General & Others Who’s Egghead Island Arc’s MVP?

MVP?

• Total voters
Hard to call Luffy the mvp here, protecting Vegapunk was by his own admission his mission and he failed multiple times.

Not to mention the embarassing display of stamina, laid out in the middle of the battlefield after a brief exchange against Kizaru. Then there's how useless G4 looked. How useless he looked against the Seraphims too.

Strawhats in general have looked pretty bad so far in this arc. Luffy hasn't been much better, his single saving grace has been WSG.

Almost seems like we went back a step after Wano so far. I think we might be getting to the serious stuff now though but it's extra pathetic knowing Luffy has been abusing his awakening the entire time and he's barely got anything to show for it, this is unusual even for Luffy's early arc jobbing standards.
MVP is reliant on comparison to others in that category
so while you can talk about failing to protect vegapunk with two top tiers hovering about

its also quite clear none of the strawhats have done anything relevant enough to be in the conversation bar perhaps sanji
kizaru's biggest contribution was making luffy use gear 5, he has done zero significant damage to luffy in this form . His mission to get rid of vegapunk, bonney, kuma, has been a complete failure. saturn stepped in and it seems they were finally able to do vegapunk in but thats least expected.

all things considered I look at the fact you have an admiral and an enraged gorosei here and neither have been able to get rid of one of their main targets till this chapter . for the most part if you ask why they haven't been able to , its been luffy. looking at the ending of the most current chapter , its about to get even more embarrassing for them .

any argument trying to paint luffy's performance here as pathetic really makes me question what standards he is being upheld to here in comparison to others because those standards would look even more grim on the the admiral and gorosei who are supposedly on the same table as the yonko.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
MVP is reliant on comparison to others in that category
so while you can talk about failing to protect vegapunk with two top tiers hovering about

its also quite clear none of the strawhats have done anything relevant enough to be in the conversation bar perhaps sanji
kizaru's biggest contribution was making luffy use gear 5, he has done zero significant damage to luffy in this form . His mission to get rid of vegapunk, bonney, kuma, has been a complete failure. saturn stepped in and it seems they were finally able to do vegapunk in but thats least expected.

all things considered I look at the fact you have an admiral and an enraged gorosei here and neither have been able to get rid of one of their main targets till this chapter . for the most part if you ask why they haven't been able to , its been luffy. looking at the ending of the most current chapter , its about to get even more embarrassing for them .

any argument trying to paint luffy's performance here as pathetic really makes me question what standards he is being upheld to here in comparison to others because those standards would look even more grim on the the admiral and gorosei who are supposedly on the same table as the yonko.
I'd say your standards are very low for Luffy then.

Luffy has just come off beating Kaidou, if you replace Luffy with Kaidou and give him Luffy's performance in this arc you might be able to see what I mean.

Heck let's just do a role reversal here and say Kizaru has been spamming his awakening the entire arc, and his mission is to protect Vegapunk, but he gets swatted away by the Yonkou when he's not awakened and then can only fight on par with the Yonkou who isn't even prioritizing him for an odd few minutes before gassing out and needing food to come back into the picture. I would honestly be calling Kizaru an embarrassment to top tiers, arguably Big Mom levels of embarrassing.

The only reason I'm not quite going there for Luffy is because I believe he will magically turn it up near the end of the arc, but that doesn't make him the MVP when he is underperforming so far. I wouldn't say Sanji has underperformed honestly.

I guess in a vacuum you can say Luffy is the MVP, but given top tier standards and expectations I can't in good faith call him the MVP.

Luffy one shotted a top tier and now is fighting two at once. A beast.
How do you one shot a top tier and proceed to fight him again
Post automatically merged:

I'd say Kuma as a default for now, since the flashback has been the most memorable event in the arc so far. I think it might change, many unforeseen events could still take place, but unlikely imo.

If luffy can clash equally with Zoro for this long he absolutely shits on Sanji. Are you serious?
What does clashing with Zoro mean, Kaku clashed with Zoro and it probably would’ve dragged on longer if Stussy didn’t get involved the way Zoro been fighting recently hell you and I might be able to clash with Zoro for a bit.:suresure:Im not moved by these clashes bruh……