Anime Discussion [Summer 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion [Season of the Robot Waifu]

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Rej

This forum is retarded.
It's over, Frieren Fridays is finally over.:josad:

But wow what a fantastic anime, this was easily one of the best fantasy anime I've seen, even the side characters that were introduced during the exam ended up being really interesting as well.

Even though the anime might be done for now, I'm going to continue from the manga.:myman:
S2 is already planned.

Alright, to continue where I left off.

The Demon Prince of Momochi House: 7/10. Pretty enjoyable show overall. This show is basically the love child of Fruits Basket and Kamisama Kiss. Too bad that a lot of people hate the show for being "inferior" to those two, I mean you're basically comparing this show to two of the greatest shoujo animes out there Lmao. But I agree that Momochi House is weaker than Fruits and Kamisama overall but it's still a decent show.

The Way of Pon: Also 7/10. A cute CGDCT show but it's actually Hot Girls Doing Cool Things. Made by the author of the Quintessential Quintuplets, it's a pretty decent show about girls playing mahjong. There's another mahjong anime called "Saki" which dives more into mahjong game, so if y'all want something more about mahjong, check out Saki.

Emi Haneru is best girl btw (she's the goth girl with red highlights on the far left).

The Unwanted Undead Adventurer: 9/10. One of my personal shows this season. It's about a normal adventurer who died and then got turned into a skeleton (like Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord and Arc from Skeleton Knight in another world). His journey is to become a Mythril class adventurer (top class) using his new powers and body as an Undead. Good stuff. Also, Lorraine is best girl for two BIG reasons.

Sasaki and Peeps: 8/10. Interesting concepts about reversal Isekai with some Mob Psycho-esque setting in the real world. Animation could have been slightly better and the story at the end is kinda wonky but it's still pretty good nonetheless. To sum up this series in one sentence:

A 40 years old man accidentally rizzing up lolis without knowing it and has a talking bird as a pet.

Undead Unluck: 10/10. One of the best shounen that I have ever watched. The world building is fucking insane. The whole story is basically about a manga written by an author who is unknown by everybody.:fuah:Anno Un is the GOAT of the series. The Autumn arc ends in a good manner I'd say. I wouldn't mind a season 2 but I want David Production to work on Fire Force season 3 now that Undead Unluck is finished. This might be in my top 10 of favorite shounen of all time ngl.

Tales of Wedding Rings: 6.5/10. Bar the fanservice, it's one of those dogshit Isekai with a bad unintended harem trope, the author stated that the MC will end up with the main girl no matter what but he decided to add harem anyway which is unnecessary as hell. The story is mediocre and the animation is meh. If this show didn't show tits and ass shots, I wouldn't even bother watching this show. I mean, I ain't even surprised considering this is from the same author of To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts and that anime was mediocre from what I remember. Giving this anime a 6.5 out of 10 is being generous. (Granart is best girl for me, with Saphir being close second).

(Granart)

(Saphir)

A Sign of Affection: 10/10. My top 2 best romance this season along with The Dangers in My Heart S2. Itsuomi and Yuki are my favorite couple this season. And the chibi art style is so cute >.<

And that's about it for my reviews. Blue Exorcist, Lv9999 Shield Tank and the Apothecaries Diaries reviews are next.

And here's a meme to summarize my feelings this season:

Also, I noticed Chained Soldier got a season 2 LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:steef::steef:

We're gonna see more of these baddies in the future, especially The Supreme Commander, Ren Yamashiro, Mommy Fubuki and other female Thunder Gods and Chiefs Can't wait.

Last thing, I don't see anyone talks about this anime at all.

Suicide Squad Isekai made by the author of Re:Zero and the ending song sings by Mori Calliope aka her first debut song for an anime. That's insane hype LOL. With insane amount of casts too.

Ushio Kofune as Harley Quin
Goblin Slayer as the Joker
Diego Reyes as Deadshot
Dio as Peacemaker
Koro-Sensei as Clayface
Giant as King Shark
Hirokazu Arai as Captain Rick Flag
Orochimaru as Amanda Waller
Chisato as Katana

Summer is gonna be crazy.

Finally catch up and finished the final episode of Frieren....

What a beautiful series. 11/10. Peak fiction. Hopefully this wins anime of the year for 2024. But Crunchyroll probably would put Jujutsu Kaisen Shibuya arc or Demon Slayer Hashira Training for AOTY or some shit. Which is garbage if that's the case.

Anyway, hopefully we get a second season made by Madhouse again. If there's changes in studios (cough, cough, J.C. Staff) then it's over. Ubel is best girl btw.

The Apothecary Diaries: 10/10. Nice conclusion of backstory about Maomao's mother and character clearance for Lakan. Maomao's dance to Jinshi is beautiful. Maomao deserves best female MC of 2024 more than Frieren tbh.

Season 2 is confirmed for 2025 btw.

Blue Exorcist Illuminati Arc: 8/10. Pretty good season overall. Not as good as the first half of season 1 but better than season 2 at least. I honestly slept through Kyoto Saga (season 2) of Blue Exorcist but every character got a good character development from that season at the very least. Second half of season 1 is filler but at least they show more mommy Shura screentime.

