Current Events Official Translation: It’s Zorover

There could be a whole debate about Zoro's KoH drawbacks and about how they could have improved since the King fight: he already had an epiphany right there.

But Marimo isn't even using santouryu for some reason.
Agreed, but unless we get an actual indicatiom he has a hang of it, I don't see why would we assume it.

He started with Santoryu, just changed to Nitoryu atm

The fuck? I can certainly call Oda out for whatever I want.

Don't get me wrong, it's not about "ZORO NEEDS TO BE THE STRONGEST IN THE VERSE", but about "why the hell didn't Zoro go all out earlier and finish him off?". It's in his best interest to do so, and nothing still suggests Lucci can match it. It's just "anything for the sake of convenience". Nobody comes looking good from Zoro being wasted for 10 chapters in an inconclusive casual fight with Lucci while everybody else were fighting for their lives and waiting for him.

You're okay with it? Good for you, man the fuck up about others disagreeing.
Agreeing to disagree is absolutely fine with me.

This Zoro not going all out theory is interesting to me because we, as readers, do not know what Lucci and Zoro have been doing because it is all off-screened. Lucci is not some pushover, and Zoro, being as serious as is, would not waste time playing around. Plus, the wheezing, huffing, bruises, and dialogue suggest this fight has been more than casual.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
This Zoro not going all out theory is interesting to me because we, as readers, do not know what Lucci and Zoro have been doing because it is all off-screened. Lucci is not some pushover, and Zoro, being as serious as is, would not waste time playing around. Plus, the wheezing, huffing, bruises, and dialogue suggest this fight has been more than casual.
Its classic Oda.

He made Luffy waste 10 chapters with gifters to match the beginning of the Rooftop with ch. 1000.
He made Zoro waste time with Monet, Apoo, Kamazou until it was time to wrap it up.

Oda has drawn a grand total of 3/4 pages for this fight so far. Its just Stall Piece. What's different this time, is that Luffy shitting on Lucci & Sanji performing against Kizaru makes Zoro look extra-bad in the eyes of this agenda-fueled fanbase.

And that leads to a lot of coping & seething.

Agreeing to disagree is absolutely fine with me.

The bruises are the same they both had before the fight started, though, and I don't remember other cases of Zoro going all out and sheathing swords unless it's for one specific move, after which he unsheathes them again.

So while the huffing and dialogue, as well as the sweating, suggest the fight has been more than casual, there is evidence of them, particularly Zoro, not going all out. Zoro not having an easy time and Zoro still not going all out are not mutually exclusive.

And I don't mean it as "Zoro is much stronger because he's holding back", but as "Why the hell is he, Oda?". As a reader, I do want to know.

Why is zoro vs lucci high diff bad

sanjj would mid diff him so zoro and Sanji are close in level as always NOTTJING change[/QUOTE
Its classic Oda.

He made Luffy waste 10 chapters with gifters to match the beginning of the Rooftop with ch. 1000.
He made Zoro waste time with Monet, Apoo, Kamazou until it was time to wrap it up.

Oda has drawn a grand total of 3/4 pages for this fight so far. Its just Stall Piece. What's different this time, is that Luffy shitting on Lucci & Sanji performing against Kizaru makes Zoro look extra-bad in the eyes of this agenda-fueled fanbase.

And that leads to a lot of coping & seething
Yep, that is it. I don't read with an agenda, so it doesn't bother me.

Its classic Oda.

And that leads to a lot of coping & seething.
I would say other side is doing even more you can see a lot of mc fanboys who were holding grudges over Wano acting like rabid dogs :milaugh: