Current Events Sanji and the group will save Momo

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR CHAPTER 984

So Oda with all of this off screening and jumping around doesn't make it clear where characters are and how they got to that place. Not to mention we still haven't got a detailed map of Onigashima.
But from where the characters currently are, I think it won't make any sense if anyone from Luffy, Kid, Law, Marco, Zolo group saves Momo.
Let's start with:

Onigashima layout:

X- Kaido's Castle (goal)
Y- Performance floor
Z- Pleasure district

Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo starting location
Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo all started from performance floor (Y) location

Queen is also at performance hall (Y), running the show
Luffy later tells Kid that they should all head to the Kaido's castle (X)

Kaido, Orochi starting location
Kaido and Orochi starting location is Kaido's castle (X)
along with Momo, King, Jack, Black Maria, Kanjuro and Fukurokuju.

Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo current locations
So looks like they all successfully made it to Kaido's castle (X) while being off screen, but they split up.
Luffy fights P1 and Ulti inside the castle:

Zolo fighting gifters:
Kid with Killer:
But now we know that all of them made it to Kaido's castle (X)

Momonosuke's current location
We see Momo's execution will take place at performance floor (Y) and he's with Queen
This was the starting location of Luffy, Kid, Killer and Zolo and none of them know that Momo's execution is taking place at performance floor (Y)

Kaido, 3 Calamities, Orochi current location
In the latest chapter we see that Kaido, King, Jack, Orochi and Fukurokuju all made to the performance floor (Y), to Momo's execution and Queen's spot

Conclusion
Luffy and the group went from Performance floor ---> Kaido's castle
while
Kaido and the group went from Kaido's castle ---> Performance floor

Luffy's group doesn't know anything about execution nor it would make narrative sense for them to come back all this way.
So they can't be the one to save Momo.
I just have no idea what will they do inside the castle, the only powerful people there are: Maria, P1, Ulti, Kanjuro and maybe XDrake.

Who will save Momo?
We can see that Robin, Jinbei and Hyou group all made it to performance floor and are about to witness Momo's execution
Big Mom and Nami's group are also very close to performance floor
and Nami's group goal is to save Momo, so it's safe to say they also will play a role in Momo's rescue
And I think the key role in saving Momo will be- Sanji
Sanji's been mentioned a lot by Nami and how he disappeared. Oda is probably just setting up this as explanation why Sanji got there first.

Sanji is also best person in the alliance equipped to deal with this:
Execution site is very high up- Sanji has flight
Kaido and 3 calamities will probably be near Momo- Sanji has invisibility
Momo will be an open target after saving- Sanji has a cape as the protection

That's it.

Last edited:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Because so far, Kaido and his 3 Calamities is there. Its so hard to decide who gonna save momo at this point.

But Sanji is the only one who had a chance to save momo since he had his raid suit. And, we still dont know what is his "Modified" raid suit capable of.

So, the possibility of Sanji might saving Momo is there. But, that is way too risky because you're up against (literally) 4 Icebergs.:believe:

And, we still dont know what is his "Modified" raid suit capable of
This is common misconception
Sanji's asked Franky and Usopp to redesign the RS not to modify
so in other words
RS will look different but still will have the same features
So, the possibility of Sanji might saving Momo is there. But, that is way too risky because you're up against (literally) 4 Icebergs.:believe:
There isn't anyone in the alliance (or world) who can take 4 of them at once, so anyone would be in losing situation

Last edited:
I think it will be a team effort. Sanji, Jinbei Robin and Hyogoro will all play a role to rescue him. Some will have to create distraction while some rush in to save the kid.

Nice post btw. Very detailed. I honestly didn't even know Luffy and Kid are rushing off to an empty castle. Oda though is stepping up the pace seeing Luffy and Kid are already inside Kaido's castle and Hyogoro army is already at the performance hall. Everything seems to be set for the war to start.
Post automatically merged:

Don't forget Sanji's speed invisbility to the naked eye against oven. He can do it without anyone seeing him. Oda forshadowed already during WCI. He will save momo so fast no one will notice just like cheffon
Imagine him moving that first plus also wearing the raid suit in stealth mode :steef:

Kaido and the All-Stars reminds me of the formidable line up in Marineford.

How did this one break down?
  • The Admirals left their posts and went on to pick fights
  • Garp went soft on Luffy
  • Sengoku defeated by the plot. Too weak, too slow, no haki.
So basically, I don't see Oda humiliating the top of the Beast Pirates hierarchy. Not by a group, certainly not one individual. I understand Law with a big room could just Shambles Momo with a random fodder, but I still don't see it happening.

I think the Beast Pirates will disperse on their own and open a window of opportunity for a feasible rescue. Seeing the shadows of the 9 retainers could have this effect as Kaido orders his top men to attack, Orochi panics and does something stupid to help Momo. Luffy or the Scabbards as the people who get Momo out of there.

It's also possible Momo comes through on his promise and frees himself. Transforming into the dragon could slip him out of those chains, surprising everyone, leaving enough time for him to cloud surf through the air, then his bodyguards to jump in to protect him when the threats come to attack. Again, Kaido and the All-Stars need to be dispersed first so they don't just grab Momo right away.

Nah, that is an important plot point. Momo is the current damsel in distress our hero has to save and our hero is not Sanji but of course Luffy. But for sure Oda didn't send really Sanji to find hookers while Nami and co are in trouble lol he will most likely save them somewhat tricking BM and I would say that is already a good portrayal for him.

no it’s pretty clear jinbei and robin will save him if oda wanted sanji to save him thdn he wouldn’t have place robin and jinbei right in front of momo he would have place them further and and make an excuse saying that they can’t get closer
Not rly,
Jinbei is waiting for the samurai to make their move, because he knows they won't let them kill Momo. That doesn't mean the samurai will succeed.
And Nami's group was specially formed to save Momo, so they will probably play bigger role in saving him.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
For now, i had two possibilities for Sanji

1. He already in his raid suit mode, and he might already in the performance hall. But i dont know what is he gonna do next.
2. He might already going to X-Drake in the rear entrance with his raid suit too. But i'm pretty sure Oda will offscreened this because he dont want to spoiled us with his "Redesigned" raid suit.

I think every scabbard will appear on the performance floor. A grand announcement of their arrival of sorts. I think Franky/Brooke will arrive next chapter.

Notice how the big fighters likely will not be there Luffy, Sanji(he's in the castle imo), Zoro, Killer, Kidd, every F6.

On who will actually save Momo, I think Law. Only main fighter who is with the scabbards. He can shambles Momo out.

I think every scabbard will appear on the performance floor. A grand announcement of their arrival of sorts
Kinemon's group went around Onigashima, so he already went past performance floor
Denjiro is doing the same thing only from another side

On who will actually save Momo, I think Law. Only main fighter who is with the scabbards. He can shambles Momo out.
Law's group is probably the furthest group from performance floor
even Luffy is closer to Momo than Law is