[FNZ] Super Role Madness Re:Zero: Starting Life in Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
No, as scum she would probably back off given it’s clear my thread position is strong and her accusation was weak - she did actually retract it too. I retracted my read as well fwiw, but I fail to see what makes her townie in this.
This doesn't really work either - if your thread position is as unassailable as you present it as, then it begs the question why she would even bother with this in the first place. If she's going to back away, it would be to ingratiate herself with you and the "town core" that is forming, which she hasn't really made any attempt to do.

Uh, no, she didn't:

She explicitly states that the read is on hold - pending ISO. She offered some consideration for how it could be wrong, but she hasn't flipped it or conceded it, she's instead holding it until it can be further informed. As scum, she wouldn't really care about further informing it, and could easily have just used the fact you gave thoughts elsewhere as an avenue to pivot away, which she hasn't taken. That's what is Townie - her decision making reconciles more easily as a townie that wants to flesh out their read, versus scum that wants to farm you for content.
Read being on hold I equate to me being null until further reconsideration which is backing off given you can iso me and “find” me either way. You’re constructing a NAI thing as town ai which is really dumb. And yes, she has pivoted by virtue of unvoting me and making my read a, inherintly blank slate, which she can then make whatever she wants as mafia or re eval as town.
Post automatically merged:

This doesn't really work either - if your thread position is as unassailable as you present it as, then it begs the question why she would even bother with this in the first place. If she's going to back away, it would be to ingratiate herself with you and the "town core" that is forming, which she hasn't really made any attempt to do.
Because at the time I just entered thread and I was getting FOSd
Every single one of your points either lacks consideration or just feels like a poor pocket attempt

Ratchet

@Ratchet want to be my business partner?
Sure.
Read being on hold I equate to me being null until further reconsideration which is backing off given you can iso me and “find” me either way. You’re constructing a NAI thing as town ai which is really dumb. And yes, she has pivoted by virtue of unvoting me and making my read a, inherintly blank slate, which she can then make whatever she wants as mafia or re eval as town.
On hold is not null. On hold is that she "holds" the read she has, pending evaluation. Also, this is patently not NAI - I'm not saying it's impossible to be faked, but I am arguing why it makes more sense for her posts to come from a town mindset over a scum one. Frankly, I'm not terribly interested as to whether you agree or not, beyond me wanting to avoid town clashing (in the event that you are town).

Unvoting isn't really a pivot - the crux of this discussion is around the read, and to suggest that Michelle wanting to compound her read on you is unreadable in terms of her alignment is frankly silly - just because something *can* be faked as scum, doesn't mean it can't be read into. I'd be surprised if Michelle is faking to this extent.

Given that you have me as Mafia though, I'm curious as to where your thought process has developed from this?

Sure.
On hold is not null. On hold is that she "holds" the read she has, pending evaluation. Also, this is patently not NAI - I'm not saying it's impossible to be faked, but I am arguing why it makes more sense for her posts to come from a town mindset over a scum one. Frankly, I'm not terribly interested as to whether you agree or not, beyond me wanting to avoid town clashing (in the event that you are town).

Unvoting isn't really a pivot - the crux of this discussion is around the read, and to suggest that Michelle wanting to compound her read on you is unreadable in terms of her alignment is frankly silly - just because something *can* be faked as scum, doesn't mean it can't be read into. I'd be surprised if Michelle is faking to this extent.

Given that you have me as Mafia though, I'm curious as to where your thought process has developed from this?
Yes, until she can reconsider aka: null aka: a blank slate. Unvoting might not be a pivot but Unvoting in addition to putting the read on hold shows very clearly that you want to re consider the read, not that you’re fleshing it out like you claim. There is nothing to be faked given there’s nothing town ai from it anyways.

your reads feel pockety and I don’t understand the town angle coming from them, feels like you’re being disengenuine and not actually considering my view in this conflict which feels like mafia wanting to go deeper into a pocket. All of the early towns you gave were gave Willy nilly with no quotes depth or elaboration.

Ratchet

Because at the time I just entered thread and I was getting FOSd
Every single one of your points either lacks consideration or just feels like a poor pocket attempt
You can't have it both ways - your thread position is either strong or it's weak. I haven't gone to see when these things occurred, so it's certainly possible that some nuance is lost on me, but if her attempt is to pile on initially, then once you push back, and the thread direction dies down against you, it would stand to reason that she would instead recant and move on, which she hasn't done. I will give you this - the onus is on her to provide this ISO, at which point I'm happy to circle back here.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
The only thing I'm guilty of is not kicking your ass sooner :beckmoji:

Alright, I’ll have you in the town pile for this, Mongrel.

unvote

I’m fine with Orw lynch as I don’t have any other good candidates outside of Gandonk and Luka, but I doubt I’ll get anywhere with that.
While the mech posts are handy, it feels like they’re trying a bit too hard.

