mariejois if they were to gotten caught, with the CP0 & Marine HQ being all there.
pretty much fax

M

MD Zolo

Ace grew up without parents and had his own existence condemned for being the son of a demon. Since a child he struggled with this one question: did I deserve to be born? Ace didn't just wish for freedom, he craved for being accepted. His true ambition had a big meaning behind it. He craved for having his own existence to be validated, that was the question of his life and was what he aimed to answer, what he searched to find and what made him so relatable for the readers. On top of that, Marineford was a poetic fitting for him as a character, for it was when he truly got his answer: he was indeed loved by people who would willingly die in order to save him. And in his last breaths, after seeing Luffy along with his crew mates fight for him, after realizing that he got his life-time question answered, he dies saying: "thank you... for loving me!!". Your argument here makes no fucking sense.

Tha fuck is this argument about? How in hell does this make him a better character than Ace? And no, he didn't set up anything nor was he the guide. They just decided to set sail at 17 as Sabo proposed and that's it, I don't even know how and why you thought about this as a big deal. And that doesn't make him a better character at all LOL

Do you realize that Ace NEVER even had the chance to meet his family, right? So that's kinda a different comparasion here. But tell me, what his family was? Oh, he abhored the man who put him into the world KNOWING that he would be chased down by the entire world and hated for its own existence, what a shame. He loved his mother though. And again, what kind of arguments are you trying to make? Your first sentence is ok, but the rest of it.. what?? Your criteria to evaluate a well-written character just makes no sense.

WTF are you talking about, he is just like Ace on this issue (and in many other as well, as the good rip-off that he is)

@Bogard already talked about this in another thread: "In his youth at least, he used to be more calculative, but now he is completely reckless while under pressure, reminiscing a bit of Ace once again. Just look at his reaction while infiltrating the reverie with other revos telling him to calm down, but not wanting to listen and opting for a "do or die" scenario to save Kuma even though Dragon wasn't even personally involved in the mission yet "

To finish this, here goes some more interesting quotes that I liked on the other thread and representes what I think about this matter, enjoy the read:
Firstly, you didn't disprove my point, in fact you have given me another point. Sabo craved freedom more than Ace. While Ace craved approval more than freedom. That alone makes Sabo a better character in my opinion. Sabo doesn't care what others think of him, Ace does. It is the same with Luffy. Luffy doesn't care what others think of him either.

It was Sabo who wanted to sail as a free man when he becomes one at 17. Ace just did what what Sabo wanted. Of course, I am not saying Ace didn't want to sail, but Sabo is the one who made the decision. Ace was all talk in regard.

Sabo has never been portrayed as hot-headed. This is the kind of nonsense that those Ace fans and Sabo-haters who never cared for Sabo would say.

ok what i seem to dont understand is why does it matter that yamato is a dude and he bodied a girl dont see a problem with it.... but i get the haynna mask is associated with females aswell but in some cases in fiction i see dudes wearing it
Meh, it's probably just for variety.

Big mom's best kids are her sons. Whitebeard had a crew of sons. Shanks apparently has a son. Edward Weevil exists.

Oda had to add some variety and give kaido a daughter instead

ok since spoiler are probably not gonna come out until pretty late tonight i'll just give my two piece on why i thought kiku was still female one the inconsistency in how the character is shown now kawamatsu mentioned the first time he saw him he replies with "you didnt change at all " which implies kiku always looked like this which we know from the oden flash backs right? but at the same time no one knew what kiku looked like which implies its either they forgot or she just straight has the mask on but she didnt have on a mask on their meeting sukayake but i would assume she wears the mask after and l considering wano inspiration from japanese culture and it was a thing that women couldnt be warriors well it was like that for most of the world tbh but i'll go on so i assumed there still is something but its more a of a theory it is entirely also to address the im a woman at heart its more like kiku personality completely changes when she puts on the mask so i assume its like some personality disorder . honestly idk

Status
Not open for further replies.