Spoiler One Piece Chapter 984 Spoilers Discussion

Who will Yamato-Chan fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Alot of OJ users came over here, But some went their separate ways, Some joined another Forum- Thriller Bark I think?
Some are probably just on the discord, not even bothering with the Forums anymore.
Is Discord any good?
I'm an old Teamspeak wanker and I have a hard time when someone asks me to join the discord server for something.

Firstly, you didn't disprove my point, in fact you have given me another point. Sabo craved freedom more than Ace. While Ace craved approval more than freedom. That alone makes Sabo a better character in my opinion. Sabo doesn't care what others think of him, Ace does. It is the same with Luffy. Luffy doesn't care what others think of him either.

It was Sabo who wanted to sail as a free man when he becomes one at 17. Ace just did what what Sabo wanted. Of course, I am not saying Ace didn't want to sail, but Sabo is the one who made the decision. Ace was all talk in regard.

Sabo has never been portrayed as hot-headed. This is the kind of nonsense that those Ace fans and Sabo-haters who never cared for Sabo would say.
My point wasn't to say that Ace craved more freedom than Sabo LOL

You were trying to say that Sabo was a better character than Ace because he searched for freedom no doubt, but when did "search for freedom" became a thing to define well-written characters? See how your arguments makes no sense?

Yes, Ace craved approval more than freedom, and that's exactly where lays the beauty of his character. I've already explained this to you in my first reply.

"Ace just did what Sabo wanted" dude stop with the headcanon... as far as I remember both Sabo and Ace were planning to become pirates and even saving money for buying the ship, no? What decision Sabo made? To tell them they would set sail at 17? Can you tell me the chapter number so that I can see this "decision" of his? And again, in WHAT way does he saying an age for them to set sail make him a better or worse character? C'mon

"Sabo has never been portrayed as hot-headed" are you reading the same manga that I? Chapter 908, go check it out

I'll even repeat my comment for you to read again, it's not that hard to get it:
"In his youth at least, he used to be more calculative, but now he is completely reckless while under pressure, reminiscing a bit of Ace once again. Just look at his reaction while infiltrating the reverie with other revos telling him to calm down, but not wanting to listen and opting for a "do or die" scenario to save Kuma even though Dragon wasn't even personally involved in the mission yet "

M

MD Zolo

My point wasn't to say that Ace craved more freedom than Sabo LOL

You were trying to say that Sabo was a better character than Ace because he searched for freedom no doubt, but when did "search for freedom" became a thing to define well-written characters? See how your arguments makes no sense?

Yes, Ace craved approval more than freedom, and that's exactly where lays the beauty of his character. I've already explained this to you in my first reply.

"Ace just did what Sabo wanted" dude stop with the headcanon... as far as I remember both Sabo and Ace were planning to become pirates and even saving money for buying the ship, no? What decision Sabo made? To tell them they would set sail at 17? Can you tell me the chapter number so that I can see this "decision" of his? And again, in WHAT way does he saying an age for them to set sail make him a better or worse character? C'mon

"Sabo has never been portrayed as hot-headed" are you reading the same manga that I? Chapter 908, go check it out

I'll even repeat my comment for you to read again, it's not that hard to get it:
"In his youth at least, he used to be more calculative, but now he is completely reckless while under pressure, reminiscing a bit of Ace once again. Just look at his reaction while infiltrating the reverie with other revos telling him to calm down, but not wanting to listen and opting for a "do or die" scenario to save Kuma even though Dragon wasn't even personally involved in the mission yet "
Answer me this: If Ace craved approval and Sabo craved freedom, who among the two wanted to sail the world as a free man. For all we know, it was Sabo who wanted to be free and Ace followed.

And somebody who requires other's approval is by no means a better character than somebody who doesn't. Specially in a manga like One Piece where craving for freedom triumphs craving for approval. Ifapproval was the main thing of the manga, then Luffy would be a marine and not a pirate.

Ace never had conviction. He gave up on trying to be the Pirate King to make WB pirate King instead. Sabo doesn't conviction at all. He is doing all he can to do what he has to.

And I read Chapter 908. That wasn't hot-headed. Hot-headed is when you get angry at smack-talk and destroy everything your father and family worked their life for to give to you.

Answer me this: If Ace craved approval and Sabo craved freedom, who among the two wanted to sail the world as a free man. For all we know, it was Sabo who wanted to be free and Ace followed.

And somebody who requires other's approval is by no means a better character than somebody who doesn't. Specially in a manga like One Piece where craving for freedom triumphs craving for approval. Ifapproval was the main thing of the manga, then Luffy would be a marine and not a pirate.

Ace never had conviction. He gave up on trying to be the Pirate King to make WB pirate King instead. Sabo doesn't conviction at all. He is doing all he can to do what he has to.

And I read Chapter 908. That wasn't hot-headed. Hot-headed is when you get angry at smack-talk and destroy everything your father and family worked their life for to give to you.
Ace wanted to sail the world to prove himself. He didn't follow no shit, he had his own reasons as well as Sabo had his. Go read chapter 585. Got your answer?

This second paragraph of yours, my lord... Better character is about the writing, a character who seeks for approval can be better written than one who seeks for freedom, just like Ace and Sabo for example LOL, when will you get that?

Imagine thinking a character is better than the other for his believes, even though his character is all around lazy writing and plot conveniences?

Again, I've already explained to you what Ace's character is about. He giving up in being the pirate king and wanting to make WB instead isn't a signal of bad written character. You need to understand this first. You can say it is a signal of weakness, I'm ok with that, but weakness doesn't make any character bad. If you think otherwise go and create a Gary Stu then, let's see how that plays out. Ace's ambition, his TRUE ambition, was to answer this question: did I deserve to be born? And he didn't find the answer to this question as a captain, but he found being a WB pirate. See how he giving up in trying to be the pirate king isn't a signal of bad written character at all? Rather the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.