What's with this boss thing?

If I remember well all caribou said was he wanted to inform someone about Pluton.

That person can be BB based on the recent chapter
Nope, this chapter demostrates that his boss is another person.

"That person."

Caribou never saw Blackbeard personally.

So:

1) Caribou indeed is working for another party/guy. This option includes the following one:

- Caribou just wants to escape sound and safe from Egghead and tries to fool Van Augur and Catarina Devon. They're his only option to leave the island.

2) Caribou now wants to betray his old boss for Blackbeard.

Blackbeard is not interested into slaves (mermaids...) And Caribou was doing this just when we saw him for the first time, so no, it can't be Blackbeard his boss in my opinion.

There's something more here.

Btw, Caribou's boss being just Blackbeard... Don't know, but it's just too predictable and boring too.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Nope, this chapter demostrates that his boss is another person.

"That person."

Caribou never saw Blackbeard personally.

So:

1) Caribou indeed is working for another party/guy. This option includes the following one:

- Caribou just wants to escape sound and safe from Egghead and tries to fool Van Augur and Catarina Devon. They're his only option to leave the island.

2) Caribou now wants to betray his old boss for Blackbeard.

Blackbeard is not interested into slaves (mermaids...) And Caribou was doing this just when we saw him for the first time, so no, it can't be Blackbeard his boss in my opinion.

There's something more here.

Btw, Caribou's boss being just Blackbeard... Don't know, but it's just too predictable and boring too.
That mermaid stuff was simply for money.

He wanted to sell them and earn money. He literally states that.

Only time "that person" was brought up was when he said "I wanted to inform about pluton to that person"

It doesn't necessarily imply there is boss but just like how Barto was fascinated by Luffy...Caribou could be fascinated by BB.

And, giving pluton - an ancient weapon info could be his way into BB pirates as this info would definitely interest BB