Season 4 is confirmed this fall. Featuring Yukio and Rin.

Lvl 9999 Shield Tank: 6/10. One of the worst anime this season sadly. The animation is near slideshow, the art is consistent but man, the budget sucks ass. The story is mediocre as well. At least the girls are cute.

7th Timeloop Villainess: 10/10. My second favorite villainess anime of all time (with My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! being the first). Great story. The artstyle is beautiful. Rishe (or should I say, Rizzshe) and Arnold are my second favorite couple this season. The gunpowder being used for fireworks instead of nuclear bombs was a pretty nice twist

This probably wouldn't get a season 2 but if there is, I would gladly watch it.

Banished from the Hero's Party Season 2: 8/10. Always like this show when it first dropped. S2 wasn't as good as season 1 but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I really like that Ruti and Tisse got more screentime this season. Van and Lavender are terrible villains compared to Ares in season 1 though. Van is just a mislead spoiled child while Lavender is a toxic character who wants to be loved by someone.

I don't mind their redemption but a lot of people hated it. Last but not least, Red and Rit finally getting married.:steef:Happy for both of them.:sweat::sweat:

And that's about it for my reviews. Mr. Villain's Day Off review will be later.

Some important news:

- Re:Zero season 3 confirmed this October. (I heard that they censored some stuff in the trailer)
- Arifureta season 3 also confirmed this fall.
- Oshi no Ko season 2 this summer.
- Beastars Final Season will have two parts (Part One will be this year and Part 2 is in production). I'm assuming that season 3 will have at least 24 episodes in total to cover the rest of the manga. My prediction is that Part One will be this fall while Part 2 will be fall 2025 or 2026. Can't wait.
- Sword Art Online Gun Gale Online season 2 airs in fall this year.
- Monogatari Series has a new trailer dropped:

- Our Last Crusade Season 2 Ending Song dropped even though the actual trailer for season 2 haven't even dropped Lmao!!!

ED song is performed by Sizuk, one of my favorite music composers. The visuals are absolutely stunning and the artstyle got huge upgrade. Which are not surprising since Silver Link got help from studio palette this time.

And I think that's about it news wise.
next arc/cour we will finally see more from the Otonari-san :arnoling:
Yup lol. Season 2 got announced.

Can't wait for more Yandere Otonari-san Lmao.
Too much SoL romance and not enough drama/tragedy romance
Does 7th Timeloop Villainess not count as tragedy romance drama?

Let's talk about Crunchyroll Award 2023 and how to make it better.

FUCK JUJUTSU KAISEN AND DEMON SLAYER!!!!

Anime of the Year (for me):

Best Continuing Series: One Piece can stay.

Best New Series: Chainsaw Man can stay.

Best Anime Movie: Suzume can stay.

Best Original Anime: I prefer Akiba Maid War or Witch from Mercury more but Buddy Daddies is fine.

Best Animation: I'll give this one to Demon Slayer at the very least.

Best Character Design: Should have been Chainsaw Man instead of JJK.

Best Director: Don't know any of them unfortunately. So the director can stay.

Best Cinematography: AOT Final Season Part 1 for me.

Best Art Direction:

Should have been Zom 100 instead of Demon Slayer.

Best Romance Anime: Horimiya Piece is great and all, but I feel like it's a "sequel" to Horimiya or a remake, like Quintessential Quintuplets new series. So I wouldn't really nominate this as the best romance. For me:

My Happy Marriage is one of the best new romance in a while. And the concept is original and not cliche like most romcoms.

Best Comedy: Spy x Family Cour 2 can stay.

Best Action:

Should have been Bleach Cour 2 instead of JJK.

Best Fantasy:

Mushoku Tensei Season 2 instead of DS. Fuck DS for this.

Best Drama:

Heavenly Delusion for me.

Best Slice of Life: Bocchi the Rock can stay but I don't mind Skip and Loafer or Insomniacs after school either.

Best Main Character: Should have been Thorfinn instead of Luffy.

But we got:

Which is sad.

Best Supporting Character: Fuck Gojo despite him being my favorite JJK character, but it should have been Reigen instead.

"Must Protect at all costs" character: Anya can stay.

Best Song: Idol by YOASOBI can stay.

Best Anime Score: AOT Part 1 can stay. Hiroyuki Sawano is goated.

Best Opening Sequence: Not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed Jigokuraku or Hell's Paradise OP despite MAPPA butcher the hell out of it. So that.

Best Ending Sequence: Chainsaw Man OP 3 or Mephisto for me.

Best Anime Voice Artist Performance: Kikunosuke Toya (Denji) from Chainsaw Man. For his very first role, his voice acting is impressive.

Don't know about other voice actors for other languages so I'mma skip those.

So Chainsaw Man here wins 3 or 4 if you're counting Ending Sequence as the most Awards in my opinion. Which is fine because Chainsaw Man is actually a good series, too bad that most Japanese audience seems to hate it though.

So how do y'all feel about my opinions for Crunchyroll Awards for 2023? And what would y'all put for these? Would love to see some opinions.
ewww AI art, big L
AI art is not that bad imo.