But then what did Doffy mean when he said Kuzan has the look of a “man determined to do something.”

Also, reread O’Hara and look at Kuzan’s progression.

He follows passionate justice and treats the government as law.

He views atrocities and lets Robin go to test if the government’s dogma is correct.

While his experiment with Robin is ongoing he follows lazy justice as he is unsure.

Now he is passionate again and separate from the marines.

There clearly is SOME objective he is pursuing and it is like related to the WG’s history imo
I’ll have to double check on Doffys speech, I thought he said “A man who’s made up his mind.” Which makes sense as he’s made up his mind to remain free at any cost.

I regained his passion cause he realized that the marines were holding him back as he wasn’t able to pursue his own justice like he can now.

Imo he doesn’t have one cause he doesn’t need one. He didn’t join the BBP for an agenda; he joined because he knows being a member of a Yonko pirate crew grants immunity from the World Government.

Yeah I know hes Japanese lol, but theres this too, he could be both Somanlian and Japanese:

The Admirals are based on Japanese actors ofc but Kizaru seems far more Italian with his outfit, name and even design. Like Italo Disco vibes too.

Same here, far too predictable/cliche but Im scared Oda is gonna go down this route, he really loves traitor storylines for a few arcs now.

Yeah I really hope you're right, Oda handling of Kuma lately is giving me some hope but given how hes handled Kidd, Kaido, Zoro and some others, I also am losing hope too ironically.
We should have lost hope in Kid when Oda said in the SBS, he thought Kid would be very important in the story but he changed his mind
Kuzan is different, the hashinosu chapters are a proof that he will be development

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
I’ll have to double check on Doffys speech, I thought he said “A man who’s made up his mind.” Which makes sense as he’s made up his mind to remain free at any cost.

I regained his passion cause he realized that the marines were holding him back as he wasn’t able to pursue his own justice like he can now.

Imo he doesn’t have one cause he doesn’t need one. He didn’t join the BBP for an agenda; he joined because he knows being a member of a Yonko pirate crew grants immunity from the World Government.
Yeah he feels more fired up now like he used to be, a man who has found his purpose, his agenda in life again. Hes truly a self made man now than he ever was before.

His actions at WCI and especially vs Garp, as well as his dialogue seem to resonate this.

Kuzans character in Film Z was really great too, it seemed to nod towards this and also thus why he felt so much remorse for Zephyr, not just because of his history with him and thus being close with him, but also Zephyr broke away the Marines and WG, he made his own path, rebelled and did what he wanted. Kuzan saw what he wanted in his life from him, what he wanted to do and be, he saw his own future but probably also morbidly so when he saw Zephyr die to Kizaru and Kuzan even assisted in blocking off Zephyr and Kizaru there too.

It feels like the Film Z storyline with Kuzan and Zephyr was most definitely a protoype for the story with him in the manga and thus with Garp too, Garp is his Zephyr equivalent in the canon now.

Doffy speech + what Teach said to convince Kuzan is a proof that Kuzan has an objective individual goal