And it comes off to me that they’re trying to play off ethos a lot.

So I guess my current reads are

Prof, Ratchet, Jaguark in my town

I feel JG’s response to me was townie too, so I’ll have her in TL for now.

Didnt read Michelle yet, so no comment.

Luka, Gamdonk, Orw are in the ant pile

Ratchet

Yes, until she can reconsider aka: null aka: a blank slate. Unvoting might not be a pivot but Unvoting in addition to putting the read on hold shows very clearly that you want to re consider the read, not that you’re fleshing it out like you claim. There is nothing to be faked given there’s nothing town ai from it anyways.

your reads feel pockety and I don’t understand the town angle coming from them, feels like you’re being disengenuine and not actually considering my view in this conflict which feels like mafia wanting to go deeper into a pocket. All of the early towns you gave were gave Willy nilly with no quotes depth or elaboration.
I mean, I said the reads were based off of post counts and relative engagement, so why would you expect them to be evidenced with quotes exactly?

I mean, I said the reads were based off of post counts and relative engagement, so why would you expect them to be evidenced with quotes exactly?
To know when exactly you got that read: I don’t think you make reads based off of post counts as town either. Also, originally I didn’t realize that every other read except Michelle was based off of post counts, which really doesn’t help my view on you.

Alright, I’ll have you in the town pile for this, Mongrel.

unvote

I’m fine with Orw lynch as I don’t have any other good candidates outside of Gandonk and Luka, but I doubt I’ll get anywhere with that.
While the mech posts are handy, it feels like they’re trying a bit too hard.

And it comes off to me that they’re trying to play off ethos a lot.

So I guess my current reads are

Prof, Ratchet, Jaguark in my town

I feel JG’s response to me was townie too, so I’ll have her in TL for now.

Didnt read Michelle yet, so no comment.

Luka, Gamdonk, Orw are in the ant pile
The only reason you gave for me being mafia is pushing yoho as an rvs vote for a bad question that doesn’t contribute to the game which is really funny. I think you can die.

You can't have it both ways - your thread position is either strong or it's weak. I haven't gone to see when these things occurred, so it's certainly possible that some nuance is lost on me, but if her attempt is to pile on initially, then once you push back, and the thread direction dies down against you, it would stand to reason that she would instead recant and move on, which she hasn't done. I will give you this - the onus is on her to provide this ISO, at which point I'm happy to circle back here.
It was weak when the game started. Then it was strong after I started posting. Yea, I can have it two ways since this is two different time periods. You’re misconstruxting what I said. And yes, she did “move on” given that she, once again, dropped her read on me by any sane man’s standards and voted Orwellian.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
This one is for Mango:

Debunking the Myth of Gilgameme:

Fate Route:
-Does nothing except cheap shot Medea as she's about to win
-Tries to NTR Shirou, gets his shit kicked in by Saber
-Dies

UBW:
-Does nothing except remove Herkek (an even bigger jobber)
-Can't even kill the weakest servant in the war
-Runs away to avoid fighting Saber
-Jobs to a teenage boy
-Dies

Heavens Feel:
-Gets eaten
-Dies

Your move, AUO
Zasshu

I’m only here for entertainment, I care not for the Holy Grail.
I enjoy watching the dogs barking at each others like the Mongrels they are

though.. I’ll admit, losing to a pretender was not expected

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
The only reason you gave for me being mafia is pushing yoho as an rvs vote for a bad question that doesn’t contribute to the game which is really funny. I think you can die.
Hmpf, Mongrel.
That’s you opinion.

I have only quoted you on that one specifically, sure, but that doesn’t mean I have given your performance a thought outside of it.

You’re quick to bark back, Mongrel

Ratchet

To know when exactly you got that read: I don’t think you make reads based off of post counts as town either. Also, originally I didn’t realize that every other read except Michelle was based off of post counts, which really doesn’t help my view on you.
Curious, what is that belief based off of? I think there are several players here in this game whose volume tends to be a tell of their alignment, and when it isn't, what they choose to engage with is (how interested are they in solving, driving activity, etc).

Hmpf, Mongrel.
That’s you opinion.

I have only quoted you on that one specifically, sure, but that doesn’t mean I have given your performance a thought outside of it.

You’re quick to bark back, Mongrel
Okay then flesh out your thoughts as opposed to opportunistically putting me in the mafia pile whenever flower drops her town on me and ratchet starts arguing with me since I dare to have an opinion

Ratchet

It was weak when the game started. Then it was strong after I started posting. Yea, I can have it two ways since this is two different time periods. You’re misconstruxting what I said. And yes, she did “move on” given that she, once again, dropped her read on me by any sane man’s standards and voted Orwellian.
Appeal to common sense.

You neglect to mention her stated progression - she felt your read on her came from OMGUS, and was vapid.

Status
Not open for further replies.